Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was the ending a reveal of Chloe as "Beauty" from Beauty and the Beast?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was the ending a reveal of Chloe as "Beauty" from Beauty and the Beast?

At the very end, Chloe is at the window crying. At that point, I knew something was coming as SV always likes to have a reveal at the end.

So what then was the reveal? I think it was that Chloe was becoming Davis' Beauty in this twisted version of Beauty and the Beast (Many versions of this story have been MUCH darker than the Disney Tale). The episode also gave FREQUENT references to fairy tales and Beauty and the Beast imagery. They even brought up King Kong. Also, they started the episode with a gothic lit/film approach with the cathedral.

Well anyway, the camera focuses on Chloe's face, and then slowly montages over to Davis' feet, waiting to reveal Davis until the big swell of music (that awesome song "I Don't Care").

Well anyway, if you pay attention to the background as the scene switches from Chloe to Davis, you will notice a Crate in the background. If you press pause on the scene just as it's switching, you will notice something very interesting next to Chloe's face and then as the scene finishes switching over, you can see it clearly behind Davis' feet.

The words are put directly next to Chloe's face, and then you can see it really clear behind Davis' feet. The word is "Beauty." That's what it says on the crate.

I can't however read the first word.

Well anyway, then the slow reveal up to Davis' face seemed to be a purposeful reveal. I think Davis was looking up at Chloe as his "savior" and as someone he loves. And I think the word Beauty was a clue that he was looking at her.

Ending on Chloe and then Davis was VERY telling. Davis was looking up to his redemption, his "beauty" and we'll have to wait and see what will happen.

The scene when Chloe helped Davis from turning into the beast was awesome, and was meant to be a mini-version in my opinion of the beast turning into "the prince" at the end of the story. Except here, it's just the end of the episode, as we know it won't last long. Even in the fairy tale, Beauty has a healing tear.

So, I think the end was hinting more to Chlavis, and that was the reveal. And I LOVED IT!!!!!

I even converted my little brother's girlfriend to Smallville tonight because of the Chloe/Davis. She's 17 and thinks Chlavis is a lot like Edward and Bella. Great ending to the episode!

That shot of Davis in the rain was gorgeous, and you could just feel his pain.

I loved that scene too. I watch it over and over. I loved the "Beauty" reveal at the end. The whole scene was just gorgeous. Great cliffhanger and I'm looking forward to more of these Beauty and the Beast type scenes.

Comment

Yeah, Chloe stopping Davis from transformation into Doomsday screamed Belle turning the Beast back into the prince with her love. I really did love of the imagery and suggestions of the Beauty and the Beast and the way they mentioned so many references to fairy tales. Even Tess mentioned fairy tales.

Comment

wow i didnt notice the fairytales references
        i'm looking forward to more chlavis though in eternal- who thinks we're gonna get another chlavis liplock?

Comment

Yeah I loved that scene and the little hints at the end

Comment

Originally posted by chlavisbug
            i'm looking forward to more chlavis though in eternal- who thinks we're gonna get another chlavis liplock?
            I do.

Comment

well fanily A PALCE WERE THERE NO TRASHING OF CHOLE or davis. nice of u too notic this it kind of cute well we have 2 wait an c wat bueat n beast is al abt

Comment

Topping82, I don't want to offend you but "the Beauty and The Beast" first is not a fairy tale. It is a french movie done by Jean Cocteau. Walt Disney took the idea and Twilight can be seen like this (let's say just for the main idea otherwise really nothing in common...) but well, if you can, watch the original, you will see how beautiful and poetic it is. It is an old movie from 1946.
                Someone once, sorry I don't remember her name made an analogy with "Bride" and this movie.
                It seems the "Bride"'s producer clearly said he was inspired by it and some scenes (especially Doomsday ones with the black and white colors)look similar. You will find the real one a little bit old fashioned but it is so fresh, so pure...

----- Added 2 Minutes later -----

And to answer to your topic : in the real one, no scene like you are taking about...
                Last edited by Tompouce; 03-22-2009, 10:01 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by topping82
                  At the very end, Chloe is at the window crying. At that point, I knew something was coming as SV always likes to have a reveal at the end.

So what then was the reveal? I think it was that Chloe was becoming Davis' Beauty in this twisted version of Beauty and the Beast (Many versions of this story have been MUCH darker than the Disney Tale). The episode also gave FREQUENT references to fairy tales and Beauty and the Beast imagery. They even brought up King Kong. Also, they started the episode with a gothic lit/film approach with the cathedral.

Well anyway, the camera focuses on Chloe's face, and then slowly montages over to Davis' feet, waiting to reveal Davis until the big swell of music (that awesome song "I Don't Care").

Well anyway, if you pay attention to the background as the scene switches from Chloe to Davis, you will notice a Crate in the background. If you press pause on the scene just as it's switching, you will notice something very interesting next to Chloe's face and then as the scene finishes switching over, you can see it clearly behind Davis' feet.

The words are put directly next to Chloe's face, and then you can see it really clear behind Davis' feet. The word is "Beauty." That's what it says on the crate.

I can't however read the first word.

Well anyway, then the slow reveal up to Davis' face seemed to be a purposeful reveal. I think Davis was looking up at Chloe as his "savior" and as someone he loves. And I think the word Beauty was a clue that he was looking at her.

Ending on Chloe and then Davis was VERY telling. Davis was looking up to his redemption, his "beauty" and we'll have to wait and see what will happen.

The scene when Chloe helped Davis from turning into the beast was awesome, and was meant to be a mini-version in my opinion of the beast turning into "the prince" at the end of the story. Except here, it's just the end of the episode, as we know it won't last long. Even in the fairy tale, Beauty has a healing tear.

So, I think the end was hinting more to Chlavis, and that was the reveal. And I LOVED IT!!!!!

I even converted my little brother's girlfriend to Smallville tonight because of the Chloe/Davis. She's 17 and thinks Chlavis is a lot like Edward and Bella. Great ending to the episode!

That shot of Davis in the rain was gorgeous, and you could just feel his pain.

you are right smallille always has a revealing ending. That is always what makes the episode the best the last 3 minutes. This episode we find out tess lied to clark and she is just like lex. her motto is keep your friends close but keep your enimies closer. Than we find out that jimmy takes more than 3 pills and takes 4 and he is probably going to get a divorse with chloe. But the crying in the window was probaly the least spoiler. I think that symbolized that chloe had to think about her life. What is she going to do next? She knows there is something fishy with davis and jimmy. Jimmy is acting like her mother and she thinks he belongs in mental house. But in the end do i think davis will end up with chloe no because he is evil wants to kill clark and through it all chloe keeps secrets and that is what is what is going to make her seperate with the world being shady. No one likes shady people. Do i think chloe will stay with Jimmy mabe. do i think she will go with davis no. Do i think she will be alone there is a chance more than her being with someone.

Comment

Topping 82...I didn't notice the reflection of the word Beauty in the window from a box behind Davis but I'll take your word on it. I'll have to take a closer look the next time I watch it. I figured that Davis was somewhere near Chloe when he was standing in the rain. I like those type of scenes where no words are spoken but you can see on their faces what they are going through.....I'm not the kind of writer you are but I do write poetry in story form. Quite a number of years ago I wrote a poem where a woman is standing and looking out the window and the drops from the rain run down the pane like tears falling down her face which showed the emotion she was feeling. This same thing has been used in SV. One scene which really spoke to my heart was when Clark was standing at the window and from the outside you could see the rain drops like tears on Clark's face. Lana had thought that Bizarro had been Clark and he was very sad about what had happened...Now here is Chloe, the window and the rain which gives us the same type of scene which tugs at the heart strings.....We have had debates about the Beauty and the Beast topic before and I haven't been in favor of your theory. It's not easy for me to admit but I think you have called the relationship between Chloe and Davis/DD right. It's not exact but definately a new version. Smallville has it's own versions of telling a story like the early years of Clark Kent. They make it up as they go along using a starter base from the original version.....I don't know where Chloe and Davis are going with their relationship but I think it is going to be tragic and not the happy ending of Beauty changing the Beast into a man permanently. We will just have to wait and see on this one.

Comment

I loved the Beauty and the Beast references. I think it is a fabulous idea. I love the idea of Chloe being the one who can tame the savage monster lurking just under Davis' cool fascade.

Comment

Originally posted by Tompouce
                        Topping82, I don't want to offend you but "the Beauty and The Beast" first is not a fairy tale. It is a french movie done by Jean Cocteau. Walt Disney took the idea and Twilight can be seen like this (let's say just for the main idea otherwise really nothing in common...) but well, if you can, watch the original, you will see how beautiful and poetic it is. It is an old movie from 1946.
                        Someone once, sorry I don't remember her name made an analogy with "Bride" and this movie.
                        It seems the "Bride"'s producer clearly said he was inspired by it and some scenes (especially Doomsday ones with the black and white colors)look similar. You will find the real one a little bit old fashioned but it is so fresh, so pure...

And to answer to your topic : in the real one, no scene like you are taking about...
                        No offense taken. But actually Beauty and the Beast is a fairy tale. The earlier influences come from Cupid and Psyche. But the story evolved over time. The most famous versions of the fairy tale come from Perrault, De Villeneuve and Beaumont from the 18th and 19th centuries. Beauty and the Beast is a VERY famous fairy tale. The Cocteau film was based on the fairy tale.

And it was actually me who made the Bride analogy. I love La Belle et La Bete. And I'm not sure what you mean about that last statement. The crate was simply foreshadowing what is to come. And that Chloe is the "Beauty" of this story.

----- Added 1 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by chlo-el
                        Yeah, Chloe stopping Davis from transformation into Doomsday screamed Belle turning the Beast back into the prince with her love. I really did love of the imagery and suggestions of the Beauty and the Beast and the way they mentioned so many references to fairy tales. Even Tess mentioned fairy tales.
                        I know. It was like the ending of the story. Only his transformation back into the "Prince" will not be permanent.

I loved all the fairy tale mentions through out the episode.

Originally posted by chlavisbug
                        I'm looking forward to Eternal too! And I'm definitely thinking we'll get another kiss.

----- Added 3 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by luthorian
                        Yeah I loved that scene and the little hints at the end
                        I know. I just watch it over and over.

----- Added 3 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by rehana/chole
                        well fanily A PALCE WERE THERE NO TRASHING OF CHOLE or davis. nice of u too notic this it kind of cute well we have 2 wait an c wat bueat n beast is al abt
                        Definitely no Chloe and Davis bashing from me, because I LOVE both of them.

----- Added 7 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by haydenclaireheroes
                        you are right smallille always has a revealing ending. That is always what makes the episode the best the last 3 minutes. This episode we find out tess lied to clark and she is just like lex. her motto is keep your friends close but keep your enimies closer. Than we find out that jimmy takes more than 3 pills and takes 4 and he is probably going to get a divorse with chloe. But the crying in the window was probaly the least spoiler. I think that symbolized that chloe had to think about her life. What is she going to do next? She knows there is something fishy with davis and jimmy. Jimmy is acting like her mother and she thinks he belongs in mental house. But in the end do i think davis will end up with chloe no because he is evil wants to kill clark and through it all chloe keeps secrets and that is what is what is going to make her seperate with the world being shady. No one likes shady people. Do i think chloe will stay with Jimmy mabe. do i think she will go with davis no. Do i think she will be alone there is a chance more than her being with someone.
                        See, I don't see Davis as evil. He has no free will. Sam Witwer when asked in the recent TV Guide interview if Davis was evil he said very adamantly, "NOOOOOOO."

Chimmy is over in my opinion, and I personally think they were hinting that Chlavis was coming. But that's just me.

Smallville does like to end on cliffhangers.

----- Added 10 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by SnowBird
                        Topping 82...I didn't notice the reflection of the word Beauty in the window from a box behind Davis but I'll take your word on it. I'll have to take a closer look the next time I watch it. I figured that Davis was somewhere near Chloe when he was standing in the rain. I like those type of scenes where no words are spoken but you can see on their faces what they are going through.....I'm not the kind of writer you are but I do write poetry in story form. Quite a number of years ago I wrote a poem where a woman is standing and looking out the window and the drops from the rain run down the pane like tears falling down her face which showed the emotion she was feeling. This same thing has been used in SV. One scene which really spoke to my heart was when Clark was standing at the window and from the outside you could see the rain drops like tears on Clark's face. Lana had thought that Bizarro had been Clark and he was very sad about what had happened...Now here is Chloe, the window and the rain which gives us the same type of scene which tugs at the heart strings.....We have had debates about the Beauty and the Beast topic before and I haven't been in favor of your theory. It's not easy for me to admit but I think you have called the relationship between Chloe and Davis/DD right. It's not exact but definately a new version. Smallville has it's own versions of telling a story like the early years of Clark Kent. They make it up as they go along using a starter base from the original version.....I don't know where Chloe and Davis are going with their relationship but I think it is going to be tragic and not the happy ending of Beauty changing the Beast into a man permanently. We will just have to wait and see on this one.
                        Hey! That sounds like a great poem you wrote. That's cool that you could admit that. I'm really glad they've been following through with all of their foreshadowing, so I'm really excited!!!

I don't know where they'll go either, but it will certainly be an exciting ride. Not every Beauty and the Beast type story has a happy ending. Though, I would prefer it if they could!

We definitely already got a little bit of that scene where Chloe turns him back into a man from the Beast, though on SV it is only temporary.

----- Added 10 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by SupermanRox
                        I loved the Beauty and the Beast references. I think it is a fabulous idea. I love the idea of Chloe being the one who can tame the savage monster lurking just under Davis' cool fascade.
                        I did too! They were riddled with them. I just think it's so romantic to think that Chloe can calm the monster within.
                        Last edited by topping82; 03-30-2009, 08:26 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎