No announcement yet.

Wow. One word. Wow.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow. One word. Wow.

Other than sex, this episode had it ALL.

- SAM driving the Impala when both boys were in the car
    - Episode was one huge emotional rollercoaster, from opening second until the credits
    - Humor was extremely toned down, rightlfully so tonight, but was present when allowed
    - HUGE myth-arc revelations all over the place
    - Anna coming back was a big surprise to me, as I've remain very unspoiled this season so far

I guess I'll start with Sam. I think I'm pretty much done both ignoring his "problems", in the sense of looking for the best in him despite his actions, and also defending his actions to others. I was figuring that he was just getting stronger by "exercising the muscle", not drinking demon blood. I'm sorry bud, but you've lost sight of the forest for the trees now. He truly is becoming what Dean said to him back in Metamorphosis, about how he "should be hunting Sam down". And being able to kill demons now, especially demons like Alastair?? Nothing good is going to come from that. Another question; is Sam a true threat to Angels now? If not, why didn't Castiel try and stop Sam from actually killing Alastair, when they are supposedly trying to prevent him from going total "darkside"? Just kinda made me think and wonder.

I thought Sam's bag was full, how about Dean?? He started the process to Apocalypse and now he has to be the one to stop it?! How do you even begin to deal with that information? I just hope they don't make it so Dean has natural Angel powers or do something to make it so he has them. That would just be an "easy out". The whole torture sequence was hard to watch. I'm not sure who was tortured more; Alastair, Dean, or Castiel. The physical pain was Alastair's, but the emotional and moral pain was all Dean & Cas'. Brilliantly written, directed, shot, and acted sequence all around. Bravo to all 3 actors/characters.

So now we're left to question if God actually exists. GREAT "wrench thrown in the works" moment there. And the fact that the Angels are working against each other and some want Lucifer to rise? A bit cliched but just seems to really work for this show and myth-arc.

This episode ranks in the Top 10 at the very least, but more like Top 5 (IMO). Great all-around. This season overall has been reallllllllllly good and a shame its coming to an end in 6 eps and about 2 months (in real-time). I really must say, avoiding spoilers has made watching the episodes this season more enjoyable, not knowing what's coming already.

I agree with practically everything you said. This episode was one of the best they have ever done.

Comment

Great review

Comment

Just got to thinking about it... Alastair was giving Castiel a royal beatdown - this was after all the torturing by Dean, & then getting stabbed and the knife twisted, with a special blade - and was in the process of sending Cas back upstairs (IOW, Alastair was much more powerful than Castiel), but Sam comes in and deals with Alastair like he's merely swatting a fly.

While it may be true that only the knife that Uriel had is the only thing that can kill Angels, I'm thinking that Sam will not easily be "smote" by Angels when/if they try it.

Comment

hmm, well perhaps its like special conditions, like, you can be so strong that no one can take you, and yet u cant kill the person without a special condition. in this case, being another angel.

or uriel was just overestimating their strength, and perhaps only other angels can kill angels because they are the only ones strong enough to do it, but sam has proven to be strong enough to kill now, who knows, maybe he can kill angels now as well, i mean his power kinda looked like the power the colt had which can kill anything......which kinda makes me wonder...where the hell is the colt still :P

dunno, something tells me theres gonna be a smackdown in a later episode between sam and an angel

but perhaps castiel seems so weak because the human body limits his powers? i mean, earlier this season, everyone was afraid of angels, but so far i havent really seen much in terms of their powers to be afraid of really. i mean yes, super strength, and touching you can burn you (except for alaister), but i still dont get that sense of....i dunno, power...

Comment

Thanks for the review!

Comment

Originally posted by SVfan26
              Just got to thinking about it... Alastair was giving Castiel a royal beatdown - this was after all the torturing by Dean, & then getting stabbed and the knife twisted, with a special blade - and was in the process of sending Cas back upstairs (IOW, Alastair was much more powerful than Castiel), but Sam comes in and deals with Alastair like he's merely swatting a fly.

While it may be true that only the knife that Uriel had is the only thing that can kill Angels, I'm thinking that Sam will not easily be "smote" by Angels when/if they try it.
              Well Sam needs Demon blood to be that strong, so without the blood an Angel could easily take him down. Castiel is seeming more like just a front line solider. Hes powerful but nowhere near the stature of Alatstair.

Comment

Originally posted by tam123
                hmm, well perhaps its like special conditions, like, you can be so strong that no one can take you, and yet u cant kill the person without a special condition. in this case, being another angel.

or uriel was just overestimating their strength, and perhaps only other angels can kill angels because they are the only ones strong enough to do it, but sam has proven to be strong enough to kill now, who knows, maybe he can kill angels now as well, i mean his power kinda looked like the power the colt had which can kill anything......which kinda makes me wonder...where the hell is the colt still :P

dunno, something tells me theres gonna be a smackdown in a later episode between sam and an angel

but perhaps castiel seems so weak because the human body limits his powers? i mean, earlier this season, everyone was afraid of angels, but so far i havent really seen much in terms of their powers to be afraid of really. i mean yes, super strength, and touching you can burn you (except for alaister), but i still dont get that sense of....i dunno, power...

as far as the colt goes...didn't ruby offer it to lilith to try to get out of her deal? so that should mean lilith has it. which if she does, and the colt can kill anything, then it could kill angels, so watch out for lilith with a colt.

Comment

Castiel mentions to Uriel that angels are architects of fate. Perhaps he is more of a situation tweaker than he is a warrior. There are definite warriors out there, Uriel seemed to be more that way, but I think this isn't Castiel's style of fighting.

Comment

Supernatural becomes more intense day by day.

I mean Angels are really scary

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎