No announcement yet.

Mistakes, Plotholes & Inconsistencies in Turbulence

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by txluvstom
    Okay,if you must know. After the explosion,you see Clark look out the window and then you see Tess' face out her window. When the camera comes back into the plane,Clark gets up and your can CLEARLY see that his BELT is missing from his pants. Clark goes to the cockpit,Tess checks the parachutes,and when they meet up again,Clark's BELT is back on! I've replayed it over and freezed it. Check it out.
    good catch

Comment

Originally posted by devilneedsaride
      What I want to know now is why on earth Tom Welling would need to take his belt off in between takes while shooting an episode.
      On a serious note,since most of the time they film scenes out of sequence,it could of been as simple as this. If he was ill during filming,then he could stop filming to rest in his trailer and it was just a slight oversight. Maybe they just wanted to finish the scene quickly so he could go home. I guess it's just speculation until maybe we get an explanation in a commentary.

Comment

Originally posted by newbaggy
        This reminds me of an episode of The Big Bang Theory where Sheldon points out that, in Superman, when Lois Lane falls out of the helicopter, the force of Superman's arms impacting against her body when he catches her should have split her in three!

He probably needs to get out more(!)
        But the TBBT guys got it wrong. Leonard argued that he (Superman) could have slowed down. And Sheldon argued "In what space sir, in what space?" and argued that he was "two feet above the ground". But in the actual Superman movie Superman catched Lois in the height of the 20th floor, not just above the ground.

But that's OT.

Comment

Originally posted by txluvstom
          Damn striaght!!!!! I also notice it happened AFTER Tess/Cassidy knelt down to him. Smart girl.

I can't wait for the deleted scenes on the season 8 DVD!!!

Comment

Ok, is it me or should the situation in which Clark smashed the door of a plane result in a massive change of pressure, resulting everything in the plane to fly towards the hole, in this case the door ?
            The same thing like in 'Crusade', when Clark (Kal-el) smashed the door of a Lex' plane to get one of the stones...

Comment

There are always mistakes on the VILLE thats how it goes.

Comment

Originally posted by e-µ-i
                Ok, is it me or should the situation in which Clark smashed the door of a plane result in a massive change of pressure, resulting everything in the plane to fly towards the hole, in this case the door ?
                The same thing like in 'Crusade', when Clark (Kal-el) smashed the door of a Lex' plane to get one of the stones...
                I think the pressure already changed when the pilot's cabin exploded, that's why the oxygen masks were down. Also, if this was planned in advance by Tess, then the pilot was flying at a lower altitude so the change of pressure wouldn't hurt her. After all, she had to be conscious to see what Clark would do.

I think the biggest plothole of that scene is how the pilot managed to cause an explosion in his cabin and escape through that tiny whole in the glass without hurting himself badly. He didn't even have bruise in his face when he came for his money.

Comment

He's had the ability since season 1, but as for controlling gravity I think he has displayed that in some ways.

First off his superjumps are controlled, when he jumped into the building where he found davis with blood on him, he super jumped vertically...for him to have jumuped up and over the ledge would've been extremely hard from where he was standing, it would've made sense if he was standing further away from the building, but he jumped straight up, over the ledge and inside the building. He did a similar thing with lana in the fortress, not only will power but confidence will do this, so its possible he's just figuring out now what triggers the ability.

When clark fell from the rocket he made a loud bang...therefore with Tess he should've made a loud bang as well, unless he slowed himself down. As for his aura, well it protects people when he shields them with his body, but as for the force from the impact when clark lands on the gound, Tess should've been dead...but then again its just like how he super speeds and carries someone, since Force=MxA, so theoretically the people he saves should be dead, or hurt. My only guess is he takes a slight pause just before he grabs them, but does it so fast that it looks like he's superspeeding in one motion. As for Tess and in the air, his only alternative for a smooth impact, would be if he floated just before hitting the ground.

Is it possibly clarks been practicing but hasn't told anyone, maybe he's come as far as hovering/floating...but still can't will himself to fly, its possible he's been hiding it, you'd think he'd want to learn since he's enjoying saving people as RBB, you'd think clark would be "superspeeeding is cool, but flying, heck ya!!!!" They just need to get him up there, 4-5 years of the teasing is fine, they've proved they can overhype up trailers, but i want to see them deliver and give the fans something to look forward too, especially after 8 long seasons.
                  Last edited by optinox; 03-24-2009, 03:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by devilneedsaride
                    What I want to know now is why on earth Tom Welling would need to take his belt off in between takes while shooting an episode.
                    That's a good question. Maybe Tom's belt was a little tight and he felt more comfortable taking it off in between shots. I don't think that any of us are complaining. I'm sure that we all would love to see Tom take his belt off onscreen.

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎