• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zHeN_zHeN
    Why wait any longer? Now would be good.
    exactly

Comment

Originally posted by xrayvision
      I at least want to see an attempt at flight. If he realizes that he will crash land & has to toss Tess in a lake moments before he does, I would still be happy.
      I would love to see an attempt. They shouldn't make him full fly the first time, the attempt would be awesome and the maybe at the end of the episode, they show that he's practising.

If he really does fly, he should jump out of the plane and be crashing landing in a big city, so he's forced to fly and when he does the residents of the city say,

"Hey, What is that? Is it a bird? Is it a plane?"

"IT'S THE RED BLUE BLUR!"

That would be historical.

Comment

Originally posted by bizzaro93
        I would love to see an attempt. They shouldn't make him full fly the first time, the attempt would be awesome and the maybe at the end of the episode, they show that he's practising.

If he really does fly, he should jump out of the plane and be crashing landing in a big city, so he's forced to fly and when he does the residents of the city say,

"Hey, What is that? Is it a bird? Is it a plane?"

"IT'S THE RED BLUE BLUR!"

That would be historical.
        I agree 100%.

Comment

rofl

Comment

Recently the CW sent out an email to members of the site saying that Clark flies in this episode. I am hoping it is a play on words referencing the fact that he flies in the plane.

Two things :

1) I don't believe it is happening. I remember last year in the CW's description for Veritas when it said "Kara teaches Clark to fly". That never happened. So I am skeptical to say the least.

2) I don't want to see him fly in Turbulence. I am hoping that it happens in S9 when flight can get its own episode. There has been too many years of build up with super jumps and gravity defying moments, for him just to fly on a whim. You need to show Clark slowly coming to grips with his fear of heights and all the trial and error of him trying to get the hang of it before he finally does. For them to give us a quick segment in the plane, would be a rip-off in my opinion. Honestly, I am a bit surprised more people don't feel the same. Doesn't it seem wrong to anyone else that every other power would get an entire episode, and the most important one of all gets rushed? I mean everyone is so happy at the possibility of Clark flying in Turbluence, but no one is really stopping to think about it. If Clark flies on a whim this season, they will never go back to it to show him mastering flight, because he flew already. I am hoping it is just another plan on words for the CW.

Comment

Originally posted by vyperman7
              Recently the CW sent out an email to members of the site saying that Clark flies in this episode. I am hoping it is a play on words referencing the fact that he flies in the plane.

Two things :

1) I don't believe it is happening. I remember last year in the CW's description for Veritas when it said "Kara teaches Clark to fly". That never happened. So I am skeptical to say the least.

2) I don't want to see him fly in Turbulence. I am hoping that it happens in S9 when flight can get its own episode. There has been too many years of build up with super jumps and gravity defying moments, for him just to fly on a whim. You need to show Clark slowly coming to grips with his fear of heights and all the trial and error of him trying to get the hang of it before he finally does. For them to give us a quick segment in the plane, would be a rip-off in my opinion. Honestly, I am a bit surprised more people don't feel the same. Doesn't it seem wrong to anyone else that every other power would get an entire episode, and the most important one of all gets rushed? I mean everyone is so happy at the possibility of Clark flying in Turbluence, but no one is really stopping to think about it. If Clark flies on a whim this season, they will never go back to it to show him mastering flight, because he flew already. I am hoping it is just another plan on words for the CW.

I agree with your second opinion i would like to see a whole episode dedicated to the flights...but really he better atleast attempt it...but this situation that he is going to be envovled in with Tess It almost seems like he doesn't have a choice, or he could do the hole falling to his feet and landing like he did earlier with Lana

Comment

i think he's going to fly

Comment

I hope if something does happen they don't make a big deal out of it but point it out at the last possible second.

Comment

I want him to fly! Oh, and I also want him in the suit

Comment

Two things :

I have to disagree Ryan. I don't want flight top just happen in one episode like a lightswitch. Too many developmental things about Clark have been like this: his job, his powers, his fighting ability to a degree, the ending of his 'ship with Lana (letting her go was a lightswitch due to the events of Requiem), the start of his relationship with (feelings for) Lois, and his acceptance to be a hero. I want him to practice flying and crash a few times before mastering it, rather than be indifferent to even trying to fly and just doing it one episode as a result of TPTB having all sorts of other BS agendas involving Chloe, Lana, Oliver, etc. to fill the plots of the episodes with pointless crap.

Comment

Honestly, I am a bit surprised more people don't feel the same. Doesn't it seem wrong to anyone else that every other power would get an entire episode, and the most important one of all gets rushed? I mean everyone is so happy at the possibility of Clark flying in Turbluence, but no one is really stopping to think about it. If Clark flies on a whim this season, they will never go back to it to show him mastering flight, because he flew already. I am hoping it is just another plan on words for the CW.
                        I feel the same way you do. I like to save some things and give them the context they deserve (which is why Reckoning irritated me so much).

The truth is, Clark already knows how to fly. He just has some mental block. I'd rather see him fly because he has no other choice, in a situation relating to someone he loves - not in an emergency that has been set up, especially not one set up by Tess.

Comment

What a copout!

Give me a break. They cut that scene and didn't even show his landing. What a bunch of crap!

Comment

As per the poll earlier in the week...Fall with Style!!!

----- Added 1 Minutes later -----

Although I thought he was gonna fly...
                            Last edited by Kefala323; 03-19-2009, 05:55 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Who cares? its not like he was flying anyways, they just jumped.

Comment

I rather them wait for him to fly to save someone he cares about im glad they didnt show him fly

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎