No announcement yet.

What's Sawyer's Problem...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's Sawyer's Problem...

Ok, for the past few episodes Sawyer's been happy and then Jack and the others come back and he's extra pissy. I get that he and Jack never really got along but it seems like Sawyer's got an extra chip on his shoulders.

- Assigning Jack as a Workman
    - Pushing Sayid around
    - Reading his book and being nasty towards Jack....

Wouldn't it have made more sense for Sawyer to have Jack and them working with him on security so they could all stay in communication without looking odd?

i think for once in his life sawyer feels important and needed and them returning would ruin everything he worked so hard for and he doesnt want jack taking his glory.

Comment

Yeah, what's up with Sawyer? Last night was the first time I ever disliked him.

Jack and company risked life and limb to come back to the island to save those left behind. You think Sawyer would have shown a little gratitude. I think his leadership role has gone to his head.

Comment

I didn't find anything wrong with Sawyer last night. Assigning Jack as a workman wasn't bad, it was a job, that's all. Pushing Sayid around was needed. He can't let anyone know that he knows Sayid or the lie is gonna go up in smoke. I felt that Jack was more nasty to Sawyer. He wanted Sawyer to come up with a quick plan to help Sayid, when a quick plan would do nothing but make the situation worse. The thing is that the oceanic 6 probably thought they would come to the island and everything would be the same. But it's been three years and things are different. Jack can't just come to the island and be the leader, Sawyer is the leader now.

Comment

I don't think Sawyer could show Jack/Kate/Hurley any favoritism because it would signal that something was off about them.

I'm okay with him making Jack the Workman because well, that's what his "aptitude test" suggested he do and it makes for a good way to hide the fact that he's really a spinal surgeon

I actually felt like Sawyer was looking out for everyone, helping cover up for Sayid, getting Jack/Kate/Hurley jobs, and making sure everyone was taken care of.

I liked that he was reading because well, Sawyer's been reading for a LONG time on this show. That's what he does

Comment

Originally posted by Tabularasa
            I didn't find anything wrong with Sawyer last night. Assigning Jack as a workman wasn't bad, it was a job, that's all. Pushing Sayid around was needed. He can't let anyone know that he knows Sayid or the lie is gonna go up in smoke. I felt that Jack was more nasty to Sawyer. He wanted Sawyer to come up with a quick plan to help Sayid, when a quick plan would do nothing but make the situation worse. The thing is that the oceanic 6 probably thought they would come to the island and everything would be the same. But it's been three years and things are different. Jack can't just come to the island and be the leader, Sawyer is the leader now.
            ya i agree with jack trying to be the leader agian. sawyer is probably the best leader they can have since this whole thing is a con and sawyer is the master con artist. he knows how to make things work and since he knows the outcome in the future he knows what to and what not to do. and talking to richard helped cause im sure if sawyer never came to the rescue of the girl the outcome of richards visit would of been different. im sure instead of richard coming to darhma it would of been horace going to confront richard.

Comment

I think Sawyer was just feeling the weight of his responsibilities. Yeah he came across a bit harsh, but everything he was doing was for the protection of his friends.

Yes, he was rude to Jack, but I'm sure that Sawyer blames Jack for everything that has happened. Jack did walk in thinking that he would be the leader again and the reality is that Sawyer has to be the leader now - whether he wants to or not. He seems to be taking the responsibility very seriously (as he should - it does appear to be life or death for all of them).

Sawyer certainly has changed. But I like it. He is a much more interesting character now then he was season 1.

Comment

Yeah well everyone, the Losties and O6 will go back to the future so Sawyer's three year breath of glory will go up in smoke.

Comment

3yrs feels like a long time, Sawyer is used to authority now and doesn't want Jack coming back and taking over which is understandable.

Also Sawyer is shacked up with Juliet who Jack has feelings for and Kate is back.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎