Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Special Effects in "Turbulence"

This thread is for the discussion of the special effects seen in Turbulence.

I'm excited to see more speciel effects from the plane sequence

Comment

They could be crazy if Clark really does end up flying. What they did with season 4 wasn't bad but technology is better now and I expect more.

Comment

Originally posted by devilicus rebel
        They could be crazy if Clark really does end up flying. What they did with season 4 wasn't bad but technology is better now and I expect more.
        Whoah- I totally LOVE that sequence. I still get chills when I see that clip Sure the technology is better now, but do they have the budget to use that technology??

Comment

The plane sequence seems to have pretty cool effects, can't wait to watch them all

Comment

Clark, just to see this awesome and handsome man is a special effect

Comment

Originally posted by Clark/Lois-fan
              Whoah- I totally LOVE that sequence. I still get chills when I see that clip Sure the technology is better now, but do they have the budget to use that technology??
              This is exactly what I'm thinking. It almost seems suicidal to attempt an episode involving a plummeting airplane when the show's budget is this low, but hopefully they will do a good job with it.

Comment

I guess Clark doesn't fly in this episode, although, he will!
                Oh well, still good effects.

Comment

Special effects were "meh" as always. Sometimes it seems as if Smallville is so cheap they can't even outdo Lois & Clark's FX (Which were sort of poor in the first 2 seasons but got good in 3 and 4) which didn't even have much CGI at its disposal.

Comment

One shot I particularly liked was the wide shot of the jet, and then it zooms in on Tess's face in the window.

Comment

I don't know if it is a problem with Smallville, the CW or my Dishnetwork, but I keep getting glitches during Smallville. It does not happen with any other show unless there is really bad weather so this makes me think it is a Smallville/CW problem. Is anyone else having a problem like this?

Comment

Originally posted by superdoomsday
                        Special effects were "meh" as always. Sometimes it seems as if Smallville is so cheap they can't even outdo Lois & Clark's FX (Which were sort of poor in the first 2 seasons but got good in 3 and 4) which didn't even have much CGI at its disposal.
                        I'm probably the few here who could care less about FX. Most of the movies and television shows I like have crappy CGI. Than again, most of the movies and TV shows I like are a decade and older LOL. Anyway, special effects shouldn't make up the quality of the driving force that is writing, acting and direction.

Comment

Clark changing into his red/blue in the phone booth was cool..

Comment

There was one shot of the plane flying that they have used every time Oliver's jet has been in the air. The blood when Chloe died looked really stupid. Other than that I thought they did a decent job.

Comment

poor effect as Clark and Tess jump out of plane. I was hoping for more.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎