No announcement yet.

Clark Chose Lois over Lana

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clark Chose Lois over Lana

If any thing shows me that Clark chose Lois over Lana, this episode did. Clark had the Legion ring. He chose to use it to make sure that he picked Lois up on time from the airport, but he did not use it to reverse what happened to Lana.

Very Good Point - Well Played

Comment

I think alot of people(myself included) pointed out how stupid it was to have Clark and Lana end the way it did because there was so many ways to fix it. It only took 1 episode to find an easy out as you mentioned above.

I just chalk it up to bad writing on the shows part

Comment

Originally posted by Sunny8
        If any thing shows me that Clark chose Lois over Lana, this episode did. Clark had the Legion ring. He chose to use it to make sure that he picked Lois up on time from the airport, but he did not use it to reverse what happened to Lana.
        Excellent point Sunny8

Comment

Yep, I've stated this several times back in Requiem before the episode aired proving to me that he also gave up on Lana and didn't bother to think of a resolution.

Comment

Precisely. He didn't even consider it. Yes, KK left the show but storywise that doesn't matter. Clark chose to pick up Lois from the airport in time over going back and fix things with Lana.

Comment

Originally posted by Supsfan
              I think alot of people(myself included) pointed out how stupid it was to have Clark and Lana end the way it did because there was so many ways to fix it. It only took 1 episode to find an easy out as you mentioned above.

I just chalk it up to bad writing on the shows part
              There were several ways to fix it, but TPTB seemed to have not noticed any of them, it appears.

Comment

it`s my thoughts exactly)))))))))
                I don`t know if it means "Lois over Lana" but it certanly means that he had a chance (I mean twice: 1st time when Lana was in SV and almost begging him to try to find a way for them to be together, and the 2d in Infamous- if he turns time back all the way so why he just couldn`t back when Lex made this Kbomb??) and he just didn`t get that chance...I think that Clark understand that Clana won`t work, he said it in Bulletproof to Chloe, he understand it in his mind, but when he see her his heart and his old feelings win over mind...so I guess he is the one who decided to let her go and have a new life without her...IMO
                And KK should left the show, I think that she knew that her time in show was over long time ago....

Comment

I don't think Lana wanted to change things either. Because the right thing to do in that case would have been to revert things to the moment prior she donned the suit and prevent her from doing it. But Lana would never accept that because she wanted to be super powered. Reverting time to the kryptonite bomb moment would have been a momentary solution because Lex was going to continue to try and plant not one, but hundreds of kryptonite bombs until he obtained what he wanted. Lana made a choice and she has to deal with the consequences.

Anyway, I don't think Clark chose one over the other. His thoughtlessness turned his life upside down (and his friend's) and he was trying to fix things. He didn't just do it for Lois.
                  Last edited by Bizarrolover; 03-18-2009, 06:40 AM.

Comment

IMO, Clark chose to use the Legion ring to stop Linda Lake from revealing his secret. Clark picking up Lois from the airport was something that he was able to correct as a result of that, but it wasn't the reason why he put the ring on.

Comment

I don't think he chose Lois over Lana because he didn't use the Legion ring to fix what happened to Lana. If KK was still on this show, Clark would've used the ring to fix Lana but because KK is gone...well, you get the point.

And since when does it show that Clark has chosen Lois? He isn't choosing Lois over Lana. He stopped the almost kiss from happening in Bride because Lana came back and he barely mentioned Lois the entire time Lana was back in his life. He turned Lois down for coffee and the entire episode showed a semi-close friendship between the two the entire time.

Comment

Come on...Does someone really think that the use that clark gave to the ring had anything to do with Lois?He went back on time to stop Linda Lake.Choosing Lois over Lana?If Kristin was contracted that ring would have been used one month ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Jor-Fer
                          If Kristin was contracted that ring would have been used one month ago.
                          Except it means squat storywise, because Clark - the fictional character - does not sit down and sulk over the fact that Kristin Kreuk isn't available. He could have used the ring to fix things with Lana. He didn't.

Comment

Originally posted by myankskent
                            IMO, Clark chose to use the Legion ring to stop Linda Lake from revealing his secret. Clark picking up Lois from the airport was something that he was able to correct as a result of that, but it wasn't the reason why he put the ring on.
                            Yes, but it was one of the reasons which I think was less important than reversing Lana's problem. But obviously he did not think so. He did not even have to think about picking Lois up at the airport but it must have been something he was really concerned about.

----- Added 2 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by Alaska Young
                            I don't think he chose Lois over Lana because he didn't use the Legion ring to fix what happened to Lana. If KK was still on this show, Clark would've used the ring to fix Lana but because KK is gone...well, you get the point.
                            Lex has not been on the show yet they dealt with his character. KK not being on the show had nothing to do with it.

And since when does it show that Clark has chosen Lois? He isn't choosing Lois over Lana. He stopped the almost kiss from happening in Bride because Lana came back and he barely mentioned Lois the entire time Lana was back in his life. He turned Lois down for coffee and the entire episode showed a semi-close friendship between the two the entire time.
                            He is choosing her by not helping Lana. The moment he decided not to use the ring to help Lana showed that he had moved on.

----- Added 3 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by Jor-Fer
                            Come on...Does someone really think that the use that clark gave to the ring had anything to do with Lois?He went back on time to stop Linda Lake.Choosing Lois over Lana?If Kristin was contracted that ring would have been used one month ago.
                            See above answer.
                            Last edited by Sunny8; 03-18-2009, 09:47 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

It was because what happend to Lana was a big thing. And if clark chose to make things right, then he would have change life as we know it a lot. And I think that Clark is scared to do such a big change, the last time he did something like that, it ended up with his father's death.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎