Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

why did Clark realize that the one thing he learned is that he can't tell Lois!!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• why did Clark realize that the one thing he learned is that he can't tell Lois!!

I don't understand what did Lois did that he don't want her to know about him again. He said to Chloe that the one thing he learned is that he can't tell Lois his secret.

What do you think he meant by that??

I was really wondering about that myself. Possibly it was because of the danger that she was in with the Agents and he could not stand to have her threatened again. It certainly couldn't have been because of her reaction because it was all it should have been for the future love of his life.

Comment

I think it was because he knew how much it ended up hurting Lana and he didn't want the same thing to happen to Lois probably because he really cares about her and I don't mean Loves her because it's too soon but she means a lot to him.

Comment

Now you made me think.......

Comment

Because Clark has a habit of learning useless things.

Comment

Originally posted by superjude
            I was really wondering about that myself. Possibly it was because of the danger that she was in with the Agents and he could not stand to have her threatened again.
            I think he meant that also. It would be one more person he had to worry about just because they knew his secret. When he was in the kitchen talking with the agent, Clark looked alarmed when the agent mentioned Lois. I think he does not want her to have the same fate of everyone that knows his secret. However, like everyone else that loves him and knows his secret, I don't think Lois would feel that she was in any danger and she would love to know.

Comment

I had a different take. I thought Lois' wanting Clark to fight to be known and respected and loved by all was something that Clark didn't feel was possible. Her speech about finding someone special seemed to affect him. He doesn't need to feel special, but her wanting that for him is what he was afraid of.

You know Clark, take one little straw and make it the straw that broke the camels back. hehe

Comment

She was almost shot by the police. They were going to kidnap her and see what information they could get out of her. So he just wants her to be protected. I love him.

Comment

The notion that knowing his secret puts people in danger doesn't really work with Lois; she's has always gone looking for danger. Not knowing Clark's secret hasn't kept her from fighting the same villains as Clark. In fact, in a few episodes, she was already taking them on when Clark arrived.

However, in Abyss, Clark was upset that Chloe got infected by Brainiac because she was trying to protect him. Maybe that's what Clark is worried about with Lois. HIs experience in this episode clearly shows that Lois is ready and willing to go to battle for him. Maybe he's afraid that she'll get herself killed trying to protect him.

On the other hand, maybe he's just afraid of committment. For a man, there's nothing more scary than recognizing that you've met the woman you could spend the rest of your life with.
                  Last edited by dcmarriott; 03-18-2009, 12:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sunny8
                    I think he meant that also. It would be one more person he had to worry about just because they knew his secret. When he was in the kitchen talking with the agent, Clark looked alarmed when the agent mentioned Lois. I think he does not want her to have the same fate of everyone that knows his secret. However, like everyone else that loves him and knows his secret, I don't think Lois would feel that she was in any danger and she would love to know.

And can I just say , AMEN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Iluvgreen
                      She was almost shot by the police. They were going to kidnap her and see what information they could get out of her. So he just wants her to be protected. I love him.
                      All that happened because he told the world who he was, not because he told Lois.

Comment

Exactly, Dyanara, though again, I can sort of get why Clark did it from his perspective. After all, if it had been his choice, he may have never told Chloe, nor Pete, nor perhaps even Lana (okay, maybe not her, with the silly Lana-blinders he wore for seven seasons), and it was out of the noblest of reasons -- wanting to protect them from the burden of keeping his secret and getting sucked into the double life he leads. However, it was a pretty lame lesson to take from the events that occurred before the time jump...

How about these lessons?

*Wait and listen to Lois's urgent message from Chloe before you jump back in time.

*Don't blab about your kryptonite allergy with such a loud voice -- you should know by now that there are always crazy meteor freaks and criminals hiding out in the bushes.

*Have a better back-up plan for protecting yourself and your friends after you reveal your identity without having FIRST dealt with the diabolical Linda Lake.

--SGuthrie ><>' --

Comment

yea I never really understood the logic on that one. I mean, he could tell her who he is and just keep his name out of the paper. she could claim to have interviewed him as the RBB and keep him anonymous.

Comment

I think there are several things going on here.

One: unless Clark shares the secret with the world, learning Clark's secret basically means you know have to figure out how to cover for him. Constantly lying on his behalf to every single person who isn't in on the secret. And for someone who's dedicated to telling the truth like Lois, that's an awkward position to be in.

Two: people who want to go after Clark, go after his nearest friends instead. and the more people who know the secret, the more likely someone will slip up or god forbid have the truth beaten out of them. so the less she knows, the safer everyone is.

Three: and to me the most significant, Clark realized in the barn how strongly Lois feels for him and he's still too damaged from the Lana fiasco to reciprocate in kind. he needs to stand back and go slow for now. if he told her now, it would through their whole relationship out of whack and its just not the right time for it.

Comment

Ok, I apologize for bumping a thread that has been dead for over a year but don't kill me ok.
                              If I recall, Clark was forced to tell Pete because he found the ship, Lana found out through trickery and snooping, Chloe found out through Alicia which also was against Clark's will. I do understand, especially after the he11 that was S9 Chloe, that Clark doesn't want another relationship damaged like the one's with PLC because of his secret and you can even throw Lex into that equation. When Clark has been given the ability to take away the knowledge of who he is from those he loves he tends to go for it, he did it with Chloe and did it again with Lois in Infamous, because he sees the damage it causes. So I don't think Lois did anything wrong in particular, I like to pretend that Clark chose to keep Lois in the dark because he couldn't bare(did I spell that right) the thought of losing her like he lost the others. While he was able to deal with the loss of Lex Chloe Lana Pete...he couldn't do the same with Lois.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎