Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How important is Sarah's Character to the success of the Show?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

but now that Chuck is more on his own, I feel that the team chemistry is already falling apart a little. i do think once it's no longer the Chuck Casey and Sarah team, the show wouldn't be as good.

Comment

She is really importante to the Show.She gives the Serie romance and even accion.And its really nice to see Chuck and Sarah together fighting for what they feel for eachother.

Comment

if it wasnt sarah i think lots of people wouldnt watch the show.. but she has a main role (and difficult cuz of the accent thing) for the show.. she is amazing and we love her

Comment

I don't think the show could survive without Chuck (obviously the title character), Sarah, or Casey. Together, these three make up Team Bartowski.

Chuck wouldn't be the man he is today without Sarah. I strongly believe that Chuck and Sarah are the backbone of this show. It is their relationship that is the undercurrent throughout the entire series so far.

Comment

plus Sarah helps the Intersect to perform. More specifically in S3 E9 when Chuck couldnt ''flash'' for over a week as soon as he confused to Morgan that he loves Sarah he got his flashes back and took care of those guys who took over the castle. It has been prooved that when he is around Sarah he is the guy who all wanna see..Aslo in S3 E10 when he took the pill and he was acting like the perfect spy ready to kill the Ring's agent when Sarah walked in he stopped -.-

Comment

Sarah is the strongest character of the show after Chuck, and the love between them is the second half of what the show is all about. She's the only reason Chuck agreed to work with the CIA in the first place.

So if Yvonne were to leave the show, the writers would have to come up with a storyline strong enough to justify Sarah leaving and to bring up a new character and plot element to replace her.

Chuck is one of the best written shows on TV today, I think. It is very character-driven. Shows that tend to have a big cast turnover tend to be less about the characters and more about the world they live in. ER is the best example I can think of. The CSI franchise fits into this group. Even Smallville fits due to its evolving world; although the central characters of Smallville haven't changed much, many characters have come and gone as the story has evolved. The writing casting and directing determine whether it succeeds or fails.

We've come a long way since the two Darrens on Bewitched. Remember how they never bothered to explain that change?
              Originally posted by closetclana
              This is just something I've been thinking about and I wondered what others thought as well.

If for some reason Yvonne Strahovski left the show, do you think it would survive? Or is the character Sarah intrinsic to Chuck's success?

There have been a few shows that have successfully changed main characters. The one that comes readily to mind is Jag - where Cathrine Bell didn't come on board until the 2nd season. Maybe you can think of other examples as well.

Would the premise of the show Chuck be strong enough to keep viewers if they brought in a new female agent to watch over Chuck in season three?

(btw this is my 500th post! So I think that makes me a "whiz" now - I wonder if I get a wand?)

Comment

Sarah is the show's strongest character, period. I don't think Yvonne is leaving anytime soon...if the blooper reels show anything it's that she is having the time of her life making this show. She will leave when the show has ended/been cancelled.

Comment

Central. Sarah Walker is an iconic character.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎