No announcement yet.

Sam's come a long way

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sam's come a long way

I was thbinking about his speech to Dean in the cemetary about how they aren't the same as normal people "I have demon blood in me, Dean and you've been to Hell" and how different Sam is now from "I just want to have a normal life" early seasons Sam.

It's funny how hard he fought and now he's come full circle and is the one embracing being a hunter and being different. He's more gung ho about it than Dean now.

I just find it ironic, that's all.

Anyone else?

yeah in a way i love that cause now hes close with dean and stuff, but now we know that we DONT really know his character(cause he changed) and hes unpredictable and mysterious and we never know whats going on with him and we cant always know what hes thinking and feeling which we kinda knew in the begining of the series.

Comment

I was just watching "Wishful Thinking" today, and Dean asks Sam if he wants to wish for his "lawyer life" or whatever, and Sam said it's too late for that. Sam used to be really different. Even at the end of the first season, he still talked about going back to school after they killed yellow eyes. I'm not sure that I totally like this new Sam. I think that there are parts of him that are better, but parts at the same time that are worse. Hopefully he gets past this whole being a butthead and hanging out with Ruby thing pretty soon.

Comment

I think in a way, Sam is just tired of fighting it; as in having demon blood and demonic-related powers.

He (at least up until Pamela said her dying words to him about his "good intentions" not being good at all) believed he was doing the right thing in doing whatever he was doing by dragging the demons out of humans (be it killing them or banishing them back to Hell). And as far as we know (or I believe), he is saving the possessed humans in the process, if they weren't dead to begin with. That's a HUGE plus, in his book.

I also think he's tired of the whole thing and wants it to end, so he's in a way speeding up the process by using any means necessary to get the job done. And as he's said before, he doesn't want the blood/powers, but since he's got them, why not use them to do "good"?

I definitely do not envy Sam. Its not right to use them, but if you got it and it saves lives, especially Dean and good people, why not do it? Impossibly tough position for him right now.

Comment

Originally posted by comptonassmel
          Sam used to be really different. Even at the end of the first season, he still talked about going back to school after they killed yellow eyes.
          Exactly. I think back to Shadow and Sam and Dean's big talk before they went to confront Meg and Sam was all, like you said, "I'm going back to my life when this is done", which you could see broke poor Dean's heart!
          And now he says he's not going back. Which ok, he's finally accepted that he can never have 'normal' but now we need to get him to accept that his life can still be more than hunting, I guess. That he can have things he wants too. That normal is...well, all relative (pun not intended).

I'm not sure that I totally like this new Sam. I think that there are parts of him that are better, but parts at the same time that are worse. Hopefully he gets past this whole being a butthead and hanging out with Ruby thing pretty soon.
          I'm with you on that one!

Comment

Working...
          X
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎