No announcement yet.

He's Just Not That Into You?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LoveHurts38
    Hello, I hope everyone enjoyed the episode.
    I did

Comment

Very well put, Jade.

Comment

Originally posted by Kryptochloe
        See?? This is the way how you start a fight...
        What!?!?! I'm simply stating my opinion. What did I say wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by Clana4Life
          How does his not showing up prove that he is into her?

What was there to let Lois down about? Lois hadn't divulged any feelings for him on that timeline, just a desire to talk about the possible kiss if he wanted to.

The end scene - I guess it's all in the way you look at it. What reads as conflict to one can easily read as something else to another viewer. I thought he looked sad at hurting her feelings and also the fact that he knows she's trying to save face and be strong about it.
          because, Clark was scared to take a step further in his relationship with Lois. He was scared on going into that territory with her, not because he doesn't like her, in fact he likes her a lot, more than he's willing to admit, but because of so many reasons right now, he's hesitating.

Clark was aware of how Lois felt about him based on what she last said to him in the first timeline in the barn, and if he really wasn't that into her, he wouldn't have wanted to lead her on and just tell her nicely at the table that he wasn't interested.

However, he didn't. He doesn't know what he wants to do. He knows he that he wants to be with Lois in more than a regular platonic friendship, but at the same time, his duties as a hero and his recent experience with Lana is really confusing him right now.

Comment

Honestly, The episode make me feel that: Clark is not that into Lois, yet. Of course he will be. We all know how this thing is gonna end. But that's what I felt. He is not in the same place where Lois is, yet.
            I agree. I don't think he knows where he stands with his feelings towards Lois. I also feel like that's a totally legitimate position for him to be in. If you think about it - and all shipper wars aside - he was in love with Lana for a long time. He didn't REALLY look at loving anyone else in that time. Yes, we could argue that he thought about pursuing something with Chloe - and I think he did for a short time. But even then, his heart belonged to Lana.

Now he's faced with the prospect of moving on, loving someone else. I think that would be a hell of a confusing time. Heck, I've known people who have broken up with their significant others after only a couple of years, and it was a confusing time for them when they started moving on.

I think Lois has a lot more awareness of her feelings for Clark than he has for his feelings for her, at the very least. And that's okay, because if he'd been all, "Ah, Lana who? I love Lois!" this episode, a lot of people would cry foul for a very legitimate reason. It wouldn't make sense, and it would make Clark look like a shmuck.

That said, I'm sure he'll get there. And he is notorious for sending out the wrong signals to a gal, even if he loves her, in a misguided attempt to "protect" her. Like when he told Lana he didn't love her and it was over because he thought it was the "right" thing to do. I'm sure Lana felt like he wasn't into her at that moment, and I'm sure he was into her quite a bit. He can just be an idiot sometimes.

Comment

Originally posted by rebecavaldez
              What!?!?! I'm simply stating my opinion. What did I say wrong?
              Well, that comment there: "It had to be a Clana...".

I'm not tryin to fight either. I just hope that we can talk about this without attack eachother.

Comment

Jade I'm just reading your posts and nodding my head like an idiot...So ITA with everything Jade said!

Comment

Well, that comment there: "It had to be a Clana...".
                  I'm not tryin to fight either. I just hope that we can talk about this without attack eachother.
                  It just upsets me that Clana fans are always ready to mess with Lois and yet when a Clois fan is ready defend, it becomes trouble!

Comment

Originally posted by Jade4813
                    Except that isn't the point of the episode the fact that what Lois knows isn't the whole story? Not even in the sense of her not knowing Clark's secret, though there is that. (And Clark, when trying to protect his secret, does stupid things that might make girls think he doesn't like them - look at Lana for the first several seasons and, as you argue, Lois now.) But also, she has no knowledge of the events that happened before he used the ring.

If someone doesn't know the whole picture, than the image they're getting is liable not to be the correct one. Think of it this way: If your boyfriend forgets your birthday today and hasn't called you two days from now, you're going to think he isn't that into you. And if you tell your friends about it, they're likely to agree. But in that intervening time, it was revealed to you that he hadn't called you because he'd been in an accident and had been in somewhat serious condition in the hospital but he sent you three dozen roses to apologize...then that's a different picture, isn't it? Then you'd probably think that there was some superceding cause for why he SEEMED not to be that into you. And all of your friends would probably agree.

Particularly in this situation, if you look at it from just one point of view - what Lois knows, for example, at the end of the episode - than you're certainly not seeing the whole picture. As to whether or not Clark's into her...I'm sure she thinks he's not, right now at least. I suspect in a few episodes, it will be made clear to the AUDIENCE at least that Lois's perspective may not be seeing everything.
                    This is why I thought the scene at the end seemed overly dramatic. Lois didn't know about any of that stuff that happened, so she should not have been disappointed. It's pretty much like her being away from Clark for a month or so, coming back and then being severely let down that he didn't show up.

I posted something about this yesterday or earlier today:

Smallville - and Lois Lane - are back as Clark reveals his true identity to the world! And who is the noTORIous villain in this episode? Talk about the 3/12/09 episode here!

Pretty much, it was overly dramatic because TPTB derailed everything between Clark & Lois with the last few episodes & felt that they had to come on strong to reverse the tide. And if you analyze the episode as a whole & Lois' expectations, it doesn't make sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Jade4813
                      He can just be an idiot sometimes.
                      It had to be a man....

Comment

RebecaValdez,

Well, I don't want it to become any sort of Ship A vs. Ship B. And since I'm the only Clana fan in here at the moment, I don't think that will happen. I don't argue ships. Actually I don't need to bring Clana up at all in relation to this. I'm solely interested in Clark and Lois and how Clark handled this situation with her. You think he's already in love with her? I just don't know that he's there yet and will even allow himself to be "there" yet.

Nora,

I don't doubt that he's interested. I just don't think he's as interested or as invested as she is. From the perspective of Lois, I wouldn't read things as "him being afraid of getting hurt." I know Chloe said this, but nothing Clark said or did implied that he was actually fearful. I'm more in agreement that he might be scared of Lois getting hurt, much like he was with Pete, Lana and Chloe. But he's not doing or initiating anything in such a way as to make one think he's actually interested in exploring the possibility of a relationship. Maybe he doesn't want to open to anything like this at this point.

Comment

Oh he is into her, otherwise he would have showed up with no problem and let her know that it was the moment and all.....He was struggling! Clois is endgame, no matter what so I am happy!

Comment

He's into her, but not that into her. And being a little into her isn't enough

Comment

Originally posted by xrayvision
                              This is why I thought the scene at the end seemed overly dramatic. Lois didn't know about any of that stuff that happened, so she should not have been disappointed. It's pretty much like her being away from Clark for a month or so, coming back and then being severely let down that he didn't show up.

I posted something about this yesterday or earlier today:

Smallville - and Lois Lane - are back as Clark reveals his true identity to the world! And who is the noTORIous villain in this episode? Talk about the 3/12/09 episode here!

Pretty much, it was overly dramatic because TPTB derailed everything between Clark & Lois with the last few episodes & felt that they had to come on strong to reverse the tide. And if you analyze the episode as a whole & Lois' expectations, it doesn't make sense.
                              I see what you're saying, but I disagree. I think BECAUSE Lois didn't know what had happened recently, she had cause to have higher expectations than she otherwise would. If you think about it, last time she saw Clark at the wedding, he danced with her. He almost kissed her. And before she left, he held her while she was scared and seemed to care about her.

Now she's back a few months later, and all she knows in that intervening time is that Lana was around and now she's gone again. So the automatic presumption would be "the two of them decided it wouldn't work out." Not "Lana attached herself to a supersuit and is now poison to Clark because of the green meteor rocks that I didn't know affected Clark anyway."

Of course, she didn't remember what happened earlier in the episode but she DID know that she brought up the kiss and then essentiallys said, "If you wanna pursuit it, come for coffee. If not, stay home and I'll get the message." So he doesn't show, and her automatic thought was that he's, as the OP said, just not that into her.

Of course she'd be disappointed. I don't expect her to be mad at Clark, but I think it's natural any time you're into someone and you find out they're not into you back, to feel disappointed. Particularly since I'm sure she'd have played that near-kiss in her mind a hundred times, trying to figure out his feelings and trying not to be overly optimistic but not being able to suppress the hope that perhaps he does have feelings for her. It's clear she's got feelings for him; I think it's perfectly natural in this situation for her to feel disappointed. If she knew everything that had happened and THEN knew he hadn't shown up, I think she'd have had cause to feel LESS disappointed. But knowing as little as she did, I think her disappointment was perfectly natural. I'd have felt that way too, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by rebecavaldez
                                It just upsets me that Clana fans are always ready to mess with Lois and yet when a Clois fan is ready defend, it becomes trouble!
                                You assume much just because one is a Clana fan. It is the implications made that if one is a Clana fan then one must want to start a shipper war that the poster was referring to. I like Lana and I also like Lois just fine, too. I hope you don't feel as though you have to defend Lois in here. No one is attacking her. If anything, this thread is more about Clark's actions and the way he handled/mishandled a situation. My being a fan of Clana doesn't impede me from liking Lois. That's all I have to say about that. Back on thread.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎