No announcement yet.

Was "Infamous" a filler episode?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by xrayvision
    I actually liked Legion & Bulletproof. I think they could have sacrificed Toxic, Power & Requiem.
    Legion was a great episode and it would have been even better if it had taken place before Chloe's mind wipe and before the wedding. Bulletproof was a definite filler. I liked it too. But it was a filler.

Comment

I think Legion happened when it did for a reason--regarding Chloe. Something obviously happened that caused the Legion not to recognize Chloe or hear of her. I tend to think that the events as they originally played out in Infamous is what caused it---since Chloe was killed by Doomsday in the original timeline (as we were about to see had the scene not cut out). Since the timeline wasn't altered yet at that point, Chloe's existence ended so that the Legion never heard of her. As of the changed timeline, we have yet to find out if Chloe will be recognized by the Legion.

Comment

Heck no! It was anything but!

Comment

Originally posted by xrayvision
          I think Legion happened when it did for a reason--regarding Chloe. Something obviously happened that caused the Legion not to recognize Chloe or hear of her. I tend to think that the events as they originally played out in Infamous is what caused it---since Chloe was killed by Doomsday in the original timeline (as we were about to see had the scene not cut out). Since the timeline wasn't altered yet at that point, Chloe's existence ended so that the Legion never heard of her. As of the changed timeline, we have yet to find out if Chloe will be recognized by the Legion.
          So you're saying that if the Legion never gave him the ring, Chloe would have died, and that's why they didn't know her? That actually makes a lot of sense. Does anyone else feel the need to do a chart? I think I need to start one to keep track of the two time lines....

But that also means the writer's have purposely prolonged Chloe's life. Why do that if they plan to kill her? Even though its just a rumor, it has substance. So let's say Chloe does in fact die in the finale. Why go through all the trouble of weaving the story to the point where you save a character's life only to kill them 7 episodes later?

Comment

Perhaps to show that this time around, the time travel would not have resulted in someone dying who would have otherwise lived had the time travel not taken place. If Clark & Chloe die, then I think it would have been the same end result if Clark never stopped himself (and Linda Lake) from exposing his secret.

I don't know who will die---I just wish these damn spoilers were never released. It could easily be Clark & Tess. Or Davis & Tess. I seriously think that Lex is now Oliver Queen after transplanting brains and if this is true, Tess' death would make sense. I posted a thread in the speculation forum about this and its implications in Turbulence (based on the trailer I saw) and Injustice (based on what I think the episode will be about). Here's the thread if you're interested:

Post your wildest theories, speculation, musings about what's going to happen on the show. ALL threads containing spoilers must be marked with the word SPOILER in the subject line.

Then again, I don't know what else they can do with Chloe. I don't know how else Jimmy will be single when Superman shows up. Then again Chloe may get taken to the future by the Legion while Tess will die. I don't know, nor do I want to until the episode airs.

Comment

It is often said that this show is about Clark and his journey to become Superman. In this episode, he tried to come out just as Clark Kent with no dual identity and tried to live that life. It showed us and him that he can't just do that, not in the world that they live in. I think this episode will finally show him that if he is to become a symbol of hope, he will have to do it not as Clark Kent, but another identity.

Also, Clark's progression with Lois is evident as he does remember everything that happened. He knows what she thinks of him now, something I don't think he truly realized before.

Comment

Plain and simple....No!

Comment

No, it had a lot of foreshadowing for future episodes, I thought.

Comment

No. It was much more than a filler.

Comment

It most definitely was not a filler eppy...I think its setting the stage for bigger, brighter...(Lois and Clark)..and more dangerous...(Doomsday)...things to come
                      I think it was quite a signicant eppy IMO

It showed that Clark has to have another identity in order to save people and to give hope to the world.

It finally shows Clark the depth of the feelings that Lois has for him....I don't think there has been a clearer moment than at the end of the eppy for Clark to see whats actually in front of him for once in his life regarding Lois. And he is beginning to see the magnitude of his own feelings for her also.

This eppy definitely advanced the storyline. Thats just my tuppence on the subject

Comment

Lois was in it, right? Okay, filler

Kiddin' on that one, but I don't think it was not a filler. We already knew what was coming and nothing serious happened... The writers wanted to give all the Cloisfans a Clois moment and this was the only way to do that...
                        How is that not a filler?

Comment

The best part was seeing Davis making sure I won't have to see Linda Lake anymore!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎