Smallville: The greatest love of all

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I never wanted it to end!

Comment

I cried like a baby in the last scene, of course the moving song(perfectly chosen) added to the tears.... I felt horrible for Lois. I almost gave up on Smallville after the Lana fiasco, but I can say that we've all had that ex(first love). I don't think Clark is in love with Lana anymore. I think that he loves the idea of her. She was save ground for him in the love department because that is all he knew. I mean, she is his high school sweetheart and Lois is the REAL DEAL. She is his soulmate for crying out loud and he is scared. He starting to realise just how much he cares for Lois. He had all intentions to show up, but when he saw her there, he changed his mind. He is not only afraid of the intensity of his feelings, he was devastated by the fact that if he really wanted to start a relationshp with Lois, but he would need to tell her the thruth....and the whole experience he had putting her at risk in that episode didn't help. I was pissed off that he didn't walk over and at least had coffee with her, but I replayed that scene several times and even though Lois broke my heart in that scene, it could have not been better. I am hoping that in the next episodes, we finally get to see Clark's feelings for a change.

I third that, Lana who?....I will pretend those four episodes were a dream and that they never happened...it's the only way I can be happy.

Go clois...yeah baby!

Comment

I also saw the journey beginning with the episode! I was extremely happy with it and now I know Lois and Clark will happen on Smallville, that Clark will face his destiny before Lois but will realize his feelings along the way, because she is going to have fun with the RBB.
        I am looking forward to every single episode to come.

I was most annoyed with Linda Lake of course. She is just not fun to watch.

Comment

Totally YES!

Comment

Originally posted by damara531
            I totally agree. And I think that the look on Clark's face in the final scene when Lois texts him back says it all. We've yet to see the best that Clois has to offer. And I for one can't wait!
            same here.. now the last scene made me understand why clark has to pay a great price in the near future. he stood her up!!!

Comment

I love how TPTB have turned Superman canon on its ear. It is wonderful seeing Clois in a new way. For the first time Lois loves Clark not Superman first. Lois actually loves Clark before he realizes that he loves her, a great counterpoint to the way Clark has always played second fiddle to his alter-ego.

As for the episode, I only found the scene when Clark dons the Legion Ring to be lacking. This is the one time Clark has to express his feelings for Lois in a safe way. She will have no memory of whatever was said or done. You can tell from the earlier scene that Clark is finding it hard to see how Lois thinks she isn't important to him. My other problem with this scene is Clark would never have left Lois mid sentence, maybe if the barn had been surrounded or he felt her life was in danger. It makes no difference if he leaves this second or a year later to the ring. I think the scene could have been adjusted to have Clark give his answer to Lois about whether he will tell her when he goes back, by telling her she is very special to him and kissing her. Then have her phone ring or have Doomsday appear and then have him don the ring. This would have set up the last scene more properly, as he feels he is protecting her from who he really is.

Comment

I liked this episode b/c simply it was an eye opener for Clark

As for Clois I have no problem with halting it right here after the Lana arc. I have no intentions of forgetting. It’s to soon to start Clois now. I don't want a rebound relationship.

CK isn’t emotionally ready to start anything with Lois now. He’s still mending his broken heart over Lana. He can’t give Lois all of him right now. He’s also afraid of his feelings for Lois and her feelings for him. We can’t forget Clana wasn’t the best relationship for him & he may fear making the same mistakes with Lois and losing her completely like Lana or turning something like Lana. He’s not only protecting her from the enemies but from himself. What CK needs is time to heal & sort out his life and feelings.

Lois is sad b/c she feels right now she lost to Lana. She can’t compete with her. She did do the right thing in making CK make the decision to start or stop Clois even if it hurt her. Lois understands all to well about hurricane Lana Lang. She’ll give CK his space & never bring the almost kiss up again to keep her friendship with CK solid.

It’s a new chapter in Smallville mythology with this episode. Hopefully CK will develop into the “hero” finally without anyone’s help but accepting his destiny as RBB. It will just be a plus for CK when Lois falls in love with his “alien” side b/c she already loves “Smallville” side. Lois will fall in love the same man twice. How much more proof you will need to know this women loves & accepts you no matter what.

Clois has to be portrayed with care, slow & easy with a lot of emotional effort on both parts making it a more stable adult spiritual relationship. PS3 has a long way to go to reveal to the viewers why Clois is 1 billion times more psychologically & emotionally more powerful then Clana in a very short about of time.

Why is Clois "the greatest love story" in all comic book history?

Can they do it. We’ll just have to see.
                Last edited by Tinyeppy; 03-15-2009, 04:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tinyeppy

As for Clois I have no problem with halting it right here after the Lana arc. I have no intentions of forgetting. It’s to soon to start Clois now. I don't want a rebound relationship.

CK isn’t emotionally ready to start anything with Lois now. He’s still mending his broken heart over Lana. He can’t give Lois all of him right now. He’s also afraid of his feelings for Lois and her feelings for him. We can’t forget Clana wasn’t the best relationship for him & he may fear making the same mistakes with Lois and losing her completely like Lana or turning something like Lana. He’s not only protecting her from the enemies but from himself. What CK needs is time to heal & sort out his life and feelings.

Lois is sad b/c she feels right now she lost to Lana. She can’t compete with her. She did do the right thing in making CK make the decision to start or stop Clois even if it hurt her. Lois understands all to well about hurricane Lana Lang. She’ll give CK his space & never bring the almost kiss up again to keep her friendship with CK solid.

It’s a new chapter in Smallville mythology with this episode. Hopefully CK will develop into the “hero” finally without anyone’s help but accepting his destiny as RBB. It will just be a plus for CK when Lois falls in love with his “alien” side b/c she already loves “Smallville” side. Lois will fall in love the same man twice. How much more proof you will need to know this women loves & accepts you no matter what.

Clois has to be portrayed with care, slow & easy with a lot of emotional effort on both parts making it a more stable adult spiritual relationship. PS3 has a long way to go to reveal to the viewers why Clois is 1 billion times more psychologically & emotionally more powerful then Clana in a very short about of time.

wow such a great post..so well thought out. I was a little sad after Infamous, but I have to agree, slow is probably very good right now so Clark can get it together and get over --oh I am sorry I can 't even say it! But you are right. He needs time.

Comment

Lois was spot on, Clark was stiff and unreadable towards the end.

Comment

CLois is endgame. Clark has issues to settle and some maturing to do. There's absolutely no need to rush this relationship. PLEASE don't mess this one up. I'm still trying to figure out what made Clana tick.

Comment

Lois & Clark always leave me wanting more!!!!!

Comment

This show needs to be twice as long just for more Lois and Clark!!

Comment

Wow, geat post, ITA with all that you have said Tinyeppy. I love this bit

I never looked at it this way before...it's a very interesting way to look at it

It’s a new chapter in Smallville mythology with this episode.

YES, The PS3 most definitely need to prove to viewers why clois is so much more than what clana was, both psychologically and emotionally.

Hopefully CK will develop into the “hero” finally without anyone’s help but accepting his destiny as RBB. It will just be a plus for CK when Lois falls in love with his “alien” side b/c she already loves “Smallville” side. Lois will fall in love the same man twice. How much more proof you will need to know this women loves & accepts you no matter what.
                            Wow, "Lois will fall in love with the same man twice", very well put, I love the way you put this .

Very nicely stated, It truly is the "greatest love story" IMO in comic history, It is an iconic love story that you fall in love with over and over again and it never gets boring. IT is memorable and unforgettable. Its CLLOOIISS

Comment

The first time Infamous was aired my VCR hic cupped so the 7/31/09 airing was the first time I saw it.
                              It was a "what if episode" and I totally enjoyed it. Of course, we all knew a reset button would be pushed and Clark would use the ring to reset time. But that didn't make it any less fun to watch.
                              I think the Clois was handled perfectly. After the super saint Lana travesty, did anyone really want to see Clark running head long into a relationship with Lois?
                              I hoping to see a slow long remantic build up between the two and will gladly go along for the ride.

Comment

I voted no, because dont understand how Clark is going to play two heros at once without hurting Lois?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎