The Good, the Bad, the Clois

SO many opinions I have about this episode...

THE GOOD:
    Davis Bloome. This guy is the real deal, and I'm sad to know that he won't be back in season 9. His acting is flawless (2nd best to John Glover in my honest opinion), and I love watching him portray the Doomsday/EMT dynamic. His scenes are getting better and better. I was clapping when he wasted Linda Lake.

Lois Lane. Comedic? Check. Fun to watch? Check. Gorgeous? Check.

Clark FINALLY accepting the dual-identity perspective (after the time reset). Chloe even threw in a cape reference...nice.

THE BAD:
    This episode's hype that led to such a letdown for me. WE KNOW that the writers couldn't honestly re-write the history/mythology of Superman...so as I'm watching I'm just waiting for what the "twist" was going to be that Clark uses to get out of this jam. Perhaps I'm over-analyzing it, but the entire 3rd act of this episode was a replay of the first half of "Reckoning" to me. There I was...watching Lois accept Clark's true self...only to see that Clark will erase it. I accept that it needed to happen...but damn.....at least lay one on Lois! That was the PRIME time for a kiss!

THE CLOIS:
    Not as good as "Bride", but I can see alot of fanyboys (and girls) making new tribute videos for youtube (search 'clois') that will be showing, verbatim, the last act of this episode. I honestly felt for both of them at the end there. A few times I have sent false text messages like that, I could really relate. This is defintiely hitting harder than Clana ever did. UGH! I hate these tease episodes.

Anywho, my overall opinion: Good Smallville. Not great, but good.

yes i agree it was good, not great.

Oh yeah, I'm gonna be one of those fangirls making a video.

It was great.

And don't forget, great things come to those who wait

Compared to the last few episodes, it's a freaking Oscar winner.

I would like to also point out what this episode has now made me realize...I can never again go back and re-watch the earlier seasons in their entirety. My fav episodes for sure, but not the seasons as a whole, because I could never again stomach through the Clana. I've never had this experience with any other show that I've ever watched.

Good point. I couldn't watch S1-4 or 5 of Clana.