No announcement yet.

[UH-OH!!] Lois is going thru Lanation phase

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Clana4Life
    You hit the nail right on the head. I find it strange that Lois didn't even ask him about what happened between him and Lana. What would have happened if they had met for coffee and discussed the almost kiss. Would she just forget to inquire about the status of his relationship with Lana? Strange...
    Maybe Lois asked Chloe if Lana was still in Smallville in one of the many times she called to ask about her husband. Perhaps Chloe told her that Lana was gone, apparently for good this time, and didn't give her much information about what happened with Clark. That's how I imagine it happened.

Anyway, Lois knows Clark is not the kind of guy that would start a new relationship without ending the previous one, so I'm sure she was going to postpone that conversation for the moment they finally started something.
    Last edited by Bizarrolover; 03-18-2009, 06:54 AM.

Comment

NO, No , NO , No , NO , NO. Please let there not be so much angst with Lois and Clark, as there was with Lana. I don't mind a little doubt and some playing hard to get, but none of the mopey, killjoy attitudes, and let it be nothing like the past 7 seasons of Clana. I want it to be more fun and breathtaking.

Comment

I watched this episode for the first time recently and I have to say, nothing of Lois's reaction and feelings towards Clark reminded me that of Lana.

No matter how guarded, tough, head-strong and independent a person is, they are not exempt from feeling some (even if very little) vulnerability when it comes to the opposite sex. You'd have to be pretty one-dimensional not to. Lois, as strong as she is, is still a human being with feelings and it's natural that when you do fall in love, emotions will be flying around. Lois now has to deal with her feelings and yes, it has made her less guarded than she usually is. I suppose that's when happens when someone gets under your skin. That doesn't mean she's a different person (or heaven forbid Lana!). We're just seeing a different side to her persona. As the mythology more or less states, Lois Lane is well known for being a tough journalist with an abrasive nature but underneath that tough exterior has an air of vulnerabilty about her. Superman/Clark Kent is one of the few people who knows all sides to Lois, hence why he falls in love her.

As for the Lana and Lois comparison. They couldn't be anymore different if they tried. If any two people are from different planets, it's those two. Lana is a sweet girl but she is way to dependant on the love of another man. She also comes across needy sometimes and wallows in self-pity. Lois on the other hand comes across far more street-wise and independent. She does get emotionally attached to a guy she cares for and she will be down when it's all over but Lois is a survivor and she will pick herself up and carry on. She doesn't wallow in self-pity. She's grown up doing things her own way and no doubt she will throw herself into work and carry on. Life is tough but so is she.

It's clear now that Lois is falling her Clark, more than she's fallen for any other guy, so it's natural that the viewers will see another side to her but that doesn't mean she's a different person or going through a "Lana phase". Just that her guard is dropping and she's adapted to the situations around her. As long as the writers don’t make too piney and still maintain her sarcastic, bossy, witty, head-strong nature, I'm all for seeing "some" vulnerability when it comes to Clark. I think right now, they have the balance right.

Comment

While I may see a couple of VAGUE similarities, no, I don't think Lois is going through a "Lanation phase" (cool phrase, though, by the way). There are a lot of aspects of the Clana relationship that are missing here. Let's see... we don't have nearly the same amount of angsty uncomfortable quality from Clark (except maybe at the end of the episode)... Lois isn't whining all the time about Clark's secrets and lies (in fact, she doesn't even seem to have the foggiest inkling that he has any sort of double-life)... And both Lois AND Clark are far more confident and purpose-driven now than Clark and Lana were in earlier seasons of their relationship (or sometimes lack thereof). The only real similarity I see is on CLARK'S end, in that he feels he has to keep Lois in the dark for her own safety, just as he did with Lana.

--SGuthrie ><>' --

Comment

Oh come on guys, she is not at all like Lana. I mean, Lana wouldn't text back saying 'Chasing a lead, couldn't make it anyway'. She would just text something like 'Clark... this isn't going to work' as she rides her horse off into the sunset to Oasis' Wonderwall. As has been pointed out already, she is naggy and Lois is not. I will be very surprised if Lois starts talking to Clark about how they need to be more honest and such.

Just because she was stood up does not make her Lana 2.5. That's the most ridiculous reasoning I've ever heard. People get stood up all the time, does this make them Lana 2.5's? Clark doesn't even knowingly like Lois at the moment, he just doesn't want to lead her on.
            Last edited by sithius; 03-19-2009, 06:48 AM.

Comment

While I don't think (and desperately hope not) they are going to make the Clois relationship as drama filled as the Clana one was, I do think the angst is only beginning. Let's face it. When Clark is in a relationship or even just likes someone he broods, debates, stares longingly, hides his feelings, talks about his feelings...on and on and on. Since Lois is starting to become the object of his affection, then I do feel Clark's moods coming on. Hopefully this one will have a different ending.

Comment

Lana always made Clark feel guilty -- pretty deliberately. Lois doesn't do that. And she doesn't put their friendship on the line, even when he disappoints her.

Comment

I'd say S10 is guilty of this but not S8.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎