Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loved it? Hated it? What did you think of Death Takes A Holiday?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Loved the episode, it was so good.

I really liked the return of Tessa, and the appearance by Castiel. Too bad for Pamela though.

Next week's looks awesome!

Comment

I think they are formulating the big showdown now. I just don't see how everyone is making it seem like Sam will turn evil... He is using his power to zap demons out of humans. How is this going to lead to some evil? Makes no sense IMO. His powers save people.

Comment

CMC,

Have you ever heard the saying "The road to hell is paved with good intentions"? While Sam may be using his powers to help people now, it is taking him down a slippery slope. Instead of relying on his normal skills, he is taking the easy way out and not really considering what it could do to him down the road. Some of the best villains start out as good people and even heroic at times. That is why Sam reminds me of Anakin Skywalker right now. Anakin started out as a good guy and as a Jedi. However, down the road he became obsessed with power and eventually turned into Darth Vader. To me, that is the same road that Sam is heading down.

Comment

I liked this episode a lot more than I thought I was going to. I wasn't expecting a lot from it, as the show hasn't been doing much for me lately, but there were definitely many enjoyable parts. Plus, no Ruby! That alone gets it an 8.

Comment

Originally posted by vyperman7
            CMC,

Have you ever heard the saying "The road to hell is paved with good intentions"? While Sam may be using his powers to help people now, it is taking him down a slippery slope. Instead of relying on his normal skills, he is taking the easy way out and not really considering what it could do to him down the road. Some of the best villains start out as good people and even heroic at times. That is why Sam reminds me of Anakin Skywalker right now. Anakin started out as a good guy and as a Jedi. However, down the road he became obsessed with power and eventually turned into Darth Vader. To me, that is the same road that Sam is heading down.
            I really don't see it as the "easy way." I mean, he went through nearly months of training. You saw how affected he was by it at first. Yes, but Sam's intentions aren't like Anakin's. And what is there to "corrupt" Sam like love/jealousy corrupted Anakin? I just can't see something turning him on his brother. I also feel like Dean judges Sam way too harshly.

Comment

So, how awesome was DTAH? Such a rollercoaster of emotions! I laughed, I cried, I got seriously turned on (heh).

I loved the many pop culture references (and it's so Dean that he does that!), especially Mr. Miyagi and the kid having no clue who that was. Oh and did anyone else watch that scene of Dean with the windmill and have a flashback to "I full on Swayzed that mother"? Cause I sure did!

OK, back to the beginning. First, about wrenched my gut when Dean was all "whatever" about the case and then his line about "holding you back". I was all 'no, stop fighting!' And then they head out on the case and that stuff when they were talking to the guy about the miracles. (Also, sidebar: anyone wonder if Dean still has that handprint on his shoulder? Where Castiel "pulled him out of perdition"? I did. I think it would have been awesome to have Dean rub his shoulder there--mark or not--in that moment, actually. Ah well.)

Then Sam figuring out it's about Reapers and them calling Pamela, who I've never really decided if I like or not.

The scene in the cemetary. Loved seeing the boys back in the boneyard. And when Dean went flying I had a flashback to AHBL part 2, when Azazel sent him into a gravestone. Deja vu and/or nice contintuity (also the mentioning of Faith was a good touch too). And Sam not being affected by Alastair (very much not being affected by Lilith's "blast" in NRTFW) was a nice touch as was Sam's Telekinietic *****-slap of Alastair. (made me flashback to AHBL part 1--that seemed to happen a lot this ep, me flashing on other eps--to Ava talking about how once you give in your powers grow.)
              And when the black smoke left Alastair, at first I thought Sam had used his mojo, then I realized that the demon has willingly vacated the body.

The scene in the motel room when Sam lies to Dean? Bout broke my heart. Wanted to reach right through and scream at Sam to stop. lying. to. Dean. Especially when Dean had such sad eyes. (Also, Sam can't lie worth a damn.)

So back to where I was. OK. Tessa. I liked Tessa in IMTOD but not so much here. I'm not sure why. She seemed different. I did like that Dean finally remembered what happened. And yeah, that bit about the "hole" in his gut? Made me cringe but then to find out that Dean was so unhappy he wished he was dead? That ripped out my heart.

The Alastair/boys fight. Kinda anti-climactic. I did like that it took both of them to pull the chandelier down (teamwork!). Sam waking up and "pulling a Vader" and getting rid of the demon was kinda cool.
              Then Alastair (BTW, anyone else think Chris was playing with a little bit of a Hannibal Lector "eat your liver" accent there? Not cool.) being captured by Heaven and Castiel's appearance. And to find out that "angels of the Lord" pretended to Bobby? Dean's right, angels are dicks with wings.

Loved Dean just bursting to know what Pamela whispered to Sam (and Sam's expression was great acting by Jared!).

So yeah, an all around great episode (Supernatural is back! Whoo!).

Oh and Jared looked yummy in most of his scenes, I gotta say. Sam back in hoodies this year too is a very nice touch.

Comment

i'm in love.

Comment

Originally posted by Welling_is_pretty
                  Then Alastair (BTW, anyone else think Chris was playing with a little bit of a Hannibal Lector "eat your liver" accent there? Not cool.)
                  Not cool? It was awesome. He is totally channeling Mark Rolston and Anthony Hopkins. Chris is a phenomenal actor.

Comment

Chris is amazing. I love him on Sanctuary. But I hate it when actors try to 'do' other actors when playing a part. I just don't think that's cool. Unless it's a parody or something.

But that's just me. As the man once said, "whatever floats your boat, whatever stirs your coffee".

Comment

DEFO a 10 for me. Just seen it for the first time.

Great episode, best of the second half so far definately. Chris H is a LEGEND. FIrst saw him in Season 7 of Smallville as Zor-El and he is an amzing actor. Interesting events will lie ahead i'm sure as the season draws closer to an amazing finale.

Comment

This episode was good. I loved seeing that reaper back and Dean with that boy was nice.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎