Collapse
No announcement yet.

Confused about the paitings?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe so, but as of now Sylar no longer has that ability, as Seyee pointed out in post #6. I also remember reading an interview with a writer (or someone connected to writing/producing) that Sylar lost all his powers except his original power (knows how things work) and TK when he was given the Shanti virus. All the other powers he now has have been from after he injected himself with the anti-dote.

Comment

I really hope it's not Sylar, that would really ruin it for me. Unless they show him getting another power that is similar to Ted through someone else than that would be okay but I doubt it. It would go against everything they've been trying to fix and imply by saying it verbally when people asked direct questions to the writers about confusing topics. If they are going to make Sylar blow up things they might as well just suddenly bring out the Hiro will get his power back at random and same goes to Peter. Forget the rules lol.

Comment

But, when Matt was dreaming the future (or was that Peter in the future?) he had that power. But that was in the plot hole filled Villains.

Comment

YUP I mentioned about that too. And it was Both actually Matt dreamt that future and Peter went into that future practically the same time. It's probably a bad plot hole but you really can't confirm that Sylar didn't absorb another TED ability and Precog during all those time, especially when a lot of people have powers now. But having Present Peter saying to paint the future so random after he knew he lost his power well I'm assuming he knew because later when he fought Sylar he said he's weak now. It's just so hard to believe he would get two same powers, Ted ability and Precog so soon.

You know what I would like to see since that series was about Heroes becoming villians and villians becoming heroes. It would of been awesome having a Future Sylar somehow taking time maniuplation from Hiro or from someone who got that power synthetically and was the one who Shot Present Nathan, than having Future Scar Peter lol. I would of like that story arc and would of been very interesting, ONLY if he actually really turned good like in that future.
          Last edited by Seyee; 03-10-2009, 12:40 AM.

Comment

It was "present Peter" in the future who met up with future Sylar and future Sylar exploded. Yes, it was in the last volume, "Villians". But that future was changed when Peter destroyed Pinehurst. And there is still the interview in which it was stated that Sylar no longer has any of his old abilities except two of them

Comment

Maybe he got them from Peter, since Sylar was nice in that future, and Peter still had all of his powers. Sylar could have just taken them all through empathy.

And I didn't know Sylar lost all of his powers. Was that in one of the online web comics? And what's up with all of this power restarting? It's just annoying.

Comment

Not that I know of. Just what was stated in the interview. But then and again, writers take liberties all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by CompanyMan
                  It was "present Peter" in the future who met up with future Sylar and future Sylar exploded. Yes, it was in the last volume, "Villians". But that future was changed when Peter destroyed Pinehurst. And there is still the interview in which it was stated that Sylar no longer has any of his old abilities except two of them
                  Did they say why he kept tk?

Comment

I don't remember.

Comment

Was it ever made known that Sylar lost all of his powers on the show? Or was that something they said behind the scenes? Because I seriously don't remember him losing his powers.

Comment

Behind the scenes.

I'm trying to find the interview. Might take a while...

Comment

I know Sylar lost his powers because of the virus awhile back. But once he was cured from the virus shouldn't he had been able to use the powers he had before.

I mean powers don't really transfer to him like they do for Peter. He looks at the brain and learns how it works. So I don't think that he forgot how they worked especialy once he got his IA back. Maybee thats how he kept TK. I remember he had to strugle with it at first to get it to work.

Comment

This is straight from Heroes wiki.

"Some have wondered why all of Sylar's abilities except telekinesis were lost after he was infected with the Shanti virus. Writers Joe Pokaski and Aron Coleite said in a question and answer session that the telekinetic power remained because it is related to the guilt Sylar felt for killing Brian Davis. "Brian was Sylar's first kill and his power is connected to emotional empathy."

Its hard to believe the writers sometimes but since the show is mainly sticking with this case and haven't showed any other old abilities like freezing I think it's pretty final that Sylar lost most of his old abilities beside TK and his original power. The writers during those interview do make mistakes though like they first said Peter can only control one power at a time regardless how it seem but no matter how you look at it he can control more than one power a time during the show in several occasions.

P.S. If your interested in seeing all the other interview statements you can go to heroes wiki. Pick a character name and towards the bottom I think under Trivia they usually have things outside the show like facts about the character that we wouldn't know from the TV show. These trivia are supposedly accurate since most of them came from the writers themselves but it's weird how you might find a few not sticking with the tv show, probably because too many writers weren't on the same page when they did the episodes. OOPS its' actually under Notes which is above Trivia. But Trivia is also good to look at.
                            Last edited by Seyee; 03-10-2009, 01:05 AM.

Comment

I can't believe they did that behind the scenes. I mean if I didn't know, you can only wonder how many other people out there are just flat out confused.

And it doesn't make sense how he can lose his abilities like that. Because like targis said, they're something he learned, not something in his DNA or whatever. To lose all of those powers, he would have to lose his main ability.

Comment

Originally posted by Level5
                                I can't believe they did that behind the scenes. I mean if I didn't know, you can only wonder how many other people out there are just flat out confused.

And it doesn't make sense how he can lose his abilities like that. Because like targis said, they're something he learned, not something in his DNA or whatever. To lose all of those powers, he would have to lose his main ability.
                                Yeah.. well you gotta expect they had to explain it somewhere lol since they have a habit of missing out scenes or quickly speed things up, where the viewers wouldn't normally catch.

Actually I did thought that Sylar abilities and Peter too would still work even if something went wrong at first. I thought that Sylar learns the ability and Peter remembers the sensation of the user of an ability and I always thought Claire ability will still work under the Hatian power but I think it's pretty clear now.... That all the powers has to come from the brain at some point, and the eclipse, the hatian they all block the brain's core source of how the power works. So even if Peter, Sylar powers were like learning and feeling it all comes down to the brain being able to produce that power. Well if you look at Sylar it looks like he learns the power but then changes his chemistry so he's no different from a normal person with an ability. So he shouldn't be able to use his powers if there is a shanti virus or eclipse or the hatian.

Although both Claire and Peter were immune to the shanti virus due to cellular regeneration so it doesnt' take away their ability/abilities.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎