No announcement yet.

why didn't Cameron kill Rilley??

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rays523
    I.E. If Riley had said something like I am going to call social services on you, Cameron could have classified her as a threat to John and killed her.
    At the time I imagined that with her biometric monitoring skills she has sort of lie-detector abilities too and realised that Riley could be speaking the truth when she answered "No" when Cameron asked Riley "Are you a complainer"?

If Cameron truly had perceived Riley to be a threat, I don't think any glitch would have stopped her from killing Riley. Why? Because if she's unable to respond to clear threats to John then she has outlived her usefulness and then she might as well tell John that he should use that detonator right away.

Then Cameron didn't know what to do because she couldn't murder Riley for simply being "unreliable", if Riley has to die simply for being unreliable, Cameron should go too, because her damage makes herself reliable.

So I think that part of her indecisiveness came about because she really couldn't kill Riley for reasons that applied just as well to herself/itself.
    Last edited by agent_green; 03-10-2009, 10:52 AM. Reason: afterthoughts

Comment

Originally posted by agent_green
      If Cameron truly had perceived Riley to be a threat, I don't think any glitch would have stopped her from killing Riley. Why? Because if she's unable to respond to clear threats to John then she has outlived her usefulness and then she might as well tell John that he should use that detonator right away.

Then Cameron didn't know what to do because she couldn't murder Riley for simply being "unreliable", if Riley has to die simply for being unreliable, Cameron should go too, because her damage makes herself reliable.

So I think that part of her indecisiveness came about because she really couldn't kill Riley for reasons that applied just as well to herself/itself.
      I agree they are both behaving unreliably in a sense, but I'm 'plenty' sure that Cameron truly believes Riley is a threat( direct or indirect). Remember she said the Connors don't always approve of her methods. Left to Cameron, she may have terminated Riley a while back. It's John and her loyalty to him that holds her back. John has made it clear to Cameron in more ways than one that he does not want to see Riley dead. Cameron even admits to Riley that John isn't seeing things the way she is. But Cameron is also an 'interrogator bot' she will ask you questions(by any means) if she wants information.

Riley being unreliable is human, Cameron being so is not normal. The Glitch is making an otherwise simple instruction to listen to john difficult to execute. She admits to John she killed the bird, she also tells John killing a threat like Riley was really never a decision. John tells her it is now, and not her decision 'in this case'. And he even asks her what is wrong with her. This actually compounds her conflicts; so now John when is right for me Cameron to eliminate perceived threats or fall back to your wisdom( human indecisiveness).

John refuses Cameron's tasty sandwich( LOL), tells her she is not functioning properly, questions her trust worthiness in not killing Riley.. So what does Cameron do. She realizes she is probably becoming a threat to John herself. She cannot throttle herself, so she gives John a kill switch. That is a big deal for her. John can kill her today, tomorrow or next season that is really up to John. Unreliable is just one of Riley's faults, but I doubt she will give anyone a 'kill switch'. But keep in mind that Riley decides to solve all her problems by going back and eliminating the main source, Jesse. Riley took control. Cameron decides her solution is to eliminate herself, since she is the source.

The million dollar question is what will John do, to flip the switch or not to, separates John Baum from John Connor(the legendary leader).

Comment

Originally posted by Coragin

So, my thoery is the glitch, is making her more human, with more emotions than she should have had to begin with and allowing her to learn these feelings and emotions and react to them. Although, she is still learning how to react to them in the right and wrong way.

Thoughts?
        I dont like that story about glitch of Cameron's chip .. There were several explosions and the chip was never demaged :/ .. So if your theory (I think the same) is wrong I will be mad
        Anyway, if the demaged hand was a fault of the chip, how could they repair it with screwdriver!?? It's like repairing software by repairing hardware..

Edit: Or there is a an option that there was nothing wrong with her hand, she could do something to mechanism and than ask John to help her to repair it.. She could test him

Comment

Working...
        X
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎