Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cancelled!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

That must be awful to be the Star and not know anything more than the Fans about the fate of your own show.

Was Justin a nice guy? Did you get a pic or Autograph? Was his wife there?

Comment

Always find this funny when one of my fav shows get cancelled the show they try to replace it with tanks bad happend with knight rider chopping block got chopped after 3 episodes

Comment

A shame if you ask me....

While I am not terribly surprised by this, I am saddened that this show isn't being given a real chance. I think that as the season went along, the show was getting closer to finding it's "voice" (as someone else commented), but sadly, I also agree that once the show went away for its 'retooling', I don't think the critics came back to see how the new formula worked.

It's really too bad when 'reality shows' are seen as something that we should have, as opposed to produced shows that actually entertain us. And while I do like Jay Leno, do we really need to have him on 5 nights a week just before the Tonight Show comes on? It's gonna be like "The Tonight Show", and then "The Tonight Show part II" every night.

I just don't see this working out very well, and will actually leave a bad Jay Leno impression for everyone. So sad.

Comment

Read this article today and found this excerpt:

On Monday, Silverman said "Life," starring Damian Lewis, has been canceled. Also gone forever are "Lipstick Jungle," "Kath & Kim," "Knight Rider," "Kings," "My Own Worst Enemy" and "Crusoe."

Sorry everyone - I was hoping that they would give it a second season. To me it started to come into its own toward the end (similar to the original series style).

Comment

and speaking of Fox, So far Fox has not said whether Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles will be back...if Terminator is not brought back for a 3rd season than it lasted longer than Knight Rider did..Personally I did like the new Knight Rider...what I didn't like was the fact that Sarah and Mike were constantly in bed with each other or Mike was in bed with someone else...they should have had David Hasselhoff come back to boost ratings and maybe try to bring it back to what Knight Rider was all about....One man and one Car, making a difference. Oh well, for those of us who write and read fan fiction Knight Rider will always live on there!

----- Added 2 Minutes later -----

and skip in that article it was also said that no NBC rep would comment on KITT's rumored garaging...We'll have to wait and see if NBC will broadcast it on their website like they are with the original Knight Rider
            Last edited by kilroy107; 05-05-2009, 06:32 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

wonder if we'll get any commentaries on any of the episodes when it comes out on DVD. by the way, both the original Knight Rider and the new Knight Rider are available to watch on NBC.com and they will probably yank the new one when it's released on DVD...

Comment

I will miss Knight Rider but we have four months until the series is released to DVD..

Comment

Having gone through all the work of building a replica KITT from the original third season of Knight Rider, I was very skeptical of this new series. Like others that have posted here, I had read about Glen Larson working on a Knight Rider feature film. I also heard it mentioned (now this is taken from other Knight Rider Forums, and KR Replica boards) that the new KR series was NBC's way of trying to get Glen Larson to back off his film project. I don't quite understand the logic behind that as there have been numerous cases in the past of there being a series on the air, and there also being a movie made in regards to the same material.

I don't know, I did not get into all the particulars, but I have not heard anything more about Glen Larson's film project. Although with the auto industry in dutch thanks to the failed attempt by the government to run it, I don't know when/if we'll see more about it.

At any rate, I suppose the writers were doing the best they could. It was never clear to me who Michael Tracer's mother, Jennifer, was. I always guessed it was Jennifer Knight from TOS, but again that just guessing.

To me the show was just an outright advertisement for Ford, nothing wrong with that, marketing is subjective by nature. I never got the car transforming part of the show, other than to serve as means of advertising other vehicles in Ford's line up.

Anyway, the old saying goes that you can please some of the people some of the time, but never all the people all of the time. And so it goes!

Comment

agreed Moviefan2k4 in regards to Reality TV. Who came up with that crap? I thought the whole Idea for TV was to escape reality even for an hour, not see someone else live life in a reality show. I like my Knight Rider, Terminator and V. Oh and regards to Terminator: Fox you suck!!! NBC you do too...Whatcha gonna dump next? Heroes?

Comment

My brothers and I really thought the show got better on those last 5 episodes. It was more like the old show. Comparing the overall run of this Knight Rider, the 2008 movie and the last 5 episodes were its best. Wished the whole season was more like that. I think the show went too far ahead on the notion of this large cast and group being apart of the "team". It should've just stayed small and have Sarah and her father running things while Billy, Zoe, Mike and KITT do the real work. It was too much with Torres and the FBI agent, huge extra staff of being there. I really liked the humor though. It kept the show funny with the dialog.

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎