No announcement yet.

Peter is badass

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peter is badass

Peter has really learned to make the most of his flight power. He seems to be thinking more then when he had a lot of other powers.

Its good right now for the kind of enemy he is fight but if he came up against Sylar he would be totally messed up. Right now though he is getting a harder edge to his character.

Cant wiat till he gets his original power back

He has it back... doesnt he? But 2 episodes ago he mentioned something that only 1 works at a time.

At first I thought they would have him only able to use the last one he absorbed... but then he keeps flying after he took several powers aboard the plane...

I wish they would explain it better

Comment

Originally posted by gameface25
      He has it back... doesnt he? But 2 episodes ago he mentioned something that only 1 works at a time.

At first I thought they would have him only able to use the last one he absorbed... but then he keeps flying after he took several powers aboard the plane...

He took flight from nathan when they captured Tracy.

Lost his previous power when he did that. He still can only have one.

Comment

Originally posted by gameface25

He can only use the last power he absosrbed. Follow this progression: Took flight from Nathan when Pinehurst was burning down. Then, on plane, took strength from Mohinder, lost flight, during fight accidentally took freezing from Tracy, lost strength and caused plane to crash, during they're setup for Nathan, when Tracy was captured, he grabbed Nathan and took flight again, loosing freezing power. Make sense?

Comment

Has anyone considered that Peter would take Sylar's power if he touched him?

Comment

If Peter continues down this path, he'll never get his original power back. Mostly, because he'll lose what made it work--his empathy.

And I can not approve of what Peter did to the hunter, I mean, that was just bad. The hunter was just doing what he's been told to do, and Peter puts all the blame on him, come on! It's all mostly Nathan's fault; killing the hunter won't make this stop, it will make it worse. And what's really sad, is Peter was actually willing to shoot that poor guy.

Comment

peterrr is so bad ass after this episode he's back to being my favorite character again

Comment

Originally posted by Level5
                If Peter continues down this path, he'll never get his original power back. Mostly, because he'll lose what made it work--his empathy.

And I can not approve of what Peter did to the hunter, I mean, that was just bad. The hunter was just doing what he's been told to do, and Peter puts all the blame on him, come on! It's all mostly Nathan's fault; killing the hunter won't make this stop, it will make it worse. And what's really sad, is Peter was actually willing to shoot that poor guy.

the alternative is that peter is a wimp again, and is captured and incacerated.

The hunter is not a "poor guy"...he is leading this operation now. Nathan is losing control...we can see that happening.

Noah lost control (proper control) a while back, and now we know that he may have an agenda of his own

The hunter is the main guy, he hates supers with a passion and believes in capturing and better still, killing them.

He WANTED peter to shoot him, because that means that orders to kill supers on sight would be sent out.

Peter still has empathy, though at the moment, on the run, you think he has time to show it? He still cares, or he wouldnt be trying to save matt, stop matt and mohinder from fighting etc

Poor mohinder though...I genuinely believe he thought HRG was lying. again though, we dont know...this is more character depth.

Seriously though, Peter...he's actually becoming future peter, we can see it! The use of grenades without killing (well...the first grenade was a flashbang, what was the second? another flash bang i think) etc is ace, he's thinking on his feet and the hunters are just like..."Wait...what?"

haha

Comment

Originally posted by Fawbish
                  The hunter is the main guy, he hates supers with a passion and believes in capturing and better still, killing them.
                  And this gives Peter means to kill him? Peter shouldn't stoop to his level. Doing so means Peter is just as bad as the hunter.

I do like that they're making Peter smarter. I've always said they make him seem to dumb to save his life. It's good to see Peter fighting back, but I still wouldn't want to see Peter murder the hunter.

Comment

He wanted to, but I really dont think peter would have gone through with it.

He only shot him in the arm, its only a flesh wound.

He wanted to hurt him because of what he's doing, but I think he knew on some level that if he killed him, he's be signing everyones death warrants. He was all pumped up because Matt is heading down a dark path, and mohinder is still morally "green" if a little guilty and confused.

He's the inbetween guy again I think, wants to do good, but has darkness pulling at his character.

Truly learning what it means to be a "hero" as opposed to just a "super", its awesome

Comment

Maybe, but it seems like if Nathan didn't talk him out of it, then he might have done it. I hope not though, but who really knows.

Comment

Part of the appeal of this show is that we dont really know for sure.

I cant think of many characters that are "predictable" anymore...except perhaps claire.

Maybe Hiro.

I cant think of many shows that have made so many characters believably middle ground, so that we dont know what direction they would swing. Great stuff, I think.

Im not entirely happy with the show, but its great entertainment for what it is, and I very much doubt many of us could do much better.

You dont read a book, so that you can read exactly what you want to read...how boring would that be?

Same with Heroes. Gotta let it develop. Peter is developing well, I like it. Sylar too. Matt is developing in a strange direction for his character, and whilst a little bumpy, i feel theyve even done that quite well.

I can see someone being grief stricken yet holding it in acting exactly like he did in this episode. thoughts?

Comment

I do like that the show can be unpredictable, but only to some extent. I don't like that they haven't actually told us what's going on with Peter, and some of the other stuff; I just feel lost.

Originally posted by Fawbish
                          Im not entirely happy with the show, but its great entertainment for what it is, and I very much doubt many of us could do much better.
                          It is good entertainment, and I still like Heroes; it's still my favorite TV show. But I'm not going to lie to myself either, and tell myself that an episode was awesome when it wasn't, and just go along with every little inconsistence the writers throw at us. Because, I catch little things like that. I like being able to watch this show and not see a bunch of stuff that I can clearly see is fake, or looks really fake. Like the flying scenes in this episode looked fake, and that kinda got me started on the whole what's physically possible bit. Like Nathan shouldn't be able to fly really fast, something like 100-200mph is fine, but supersonic is just too fast. So other then plot holes and inconsistencies this show is great.

And we probably couldn't do much better, but then again, we're not writers--or, at least, I'm not.

I'm just saying I would hate to see them turn Peter into a bad guy. That would totally kill his character. That's like making Sylar a good guy, and we all know how that worked out. So I say they should keep him on the heroes side.

Comment

Agreed about peter, though I really believe Sylars good guy thing was brilliant, added so much depth to his character.

Its nice to know he doesnt just kill because he wants to, yet can also kill and feel no remorse.

Whereas peter, in my eyes, can evolve character and become the guy that can make tough choices, yet would save anyone that truly deserved it.

Like what i said about a real "hero". Superman saves everyone, he doesnt need to know if theyre evil or not, and he wouldnt ever kill Lex Luthor.

Not comparing peter to clark kent, but Peter, i think, can truly pop over into dark territory. Yet still keep saving people.

Thats what I like about this show, its about "ordinary people with extraordinary abilities".

they arent super heroes, theyre hero's with super powers. I /think/ I know what I mean. ish.

I can forgive plotholes occasionally, but it would be nice (not necessary for me personally, but i see where youre coming from) if they explained certain things. Its just a bit of a flaw of heroes, and it wouldnt be heroes without it, eh.

Comment

Originally posted by Level5
                              And this gives Peter means to kill him? Peter shouldn't stoop to his level. Doing so means Peter is just as bad as the hunter.

I do like that they're making Peter smarter. I've always said they make him seem to dumb to save his life. It's good to see Peter fighting back, but I still wouldn't want to see Peter murder the hunter.
                              Peter isn't superman. He doesnt have the 'no kill under any circumstance' mentality. In EVERY future we have seen peter has become a killer and a warrior on some level. So this shouldn't be surprising.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎