Collapse
No announcement yet.

She's Alive!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm bashing the show? I'm stating the obvious. If this show is going to continue to get more and more unrealistic, then it is doomed to fail.

Comment

Originally posted by Level5
      Your right none of this is real, but her power is so fake in fact, that nobody should except it.

Most of the powers on this show, at least, make some sense. but Daphne would need other powers to make hers work. she would need a special suit, something that wouldn't catch fire from the friction. And she would need super strength to take the force of moving that fast. And she would need to have super fast eye sight, and the ability to make really fast decisions.
      Just a thought, same goes with Nathan flying at intense speed could hurt him but I believe were suppose to assume that some powers that you would think normally hurt the User, wouldn't because that power gives them immunity of having that power hurting them. But the writers haven't done a great job implying this too much or explaining it, and what's worse is I always assume that it was true, and that is why Peter is technically one of the strongest or so his Mom said. He used to have the ability to absorb peoples' powers and so if you have the same power as them you can't really get hurt by it as he should normally i.e. Matt vs Peter trying to mind control him, I believe Ted radiation is suppose to be one but the writers did a bad job on that. So I'm guessing superspeed even though she would need all the other stuff to technically be safe from her power, same goes with Nathan, the writers want us to assume their own power can't hurt themselves.

#edit to the recent response: Lol it's not bashing he's just a fan just like us, but just like he said the show ratings dropped after season 1, you wanna know why? People are getting confused and bored of what the writers are doing with season 2/3 to the point where they don't even know why they really watching it, as in they are being let down. I'm guessing Level 5 and probably others like him and I'm sorta with him on this are still watching this hoping they will turn around and make things better and less confusing. But lately it hasn't showed.
      Last edited by Seyee; 02-24-2009, 01:17 AM.

Comment

when one writes fiction knows there are no layers of realism because fiction is simply fiction. One should watch this show for the story and the entertainment and so far it's 3 seasons of pure unrealistic fiction has successfully captivated viewers. When engaging in science fiction, we maintain our enjoyment by using what we call suspended belief and one who is choleric to insignificant details should probably refrain from watching this show. Don't be fooled by the show's sophisticated take because underneath it's still a fiction based on superpowers and essentially comic books.

Comment

This show is different from other shows, because it brings this all down to a believable level. And I know it's all fiction, but the illusion that they create that it's real is what I like about the show. Like evolution; people evolving, that's what gave them these powers. So, if they want to go off into the impossible, then they should change the base plot from evolved humans to aliens from some other world.

Because humans are governed my physics, they aren't gods, so matter how powerful they're.

Comment

Originally posted by j-kent
            when one writes fiction knows there are no layers of realism because fiction is simply fiction. One should watch this show for the story and the entertainment and so far it's 3 seasons of pure unrealistic fiction has successfully captivated viewers. When engaging in science fiction, we maintain our enjoyment by using what we call suspended belief and one who is choleric to insignificant details should probably refrain from watching this show. Don't be fooled by the show's sophisticated take because underneath it's still a fiction based on superpowers and essentially comic books.
            Yup no agrument there. It's just that a lot of the fans probably the reason why the ratings drastically went down was because they way the kept changing the powers limitations, making it confusing i.e Hiro's power, and I think it's safe to say that most of the viewers are not children and are very older and fans of tv heroes/superheroes shows so these people like how realistically the writers can the abilities as real as possible in the sense of, "this is what you should expect if this ability was real based on some common knowledge of science." Which is precisely why they killed Maya's power lol it was so random and there was no science to it, they really never even gave it a name beside I kill the people around me because I emitt black thingies from my eyes.

EDIT!!!!: OMFG Level 5 are you stalking my typing?? you pretty much say the same thing I'm saying but in shorter.

Comment

Maya's power was believable on some level. I mean, when a person dies they can become very toxic to other humans. So lets just say she emits some kinda of disease from herself.

Seyee I don't think I am, we might just be thinking alike.

What does it all for me is when they go breaking the rules of physics. I can believe Daphne's power can make her run fast, but for that to work, she has to have the ability to take a large amount of force. Which she doesn't, or, at least the writers haven't told us she does. But even if she does, that doesn't explain why she can carry people.
              Last edited by Level5; 02-24-2009, 01:40 AM.

Comment

Eh were thinking too much alike in like ever post to the point where it's scary. Everything I mentioned you mentioned it as well. Hrmm yeah I know what you mean that her power is believable at a certain extent but not a very good one :/... since the writers or the casts never ever went into it. It almost sound like it's just an ability they made out of thin air, but I wonder if she'll be back anytime soon she is a "Main Cast" -_- yet she only had like 2 episodes the whole season, especially now that she's powerless.
                Oh well sort of glad that she's out of the picture now, one less thing we have to worry about the writers wasting time on.

Comment

Yeah, it takes forever for me to post, because my Internet is down and I'm on Dial-Up.

But, yeah I don't like it when they throw random powers at us, without explaining on some level of how they work. Like Peter's new power, we know nothing about it. All we know is what we think it is, but is it what we think it is? I don't know.

Comment

Going on topic: during the flashback scenes of HRG seeing Daphne... Did HRG injected more sedatives, and saying that she'll need more because well not sure why but she's similar to The Flash on Smallville where that kid eats a mountain because he burns all the calories. Well I know he injected more, but was that because HRG was familiar with the power and that her body accelerates quickly and burns a lot of things ingested quickly in similar with the Flash? I'm confused whether it's that, or they just wanted to show that HRG knows medical stuff, or something else. Sort of dazed off towards the ending of the episode been a long day lol.

Comment

There's another reason why this ability should just go. It world burn through energy way to fast. She would have to eat like every minute just to stay alive. But I'm welling to put that fact aside, because her ability might have something to do with that.

Smallville is a lot different than Heroes. Smallville involves aliens, and Heroes doesn't. So, Heroes needs to keep it has real as possible, simply because they're saying that this is evolution. Which means, this is less science fiction than Smallville, and more real. So, you can't compare this to Smallville.

And yes, he did say that Daphne would need more drugs to keep her down.
                      Last edited by Level5; 02-24-2009, 02:24 AM.

Comment

Ah yes so in terms it's very similar to the Flash and just to you know The Flash is all human xD. But Heroes and Smallville are different in terms of how powers emerged, one focuses on evolution and the other focuses on supernatural events or kryptonite. The writers in heroes were doing a good job in the earlier seasons but then went down fall form there in terms of realistic the powers can get. But The Flash is from DC comics and is nothing alien-like they tried to make his power as real as they could but also have to remember that it was back long ago when they made the character The Flash so not everything is updated to be realistic as it should be, but what they did do is imply that The Flash needs to eat a lot because he burns soo much calories.

Comment

Originally posted by Level5
                          There's another reason why this ability should just go. It world burn through energy way to fast. She would have to eat like every minute just to stay alive. But I'm welling to put that fact aside, because her ability might have something to do with that.

Smallville is a lot different than Heroes. Smallville involves aliens, and Heroes doesn't. So, Heroes needs to keep it has real as possible, simply because they're saying that this is evaluation. Which means, this is less science fiction than Smallville, and more real. So, you can't compare this to Smallville.

And yes, he did say that Daphne would need more drugs to keep her down.
                          I have to disagree with you that Daphne's ability should go because it is to unbelievable. If you say that Daphne's ability is to unbelivable they are all just as unbelievable as Daphne's.

Even considering Clark is from krypton he still wears Jeans and clothes no different from Daphne. I don't think Clark is Friction imune anyway. or his jeans wouldn't be anyway. so if he ran like he doe's he would have holes in them. the same goes for Bart on SM.

I think you have to just blindly accept how super powers work and it can't really be scientificly proven because it is fiction.
                          Last edited by targis; 02-24-2009, 03:31 AM.

Comment

I'll say it again, you can't compare this show to Smallville. For one, smallville is about aliens, and all things are possible with aliens. Heroes is supposed to bring the whole powers thing down to a believable level, or at least that's what I thought it was doing.

Heroes is less science fiction and more real, in respects to evolution. Which, many people believe in. I can't say that I actually do, but putting that aside, I can believe some of the stuff in this show. and the illusion that they created in the first season was just awesome.

I still don't believe any of this, I know it is fake and will never actually happen. But it's how real this show can make this seem that amazes me. And that's what I liked about this show, that it was on some level actually believable--still don't actually think it is, though. Just the illusion was enough to amaze me, and leave me wanting more.

Because to me that's what a good show is. A show that can pull you, and make you lose track of reality, because they make it seem so real. A show that can leave you wanting more, because it was just so amazing. I know you probably can't believe I'm talking about Heroes, but I am. That's what I thought about season one most of the time. Sure it had its weak points, but it always came back.

If all I wanted was to hear a good story, then I would read a book.

Comment

targis that's what i've been trying to say- thanks haha...sometimes an astringent analyst is not the way to go for watching a science fiction show..

Level5- I'd also disagree that they are trying to make things more believable...I think that's subjective and the whole evolution argument isn't as sound as you think it is. Sure, they give you a purely elementary reason to why there exists these mutations...but they in no way try to completely explain their powers under fundamental laws of physics or biology...that's just silly. I think you're just getting confused with the mature tone it sets and certainly over complicating matters.

But look, there is no rule book to say how real or possible a superpower is...that's so silly...you can't make one super ability more real than another- when you get down to it's all fiction and we enjoy it because it invigorates the imagination AND...get this- is fun because it is unbound by the real-world and logic. There's really no more one can say to this because the idea to be simple is simple in itself! I say give up the overanalyzing and let the inner-child in! but I see sometimes you can't take away the hammer from the person beating the dead horse cuz he's holdin on to it too tightly...

but anyways just to completely change direction here it is noted in the comics that Clark and the Flash, as well, fair against air friction because of an aura that is millimeters/centimeters surrounding them. This is an explanation most notably for Flash who is human and vulnerable to such physicality. This is also a nice light reasonable explanation to why their clothing is generally intact under those harsh conditions.

Comment

I'm not saying that any of this can be proved in any science. I'm saying it's how REAL they make it seem. Right now, with Daphne's power there is just no way they can make it seem real. Controlling stuff with the mind is more real than Daphne's power, so is super strength. Because, at least, they wont rip you apart.

I don't want any of this to be real. I'm just saying they should, at least, try to make it seem real. Because that's what pulls people in and gets them excited about the show.

----- Added 1 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by j-kent
                                but anyways just to completely change direction here it is noted in the comics that Clark and the Flash, as well, fair against air friction because of an aura that is millimeters/centimeters surrounding them. This is an explanation most notably for Flash who is human and vulnerable to such physicality. This is also a nice light reasonable explanation to why their clothing is generally intact under those harsh conditions.
                                Alright, if that is true I'm all for it, but there was know way of knowing that, because the writers didn't explain it. Seems like that's the plot of the show know, though.

But doesn't explain why they can carry other people with them at that speed.
                                Last edited by Level5; 02-24-2009, 03:31 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎