Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Peter get super strength when he flew with matt?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

They could of spent more time on Peter in the last episode, or even this one. So it's their fault the fans didn't know Peter can control his power. They should spend more time on the powers, and explaining what Peter's actually is.

Like in season one, they spent a lot of time explaining Peter's power, but in this season we have no clue what he has. And to top it off, they aren't telling us.

Comment

Iono it's great that they don't have to explain every details and give the viewers credit on finding out things and assuming things that are commonly assume, but they should really cut down on speeding things up without giving it a dialogue or scene. It would be nice for the writers to dedicate Peter working on his control for his power like in season 1 with Invisible guy rather than spending a whole episode of Hiro traveling to India for prettttttty much nothing -_- and I say that because it's practically true. Personally I would be more interested seeing peter development or someone's development over their power than explanations about the past unless it's about Sylar glass injury by Claire lol.

I'm sure a lot of people are pissed off about Peter new power and Hiro's powerless, which make sense why it's important for the viewers to actually understand more about this especially in a time where the writers say that the hits for season 3 isn't as great as season 1. No one really wants to see Hiro traveling to india just for him to say those lame lines in the 2nd episode -_-. Since were already pissed off with Peter's new power and it's limitation, the writers should consider explaining that more like they never even mention that it is a skin-skin touch power absorption, all we know is that in the episode where the plane crashes(2-3 days off from what Peter has now suddenly have complete control over his power). Having a total change over for Peter after 2.5 years is something unexpected so it's understandable why a lot of people having a hard time grasping this new power and how he suddenly has control over it in 2 days especially when most of the time he's running away from guards, so it doesn't seem like he has time to have control over power. Are we suppose to assume within the 2-3 days he asked Mohinder and Matt for permission to absorb their ability by touching them, so he could master/ gain control of his ability? The writers give us too much credit on assuming some things, Peter's power was one of the biggest thing on the show they shouldn't make it so were suppose to assume such things. Although I do admit some scenes they take out and make us assume are usually good, but not explaining Peter's power is probably not a good idea.

#edit towards Level 5: Lol I posted this before you posted, so weird how we think alike are you like my lost twin brother or something haha.

Comment

Originally posted by weemanwise
        Apparently he is gaining more control over his power, that or a continuity error.
        Peter needs skin contact, but when he touched Nathan when HRG had a gun pointed at his head right before they captured tracy he didn't take Nathans power until he wanted to.

I think he can control when he takes it, the problem on the plane was either inexperienced or the drug they had him on still had him fogged out.

Comment

ok how about he took matts power, and used it to project an image in everyones head that they flew away? Does this satisfy anyone, lol

Comment

^. That would also explain how he was apparently able to lift Matt without killing himself. lol

----- Added 5 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by Seyee
            Peter and Nathan both showed capabilities of carrying someone with them probably the flight power helps them take the weight off or something. Only time Nathan failed carrying someone was the first episode of season 1 where his power were he was still grasping how to use his flight power.
            Although I seem to recall a scene after Nathan and Matt landed back in whatever season, Nathan's back was hurting. lol I think that scene was meant to address this issue, that it does in fact put more strain on the "flyer". If it didn't, he should be able to lift cars or trucks with him or move the moon like Superman can if he wanted to. heh
            Last edited by Xanderman; 02-24-2009, 11:26 AM.

Comment

Yeah, true, totally forgot about it. I was looking at other examples like when Nathan carries Peter, and Peter carries Invisible man in season 1 with ease, as in they didn't show them struggling carrying the two of them. I'm thinking there wasn't a huge difference between weight between Matt and Invisibleman. But now that you mention the fly scene with Matt + Nathan flight trip to see that one lady that knows where the virus was being held in season 2, I think you also should consider that it was fatigue, rather than not pulling his strength up to it. Nathan flew from NY to a few states apart traveling with Matt on his back.

So as long as he is holding tight to the object he can actually take it along with him in the flight because the power of flight seems to be related with propelling the speed from his feet and controlling which way he wants to fly towards to at supersonic speed/strength. This would also mean he could probably take a car and fly with it as long as he has a grip hold of it, but fatigue factors in and he'll get tired of holding the car tightly. Another thing we should factor in, is the way that Nathan was holding Matt when they were flying, he put him on the back (strain on his back cuz of gravity from Earth), rather than how he usually flies with people such as hug flying. Hug flying allows less strain since he doesn't have to fight with gravity due to his power. But in defense in similar of Peter, he easily lifted Invisible man but "back carry" showing no sign of fatigue but that could be because he didn't fly for too long like Nathan.

Comment

Working...
              X
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎