Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Peter get super strength when he flew with matt?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did Peter get super strength when he flew with matt?

I understand the whole super speed flight momentum thing, but matt's a big dude.

Nah not super strength. Unless your being sarcastic :P saying that Matt's overweight and all. But to answer your question, Peter and Nathan both showed capabilities of carrying someone with them probably the flight power helps them take the weight off or something. Only time Nathan failed carrying someone was the first episode of season 1 where his power were he was still grasping how to use his flight power.

Comment

Haha well maybe he took a little super strength from Mo.

Comment

You're hurting Matt's feelings =)

Comment

Peter would not be able to hang on to Matt, there is just no way. And yes, I know, they did it in season one, when Nathan flew with Matt, but I was really hoping that would never come up again.

And the whole flying scenes, they just look fake. I mean, that crazy poof of smoke that comes off of them, what's that all about? They're not jet engines, are they?

They really need to bring these powers back down to earth a little bit, yes it is all fiction, but they should, at least, make them seem and look real.

Comment

Shouldn't have Peter taken Matt's power as soon as he touched him?

Comment

Apparently he is gaining more control over his power, that or a continuity error.

Comment

Originally posted by topo21
                Shouldn't have Peter taken Matt's power as soon as he touched him?
                Well you would think so, but apparently the writers can do whatever they want, no matter how stupid it looks.

Comment

Peter needs skin contact to absorb abilities now. As long as he never touched Matt's skin, he wouldn't have lost his ability to fly.

Comment

Right, but you can't tell me that him scooping out of the sky and grabbing Matt that he didn't touch any of his skin.

I'm able to believe that he somehow has more control over his ability now, though. And is now able to choose whether he absorbs their ability or not.

Comment

he's not freakin Rogue man obviously he now can take it at his own will when in physical contact with someone...we don't need them breaking it down on a whiteboard every episode to figure the lil stuff out like this
                      Last edited by j-kent; 02-23-2009, 11:59 PM.

Comment

Yeah, but did we know that? The fact that we didn't is a plot hole.

Comment

Originally posted by Level5
                          Yeah, but did we know that? The fact that we didn't is a plot hole.
                          plot hole?..it's merely an obvious observation that we can all conclude and move on to watch this quality episode

Comment

Obvious how so? the last time we saw Peter he couldn't control his ability. How are we to assume that he can now?

Comment

it simply is...it's just that you can't realize it is and leave minor details to off screen time...it's a simple matter of his own will and is not dictated by a certain amount of time. we have a very limited one hour and for most viewers want to see a progressing plot and not to diddle around the details of progressing powers and abilities...when Peter came into contact with Matt without losing his flight- then it is SIMPLY the epiphany- the moment- that you should say "ah, he's finally learn how to control it". Pulling out the plot-hole card(when it isn't even necessary drive the plot) is just another nit-pick.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎