No announcement yet.

Sylar/Luke = Magneto/Pyro?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sylar/Luke = Magneto/Pyro?

Ever since the show paired Sylar and the kid I've been getting Magneto/Pyro vibes. Anybody else? Wouldn't be the first time this show has felt like X-men or been similar to it.

Also, people have made comparisons to aspects of Star Wars on Heroes in the past, is it a coincidence that the kid's name is Luke? (as in Luke Skywalker?) I'm not sure if there's anything actually there besides coincidence though. But the X-men similarity seems strong to me, especially given Luke sort of has a "fire" ability like Pyro did (Luke can similarly heat things up with his "microwave emission" power).

Sylar: What's your name?
    Luke: Luke.
    Sylar: What's your real name, Luke?
    Luke: ...Micro.
    Sylar: Quite a talent you have there, Micro. And quite a lame name, too. Seriously dude, "Micro"?
    Micro: I can only manipulate microwave radiation... I can't create it. No wait I can. Sorry I forgot.
    Sylar: You are a god among insects. Never let anyone tell you different. Now heat me up this tv dinner, micro brain, I'm hungry.
    Last edited by Xanderman; 02-20-2009, 02:01 AM.

i see a palpatine/vader relationship, maybe a kenobi/luke one.

sylar is probably going to end up showing this guy the ropes and in the end regret it.

Comment

I gotta feeling the kid will betray Sylar and then be killed by an agent.

Comment

Originally posted by Xanderman
        Ever since the show paired Sylar and the kid I've been getting Magneto/Pyro vibes. Anybody else? Wouldn't be the first time this show has felt like X-men or been similar to it.

Also, people have made comparisons to aspects of Star Wars on Heroes in the past, is it a coincidence that the kid's name is Luke? (as in Luke Skywalker?) I'm not sure if there's anything actually there besides coincidence though. But the X-men similarity seems strong to me, especially given Luke sort of has a "fire" ability like Pyro did (Luke can similarly heat things up with his "microwave emission" power).

Sylar: What's your name?
        Luke: Luke.
        Sylar: What's your real name, Luke?
        Luke: ...Micro.
        Sylar: Quite a talent you have there, Micro. And quite a lame name, too. Seriously dude, "Micro"?
        Micro: I can only manipulate microwave radiation... I can't create it. No wait I can. Sorry I forgot.
        Sylar: You are a god among insects. Never let anyone tell you different. Now heat me up this tv dinner, micro brain, I'm hungry.
        Lol I just recently rewatched XMEN2 so I definitely know what your talking about and it does seem like that. It's weird how Magneto = Sylar since well sylar could move metal like Magneto and how Luke = Pyro in so many ways beside power like his attitude. But when Magneto said something about insects erh god among insect wtf was that about? lol I wouldn't want to be compared with an insect. Anyway I just hope they dont kill luke so fast like all the new heroes, I'm getting vibes that daphne is just going to die soon if she hasn't yet because she's not a main character. Getting really tired of killing any chracter that's not a main character, to think they made Maya a main character just to see her in this season to lose her power to Arthur and never be seen again. Terrible they should of killed her off way way long ago and make Daphne a main character. I mean come on she was I guess the main villain for Hiro and just like Sylar being the main villain for Peter, Sylar is now a main character.

Comment

Originally posted by Seyee
          It's weird how Magneto = Sylar since well sylar could move metal like Magneto
          Yes Sylar's TK makes him very Magneto-like. Not to mention that scene in season 1 where he flipped that truck. Big time Magneto/X-men homage right there. What doesn't make sense though is that if his head is his only real vulnerable spot, why doesn't Sylar just start wearing some sort of helmet like Magneto does? Didn't he learn anything after what happened to over-confident Arthur?

Comment

Because fire is the insects worst enemy really... There is no insect that can withstand fire.

Comment

Originally posted by Xanderman
              Yes Sylar's TK makes him very Magneto-like. Not to mention that scene in season 1 where he flipped that truck. Big time Magneto/X-men homage right there. What doesn't make sense though is that if his head is his only real vulnerable spot, why doesn't Sylar just start wearing some sort of helmet like Magneto does? Didn't he learn anything after what happened to over-confident Arthur?
              Lol that's true that's not like our super genius intellect master mind Sylar to not improve his survival. Maybe there's some thing Sylar/Claire healing ability the writers haven't mentioned, I mean Sylar just came back to life after Claire stabbed him with a glass to the brain/head? Maybe Sylar knows something that Claire doesn't like how to automatically heal brain wounds, if you think about it how the heck did Sylar got out of comtaose form after listening to Angela's dream power( assuming she has the power to dream the future and goes into people dream as well). The only power that made him get out of that comatose form is either Cellular Regeneration or they implying that his original power evolved somehow so that his brain can outwit the comatose stuff. Seeing that Claire can't do the same as Sylar, and Sylar has yet came back to life after a stab to the head I'm saying he nows something about cellular regeneration when he looked at Claire's brain. If that's true then it would make sense why he doesn't mind getting shot in the head -_-, but I guess you can say the same thing to Arthur who is a person who knows how to use every power in it's advance form and has good control over the abilities. Anyway the writers REALLY need to show an episode or explain how the heck he lived after that glass attack and explosion.

Comment

^Heroes leaves way too many things unanswered. They constantly change things and reboot as they see fit to suit whatever new direction they want to head, or to make a particular story or volume work. This current volume is a much more dumbed down one so hopefully we won't be seeing as much of this happening--even though it's basically based on a complete reboot itself.

Comment

Working...
                X
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎