No announcement yet.

ThunderCats (Animated Film - TBD)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ThunderCats (Animated Film - TBD)

Finally, someone is going to make a Thundercats movie. I remember watching the cartoons on t.v. years ago. The only thing is they are going to make it animated and I wanted it to be something like the Fantastic 4 or x-men movies.
    Last edited by WickedJenn; 10-27-2014, 04:53 PM.

TOTALLY AWESOME! Too bad it's animated, though.One little point off.

Comment

well if its animated they should make it beuwolf style

Comment

New to the forum so don't know if you are allowed to link to youtube as it's not official sanctioned footage, but...there is a fan-made Thundercats live action trailer on youtube that is pretty amazing. I wish they were making the movie live action, this fan made trailer shows you that it could be done and taken seriously, well, apart from Snarf, who the guy uses CGI Garfield footage for, really funny.
        Yeah, I loved the show as a kid and watched it every week without fail, it's only recently that I've seen the show again thanks to my nephew buying the s1 boxset, pleased to say it more than held up to my childhood memories.

Comment

Even Voltron is being made into a movie..that I cannot wait for. I love me some Voltron!!

"Form torso and legs...And I'll form the head!!"

Comment

Originally posted by FLyxNERD
            well if its animated they should make it beuwolf style

The guy who directed "Gears of War" will be doing this movie in CGI. It won't be quite the same, but it will be close. He say's it will actualy be a newly developed style, whatever that means.

Comment

Here are some pictures.

Comment

That's some pretty sweet concept art. Me likes!

Comment

Oh thanks for sharing, It seems to be interested.

Comment

This was an awesome show. I used to watch it all the time.

About the movie, I believe it is on hold. There's going to be an animated series instead, coming out next year.

Seems Larry Kenney, the actor who voiced Lion-O in the original show, is going to play Claudius (Lion-O's dad) in the new one.

Forum, info, interactive ep guides, insider interviews, memorabilia scans, screen shots, fan art and fiction archives, interactive games, multi-media downloads and much more. With literally gigabytes of material available, it's one of the biggest Thundercats sites on the Web.

I'm looking forward to this. Thundercats HO!

Comment

I'm interested. I remember having the action figures as a kid.

Comment

New Details On The ThunderCats Reboot

Comment

Can't wait for this. I bought and watched the DVDs for seasons 1-4 last summer.

Tundercats, Ho!

Comment

More details: http://g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/70...ies-snarf.html

Another Larry Kenney interview: http://raffertymillsconnection.podbe...-larry-kenney/

Plus, Matthew Mercer is voicing Tygra. http://www.thundercatslair.org/

You know, I like Snarf. Yes he could be annoying but I don't think they needed to make him mute for the new series. Just tone down the more annoying dialogue and he'd be fine. It's not a big deal though.

I like the images and also that the series is going to start out on Thundera, giving us a more detailed origin story of Lion-O and friends. They are going to connect different parts of the mythos together. That's cool. But I'm not comfortable with "simplifying the mythology" because the "original backstory is complicated". Complicated? C'mon. I watched this as a kid. It was pretty easy to follow. I hope they don't completely remove Third Earth from the show.

But the most WTF news is from the second Larry Kenney interview: apparently in this incarnation Lion-O and Tygra are brothers! Huh? I mean, I'm not against introducing some conflict among the Thundercats, father issues and sibling rivalry for Lion-O, etc. It's cliche yes but could be entertaining if done well. But why not create a new character for Lion-O's brother? Why Tygra? LOL that makes no sense to me.

Anyway, I'm still excited for the new series. I wonder if they will take anything from the comics?
                            Last edited by Exedore; 12-03-2010, 05:18 PM.

Comment

Be great to get a live action movie.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎