Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are Hiro and Ando doing?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Right, but I was more annoyed at how much time they spent on the useless Claire storyline this episode. But you have to give them credit, they at least gave Peter, Mohinder and Matt 2 whole seconds of airtime.

Comment

True, but it was only two seconds. (Unless you were being sarcastic?)

Then again, with that whole two seconds, it made it almost worth watching just to see the surprise ending.

Comment

No I wasn't being sarcastic. It really was only like 2 seconds.

And yes, that ending made it all worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by Level5
          Oh, OH! another plot hole, how on earth did that weirdo "Rebel" know they were going to be there?

A mystery is not a plothole, it drives me nuts how people just throw that word around willy nilly. Think back to the first season, using your logic prior to discovering what Peter's powers were, him being able to heal after falling from the school when he saved Claire from Sylar was a plothole. Clearly, Rebel is someone that has the ability or the means to know where people and contact them electronically...yeah, clearly we've seen no one that could do that on this show...ever...::Ahem, Micah...::Ahem Molly...::Ahem...Hana...:: Or someone new...simply because the writers haven't lead you by the nose to show you something...yet...does not make it a plothole...it's a mystery designed to make folks think.

Comment

The whole trip to India was rather drawn out, but it is just some more character development. Hiro has to learn how to be a hero with out his power, like Peter and the others in "Eclipse". Also, the writers are building some tension between Ando and Hiro so the future vision of Ando killing Hiro will be able to be used if they need too. Lastly, since it has only been a few days since the current story line started, Matt and Peter may not be doing anything interesting enough to warrant more screen time. They are in hiding and regrouping, "move along people, nothing to see here..."

Next week we should see alot more of them and HRG...

Comment

it is a very poorly written story about how Hiro is going to be OK being 'normal' and still able to be a hero.

God I hope he gets some powers soon. His character isn't as entertaining if he can't give the heavy handed 'Great Power comes with Great Responsibility' guilt trips on a weekly basis.

Comment

Originally posted by pycer
                A mystery is not a plothole, it drives me nuts how people just throw that word around willy nilly. Think back to the first season, using your logic prior to discovering what Peter's powers were, him being able to heal after falling from the school when he saved Claire from Sylar was a plothole. Clearly, Rebel is someone that has the ability or the means to know where people and contact them electronically...yeah, clearly we've seen no one that could do that on this show...ever...::Ahem, Micah...::Ahem Molly...::Ahem...Hana...:: Or someone new...simply because the writers haven't lead you by the nose to show you something...yet...does not make it a plothole...it's a mystery designed to make folks think.
                I don't know, maybe it's not, but when and if they drop the whole plot like they do so many. Then, it will most definitely be a plot hole. So, only time will tell who's right.

----- Added 4 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by one of the 12
                The whole trip to India was rather drawn out, but it is just some more character development. Hiro has to learn how to be a hero with out his power, like Peter and the others in "Eclipse". Also, the writers are building some tension between Ando and Hiro so the future vision of Ando killing Hiro will be able to be used if they need too. Lastly, since it has only been a few days since the current story line started, Matt and Peter may not be doing anything interesting enough to warrant more screen time. They are in hiding and regrouping, "move along people, nothing to see here..."

Next week we should see alot more of them and HRG...
                Right, Because this show is about People learning to live without special abilities. Does anybody else think this show is kinda moving more, and more away from people having powers?

And I think the whole Ando and Hiro relationship is strong enough, I mean, they've been together for a while now.

So please, can we just get back to the show where people actually had powers?
                Last edited by Level5; 02-17-2009, 12:54 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Ando should be practicing using his power. He should see what all he can charge. maybee he can charge small objects and cause them to explode. He should see what happens if he charges Hiro and what happens if he charges someone who never had a power.

Comment

I think this episode was significant for many reasons:

1.) Hiro learns he can be a hero without having powers- Now he can develop his fighting skills. Thus, being more powerful when he gets his powers back. Remember, Future Hiro had a sword as well as his powers.

2.) Hiro actually picked up a KNIFE when defending the Indian woman- Why is this significant? In the past when Hiro was confronted by his father, instead of picking up a knife to defend himself, he grabbed a loaf of bread. He did the same when Ando was kidnapped. But when he came between the Indian woman and her would be husband, he grabbed a KNIFE. This may be the start of him returning to the sword.

3.) Hiro and Ando's relationship seemed to heal towards the end- Now that Hiro knows he can do good with no powers, he's not as resentful towards Ando, building back trust and setting up for Ando's betrayal to be even more hurtful.

Comment

Here's the short answer to the topic question, they are on vacation. Even heroes need a vacation

Originally posted by KhaoTiKz
                      I think this episode was significant for many reasons:

1.) Hiro learns he can be a hero without having powers- Now he can develop his fighting skills. Thus, being more powerful when he gets his powers back. Remember, Future Hiro had a sword as well as his powers.

2.) Hiro actually picked up a KNIFE when defending the Indian woman- Why is this significant? In the past when Hiro was confronted by his father, instead of picking up a knife to defend himself, he grabbed a loaf of bread. He did the same when Ando was kidnapped. But when he came between the Indian woman and her would be husband, he grabbed a KNIFE. This may be the start of him returning to the sword.

3.) Hiro and Ando's relationship seemed to heal towards the end- Now that Hiro knows he can do good with no powers, he's not as resentful towards Ando, building back trust and setting up for Ando's betrayal to be even more hurtful.
                      Nice speculations. I used to try to think that way but gave up when the writers went overboard on a lot of stuff and it was just me thinking too far ahead or too much. But yeah the holding the knife vs the food I caught that before let's just hope it really does mean something (forecasting) to something the viewers can comprehend.

But I somewhat disagree in #1 and #3.
                      #1: He doesn't really need to develop his fighting skills unless you mean fist to fist combat because he was already taught from probably one of the best sword masters of all time (his father) and his father was proud of him I'm assuming he taught him the stuff he wanted so he's already strong in the way of the sword by the end of season 1. I don't know about most viewers on this but I got the impression he's a fine swordsman already with or without powers because he beat Adam Monroe and can go 1 on 1 with his dad how much powerful does he need to be? When he does or if he does gets his power he's not going to be stronger in sword combat if anything he'll be stronger mentally, but realistically that's not something you can really measure eh.

#3: Im just not agreeing this line "he's not as resentful towards Ando, building back trust and setting up for Ando's betrayal to be even more hurtful" are you implying that now he believes in himself more means that he wont be as resentful towards Ando, which means they will build their trust back, JUST SO that Hiro can betray him in a terrible way? Anyway just don't think Hiro character was ever like a betrayal person I mean it was hard for him to even try to stab Sylar. The only time he came close to becoming a true villain this who season in which this season is about villains, is him stopping time to tell Ando that he's going to fake stab him, which really has no any evil or villain like part to it. If they did set this up to make a great betrayal for Ando it's really going to hurt Hiro's character the past 3 seasons a lot from what the viewers know him as. Not sure how's he's supposedly get "stronger" in someway by betraying someone or actually his best friend.

Comment

Hiro having time travel is a good way that they can do flashbacks to answer or correct some mistakes they make. but then again that could lead to more mistakes to fix.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎