View Poll Results: Stupidest thing season 8 has done so far

Voters
366. You may not vote on this poll
  • Have Clark get a job as a reporter at the Daily Planet with no college degree or even experience

20 5.46%
  • The way they ended Clana by having be against their will when Clark should have chosen to move on

226 61.75%
  • Have Chloe drop her ambitions and marry Jimmy

31 8.47%
  • Have Clark working with Lois at the planet and he's not wearing glasses

17 4.64%
  • Have Clark erase Chloe's memories (even if it was temporary) and not tell her about it

25 6.83%
  • other

47 12.84%
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Clana.
    The whole Lana arc.
    Power. *shudders*

As bad as Ageless was, I think the idea of what they did with Lana/Clana in season 8 was much worse. I don't know how they could have done that.

Clark Kent: Mars Investigations's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vyperman7 View Post
    2) Clark just waltzing into a reporting job at the DP.

Aside from the Lana arc, this was the thing that has bugged me the most about S8. The main purpose of Smallville is to show the journey. They never really did this in regards to journalism. I mean we got one obscure comment in S2 where Clark says that he sees himself studying journalism in college 5 years down the road. However, he never really expressed a lot of interest in it. If they had showed Clark take up journalism in his senior year instead of football, and then showed him taking classes in college before he dropped out, then I could at least stomach it. However, Clark has no experience at all, and due to the fact that he dropped out of college, he doesn't even have a degree. I think it would have been much better to have Clark start out in the mailroom. He still could have used the DP as a place to be on top of the action, and he would have been forced to pay his dues a bit. Then as time passes, Clark starts to get more hungry and determined to work his way up. Then he writes an article on the Red Blue Blur using his "inside info" in the second half of the season and impresses his editor enough to land a reporting job. Clark becoming a reporter would still be fast-tracked in this scenario, but at least it wouldn't of been right away.
    He's not a reporter. He's always been referred to as a copy boy.

Whedon Worshipper Hopefulsuicide's Avatar
    not always... we discussed this a lot in the beginning... sometimes he's referred to as a reporter, sometimes a copy boy... hence why it's very confusing

Anything and everything to do with Clana this season was horrible.

Definitely Clana forced ending. YUK.

Quote Originally Posted by Mars Investigations View Post
    He's not a reporter. He's always been referred to as a copy boy.
    He has been refered to a reporter more than once this season. Not to mention the fact that his press pass says "Clark Kent reporter" when he puts it on in the episode Plastique. Also, I highly doubt that they would have a copyboy share a desk with a reporter.
    Last edited by vyperman7; 02-17-2009 at 12:24 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by vyperman7 View Post
    He has been refered to a reporter more than once this season. Not to mention the fact that his press pass says "Clark Kent reporter" when he puts it on in the episode Plastique. Also, I highly doubt that they would have a copyboy share a desk with a reporter.
    I do some part-time work for a newspaper and I have an ID badge. They don't really say "reporter" on them (nobody's does). Typically, they just say "editorial". It's a blanket term that covers everybody from reporters to copy boys to stringers. I'm not a reporter but I have used my ID badge to get into sporting events

Quote Originally Posted by amberdawn View Post
    Super-Lana for sure.
    Yep. No question about that.

Clark should have chosen to move on. Can we even talk about this here? Has it been two weeks yet? Man, time flies if it has.

Quote Originally Posted by Fridaythe13Jason View Post
    I do some part-time work for a newspaper and I have an ID badge. They don't really say "reporter" on them (nobody's does). Typically, they just say "editorial". It's a blanket term that covers everybody from reporters to copy boys to stringers. I'm not a reporter but I have used my ID badge to get into sporting events
    Thanks for the info.

Although I didn't say anything about real life and what passes really look like. I was simply pointing out that Clark's pass that he put on in the episode Plastique said "Clark Kent reporter" on it...LOL

Hands down its definitely Clana

I AM the villain. redkryptoniteisthebest's Avatar
    Man, the Clana hate is getting unbearable. Seriously, people, this is Smallville, that storyline yelled Smallville, lol. It was good, though.

Hopeless Forum Addict Mickey_Bickey's Avatar

Clana

I picked #2, but I'd like to add that Power and Requiem go hand and hand. By far everything Clana was the biggest mistake ever!! This season had the potential to be the best one yet, but Lana's ridiculous, over the top, absurd arc ruined that. Such a shame.

Banned
    Clark getting a job at the Daily Planet.

This is such an important part of Clark Kent and I always wanted some episode that showed how he got there. I wanted a Perry White /Clark Kent moment .......including the glasses......it should have been memorable with some significance. Instead it was a yawner..........bigtime fail for the writers.

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast