Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lifelovedestiny
    Wow, this made my day seeing how much Lois is actually in each episode! (It's more than I thought, but a little more never hurt anyone !!)
    I know. So far, season 4 was her highest screen time minutes. I really hope this season beats that season.

---Bad Toad, How do you plan on calculating Hex? Will Lois be counted as screentime for the actress, or the character, since she'll actually be playing Chloe?

Comment

Bad Toad, How do you plan on calculating Hex? Will Lois be counted as screentime for the actress, or the character, since she'll actually be playing Chloe?
      My rule when doing this has always been this...its a screentime tally for the character, not the actor or actress. So, thats how I'll do Hex. I don't want to go into more detail, since I don't want to reveal spoilers for the episode.

I'll just say this, when I calculated Transference, scenes where Lionel looked like Clark were considered Lionel time, and scenes where Clark looked like Lionel were considered Clark time. But, in any cases like that, I always make sure to do a seperate tally for the actors themselves.

Posession type situations are handled differently, since the character is still in their body, just taken over by someone else.

Comment

Originally posted by BadToad
        My rule when doing this has always been this...its a screentime tally for the character, not the actor or actress. So, thats how I'll do Hex. I don't want to go into more detail, since I don't want to reveal spoilers for the episode.

I'll just say this, when I calculated Transference, scenes where Lionel looked like Clark were considered Lionel time, and scenes where Clark looked like Lionel were considered Clark time. But, in any cases like that, I always make sure to do a seperate tally for the actors themselves.

Posession type situations are handled differently, since the character is still in their body, just taken over by someone else.
        Wow. This gets really confusing and I commend you on your work. Okay, so that explains Chloe/Brainiac and Lois/Faora in Bloodline. The character was still there, so you count that.

That makes perfect sense.

Thanks!

Comment

That's so weird how is it that the star of the show doesn't get more the 25 mins an episode??? Hopefully season 9 is set up a lot better.

Comment

Originally posted by Lilah
            That's so weird how is it that the star of the show doesn't get more the 25 mins an episode??? Hopefully season 9 is set up a lot better.
            I think Clark's screentime is fine. He still gets much more than every other character overall.

Comment

Originally posted by AgentChaos
              I think Clark's screentime is fine. He still gets much more than every other character overall.
              And so he should be

Comment

will this be updated soon?

Comment

I think this is an ensemble show, and Clark always gets enough screentime, personally, I don't mind if he gets less for other actors to pick up the slack.

Comment

Its updated

I think this show works best when Clark is the clear lead of the show, with the rest of the cast working as a supporting ensemble. I don't consider it an ensemble show with Clark as just one of the cast. JMO

Comment

Originally posted by BadToad
                      Its updated

I think this show works best when Clark is the clear lead of the show, with the rest of the cast working as a supporting ensemble. I don't consider it an ensemble show with Clark as just one of the cast. JMO
                      I agree. Episodes with lots of Clark are normally my fav, and maybe from many others

Comment

i bet clark's screentime will be close to season 4 if the next remaining 5 episodes of S8 have clark with 16 or more minutes

Comment

Badtoad, 2 quick questions - have you done the screentime minutes for season 1?

And why have the threads for seasons 2, 3 and 4 vanished from the main page?

Comment

Hi Pesk. I haven't done S1 yet, but I fully intend to. It might have to wait until S8 is done though. Going back to do a whole season is time consuming.

As for why the threads were moved, I don't have any control over that. I assume that it was a moderater decision. I'd be willing to bet they've been moved to their respective seasons in the episodes forum.

Comment

Thanks for the speedy reply. And for the updated s8 screen time minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by bizzaroboy9
                                i bet clark's screentime will be close to season 4 if the next remaining 5 episodes of S8 have clark with 16 or more minutes
                                Clark would need to average about 25 minutes of screentime to match his season 4 numbers. I don't see that happening. OTOH, he would need 17 minutes per ep to match season 5 and only 4 minutes per ep to match season 6.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎