Dollhouse ratings

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just hope we don't drop below 4 mill. The Internet is rumbling that if that happens we're curtains...

Comment

Last Night: In week three news, Fox drama Doll House lost more steam, dipping to 4.13 million viewers (#4) and a 1.6/ 5 among adults 18-49 (#3) a 9 p.m. Take a look at the three-week track for Dollhouse (with episodes one and two based on the final nationals):

Dollhouse (Fox) – Friday 9 p.m.
      2/13/09 – Viewers: 4.76 million; A18-49: 2.0/ 6
      2/20/09 – Viewers: 4.25 million; A18-49: 1.7/ 5
      2/27/09 – Viewers: 4.13 million; A18-49: 1.6/ 5

As predicted, the target audience for Dollhouse is probably out on Friday ringing in the new weekend. Earlier in the evening on Fox was Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles at an even worse 3.42 million viewers (#4) and a 1.2/ 4 (#4) in the demo at 8 p.m. Chances of another season of Sarah Connor are, no doubt, nil.

Finals will go up, hopefully:/

Comment

*sigh* I highly doubt this will come back next season with the ratings dropping every week, especially when they started so low.

Comment

Yeah, It will probably take a Miracle for Dollhouse and Sarah Conner to get another
          Season. However, Anything is Possible!

Comment

I just wish there was something i could do

Comment

Originally posted by SparkleforSmallville
              Yeah, It will probably take a Miracle for Dollhouse and Sarah Conner to get another
              Season. However, Anything is Possible!
              That's true. I'll just hope that ratings can increase soon, and maybe FOX will order another season.

Comment

I think that dollhouse is doing pretty well, considering it is on Friday, and has a kind of wierd theme for some people. I think that it is just too tough for people to watch it on Fridays. If it had started on a different day, maybe the ratings would be better. Plus, if you look on places like Hulu, Dollhouse is up among the top watched recent episodes/ recently added, whatever you call it. It seems like people do make time to watch the show, but the time slot is just too bad for it to find a solid grounding. I know I couldn't watch the first two episodes when they first aired because I'm always busy on Fridays, but I watched them on Hulu.

Comment

I wish FOX would air an episode after American Idol just once to give it a really good sampling.

Comment

Fox's "Dollhouse" premiered modest.

Then went lower.

And lower.

But what about all those Joss Whedon fans who actually have lives and aren't staying home to watch TV on Friday nights?

Yes, there are some. Lots, in fact.

According to just-released Live+7 DVR data, the "Dollhouse" premiere episode's rating increased 30% once time-shifted viewing from later in the week was added in. "Dollhouse" went from a 2.0 adult demo number to a 2.6.

"Dollhouse" lead-in "Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles" gained even more -- 36%.

By comparison, Friday's most-popular show "Ghost Whisperer" gained 21%, "Flashpoint" climbed 11% and "Numbers" was up 14%.

The "Terminator" and "Dollhouse" gains are considered very high increases for time-shifted viewing, even for a Friday night.

UPDATE: For the week, "Terminator" was the biggest gainer, followed by "90210," "Scrubs," "Dollhouse," "Priviledged" and "Life." (Adjusted so they're all rounded to the same point). Here's the list:

TERMINATOR 1.4 adult demo rating to a 1.9 = 36% increase
                    90210 1.2 to 1.6 = 33%
                    SCRUBS 2.0 to 2.6 = 30%
                    DOLLHOUSE 2.0 to 2.6 = 30%
                    PRIVILEGED 0.7 to 0.9 = 29%
                    LIFE 1.4 to 1.8 = 29%
                    FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS 1.2 to 1.5 = 25%
                    LOST 4.4 to 5.5 = 25%

Comment

And the Live+7 for the Premiere in viewers is 5,799.= 5.80 mil. & demo 2.6

Compare the Final Live rating

More than a 1 million viewer gain, and that demo gain is great.
                      Last edited by SparkleforSmallville; 03-02-2009, 08:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SparkleforSmallville
                        And the Live+7 for the Premiere in viewers is 5,799.= 5.80 mil. & demo 2.6

Compare the Final Live rating

More than a 1 million viewer gain, and that demo gain is great.
                        That's not too bad for a Friday show. Maybe this could help in convincing Fox to bring DH back next season?

Thanks for posting the numbers!

Comment

DVR numbers

Also, for those wondering: Week two of DVR data showed both "Dollhouse" and "Terminator" improved 29% from their original airings. For "Dollhouse," that roughly matches the premiere episode's DVR gain while for "Terminator," its slipping a bit compared to the show's midseason debut. In either case those are some strong numbers.

Comment

I hope the ratings will stay steady for this show to Warrant another season. The should really think about moving it. I think it would do amazing on another night! I hear The Sarah Whatever Chronicles are good too. If it gets picked up I think I am gonna buy season one. I don't want to invest in a season one dvd and the show not make it to a season three.

Comment

Dollhouse should be on after American Idol like it was originally supposed to be before Fox decided to give it the death-slot.

Comment

Dollhouse is picking up some steam

Fox continues to struggle with its combination of Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles (Viewers: #4, 3.93 million; A18-49: #2t, 1.4/ 5) and the recently introduced Dollhouse, which picked up some steam at 4.42 million viewers (#4) and a 1.5/ 5 in the demo (#3t). But that is still a losing performance. Coming up on April 17 in the Friday 8 p.m. hour: the return of Prison Break.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎