Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Davis "Real?"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

When did I say anything about Jimmy? Seriously... is your argument that Davis was beautiful because he wasn't Jimmy???

Comment

Originally posted by borednow
      What was so beautiful about him? SW? I mean, from gooy childhood bird killing to bloody pipe end I never saw him do anything but cause suffering and misery to anyone who showed him even a slight kindness...
      Would love to see the list of the slightest kindness scenarios and being thrown out onto the streets wasn't very kind to me. And since the child's anger at unjust treatment released the monster, I wouldn't paint the child as evil as all Davis could ever remember would be going unconscious and waking up naked. In fear of those impulses, he overcompensated to be good by becoming an EMT. That isn't evil to me or morally corrupt. That's fighting something you don't understand and want to prevent from harming others.

Anyway, split GOOD!Davis was as real as the other split GOOD personalities of Clark and Lex. The good Davis split from Doomsday. Retconning all previous portrayals of Davis, non-Doom possessed to say he'd suddenly impale and kill Jimmy and Chloe was an Olympic Games Shark-jumping gold winning performance and writing.

But Witwer did protest the idea of being Zod for S9 if his Davis was known nationwide as a serial killer with pictures everywhere. There wasn't much to do with Davis after the split because of the conundrum, but he ATLEAST could've been sent out trying to save the life of Clark, Chloe or Jimmy in the positive and more dramatic way, while Jimmy still kicked the bucket.
      Last edited by megan130; 01-05-2011, 09:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by megan130
        Would love to see the list of the slightest kindness scenarios
        Lex was kind to him, he tried to be his friend - Davis returned this by killing Lex's pet bird.
        Jimmy was kind to him, he tried to invite Davis to his wedding - Davis returned this by kissing his fiancee
        Chloe was kind to him, she tried to be his friend then his security blanket - Davis returned this by trying to unload his killing on her, oh on her wedding day. Trying to break up her marriage even though he knew he was killing people. Shouldering his problems on her shoulders with that "I don't have to kill people if we are together all the time" lie.
        Clark was kind to him, he offered a real way to keep him from killing people all the time - Davis returned this with a guilt trip and a refusal.
        Clark, Chloe and Jimmy were all kind to him, Clark planned and Chloe did split him off from his pointy half and Jimmy took him to his house to take care of him - Davis repaid this by murdering Jimmy and attempting to kill Chloe.

Anyone who was ever nice to Davis ended up burring something for that mistake.

Comment

Doomsday is a genetically engineered killing machine, and Davis is just a form of camouflage that allowed the Beast to remain hidden until such time as it was ready to fulfill its purpose. When Doomsday first arrived on earth, it was immature and could've been destroyed by someone with the knowledge to do so. Pretending to be a human allowed the Beast to both gather intelligence on it's surroundings, its prey if you will, while also giving it time to grow stronger, eventually reaching a point where it would be nearly impossible to kill. Plus, Doomsday was to be a weapon of Zod, and since Zod wanted to turn earth into a new Krypton, he wouldn't want his weapon running around destroying the place. In order to prevent Doomsday from "going off" prematurely, I believe Davis was used both as camouflage and an inhibitor. Of course, the true nature of the Beast couldn't be entirely contained, so it came out to play from time to time.

Some may say that Davis was a real person, based on his emotions, hopes and dreams, but I say what good is camouflage if it doesn't fool anyone? In order for Davis to be an effective camouflage, he would have to be indistinguishable from any other human, which means he would have emotions, hopes, dreams and be able to adapt and function in the human world just like we all do. Then how could he have been separated from the Beast? Personally, I think the writers failed, as they often did, in this instance. I don't think he could've been separated, because he was actually the Beast. Then again, Lex was split in two, his good and evil halves, so maybe Doomsday could've been split, too. Although, I don't believe Davis was good, as evidenced by his actions and selfish behavior with regards to Chloe. At any rate, I believe Davis was simply a defense mechanism of the Beast that believed it was real but never was.

Comment

Davis is real. Zod and Faora used THEIR DNA to create Davis. Faora even said Davis is the spitting image of his father. So how can Davis be fake?

Comment

Working...
            X
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎