Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lana Lang - Good or Bad

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

At the starting of the show she was my favourite girl cast but as the show went on i have my new favourite girl cast, but she is still on my list of cast i like .

Comment

Originally posted by Tinyeppy
      Lana has really changed into something I don't like & she doesn't deserve

I personally will not trust her because she has shown over again that she always has other motives to here actions that aren't positive.

She's not good because she can be bad & it can get ugly.
      so has every character on this show what's your point? I love her character mainly because everybody loves to rip on her, i hope she comes back in s9 so more people can continue to b*tch and moan i get a sick pleasure out of that.

Comment

My feelings about Lana

I respected and liked her in season 1. But as time went on, she just become increasingly annoying to the extreme and I just lost interest in her because she lacks personality. I do believe she still has good intentions but her actions and motives say otherwise. I love the fact that she values honesty but she keeps disrespecting boundaries. I understand that she doesn't want to be lied to but she seems to be blind to her own role in this dynamic.
        Last edited by laurarawlins; 10-18-2013, 06:47 PM.

Comment

The number one thing I hate about Lana is how she has NO sense of loyalty when it comes to Clark. Okay, sure, the guy broke your heart a couple of times but how can you not see that he is the nicest, sweetest, most caring guy on the planet?! Are you just an idiot? And then she goes around telling EVERY SINGLE ONE OF HER BOYFRIENDS that Clark is a jerk. With Jason: "This is the relationship I was running away from". With Adam: "Yeah, Clark did a number on me, and I won't let that happen again." Is there a single person that she has not complained about Clark to? And every time she breaks up with Clark or even talks to him in general, she ends up blaming him for something or another. "I've been so focused on you that I've lost sight of who I am and that's why I want to uproot my life and run away to Paris?" Are you SERIOUS?! Dude, people go through break-ups all the time! Be a big girl and move on, you whiny little brat!

She never ever takes responsibility for her actions. She revels in the fact that people love and admire her, but always keeps Clark in her back pocket 'cuz he's the only guy who won't tell her flat-out that she's annoying and needs to fix her own mistakes and stop being a jerk to the one person who will love her always, unconditionally.

But I have to agree that she was really sweet in Season 1. I remember hating her, then watching Season 1 again and wondering why I hated her. Then I rewatched the rest of the show and realized--oh,yeah. That's why.

Comment

In an ideal SV universe, Lana Lang's story would have ended in S3, maybe S4, with h.s. graduation (and the arrival of Lois) being her swan song. I don't despise Lana the character as much as I detested the adverse effect her high profile on SV had on Clark's (and to a lesser degree, Lex's) overall destiny. That's probably the biggest issue for me, that Lana didn't define herself as much as be defined by how she interacted with Clark, Lex and others. She was weakly developed/written as a principal character, considering the importance SV gave her. I'd say her character growth suffered from S2 on, with lukewarm attempts to correct it by giving her story arcs to justify her continued role in Clark and Lex's journeys.

'Secrets and lies' was a major theme TPTB actively promoted throughout the series and, in that context, Lana was drawn into that as part of the big three. It got repetitive with each passing season, esp. in the context of Clana: "Why don't you trust me?" "Because you're lying!" "You're keeping secrets from me!" "Because you're hiding the truth!" Arrgh! (or yawwwn). Clana petered out by S7 once Lex left.

Lana should not have been the tipping point of Clark and Lex turning against each other, and granted they did have other non-Lana issues (yay! principles and meatier concepts like trust and loyalty), but Lana was made to be the last straw to break the friendship. Making Clark allergic to her -- a horrible plot device at any level -- was almost an afterthought, just so they could end Clana with finality.

Comment

Working...
            X
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎