Collapse
No announcement yet.

So Peter gets Tracy's power and then..

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So Peter gets Tracy's power and then..

Goes to use it on a person with an ability. Does he freeze them over or does he copy their power? This question applies to any other ability that requires touch; Linderman's healing for example. I think this "new power" change to Peter's storyline/character is pathetic.

Normally I would think that this is Peter being naive, and that he'll realize he always had his original power at a crucial point. Even when taking into account the silly little "touch" special effects, I would still think this.. If Mohinder cannot climb walls, then his power changed slightly from the shot as well..

I'd like to thank whatever group of assclowns complained about his powers. Lets face it, without the viewer input.. this show would probably suck less.. have more decisiveness. Thats what changed from the 1st season to the 2nd to the 3rd. The 1st season had no viewer input..

I like Sylar and Luke.. Their storyline has a Dexter-esque sorta feel to it.

Originally posted by Blades
    Goes to use it on a person with an ability. Does he freeze them over or does he copy their power? This question applies to any other ability that requires touch; Linderman's healing for example. I think this "new power" change to Peter's storyline/character is pathetic.

Normally I would think that this is Peter being naive, and that he'll realize he always had his original power at a crucial point. Even when taking into account the silly little "touch" special effects, I would still think this.. If Mohinder cannot climb walls, then his power changed slightly from the shot as well..

I'd like to thank whatever group of assclowns complained about his powers. Lets face it, without the viewer input.. this show would probably suck less.. have more decisiveness. Thats what changed from the 1st season to the 2nd to the 3rd. The 1st season had no viewer input..

I like Sylar and Luke. Their storyline has a Dexter-esque sorta feel to it.
    I guess Sylar would use him to make some hot tea, after he finds his father, he would probably just kill him and take his ability. *unless, I don't know I have a feeling they are related in a way*

Comment

My gut feeling says Sylar & Luke are brothers.
      Anyone feels the same? Regarding Pete's new power,
      so lame man, so lame. To now having to touch people
      and absorbing one ability at a time is just crap writing.
      I wouldn't mind if his power was like his father but this
      bs is very disappointing. I'll keep waching but I'm praying
      something turns around.
      Last edited by Vasser; 02-11-2009, 12:00 PM. Reason: I'm doing this from my iPhone and it's not easy. :(

Comment

Really, don't the writers know that people don't want Peter this way. Why can't they just give the people what they want. It makes me sick.

Comment

Originally posted by targis
          Really, don't the writers know that people don't want Peter this way. Why can't they just give the people what they want. It makes me sick.
          Exactly. If they want the show to do better and progress nicely they need not do stupid stuff like giving Pete that type of ability. It's really lame and it really does dissapoint the whole Heroe nation who watches every Monday. Now Sylar is the most powerful Hero which is cool but it was nice having both being powerful.

Comment

LOL there is a chance they are doing this on purpose just so that they'd get our hopes down a lot with Peter's new power and then they'll let him be able to keep more than one power, in which they are HOPING from that a lot of people will start getting interested in Heroes again. Perhaps they think that once this happens a lot more people will start watching Heroes again to see Peter getting back in action so the viewers # will dramatically increase. I mean think about season 1 lol when we first saw Peter's power absorbing Issac, Nathan, etc. powers, I never (you guys probably thought this too) thought that Peter never had the ability to absorb and keep them for good. THATS when the story got a lot interesting and everyone went crazy for heroes lol because that was freaking surprising and out of the blue. If they trying to do that again, trying to imply that Peter can only absorb 1 ability at a time and the old one goes bye bye, they WILL give him his power back just to shock us using that same shock factor again. Eh it's my guess.

Comment

I think it makes his character much more interesting. instead of being all powerful superman he has to struggle and rely on his mind more than his abilities. Kind of playing the game without cheats.
              It also gives his character a chance to grow and evolve into the future Peter we saw earlier this season.
              They will probably "fix" him sometime in the future. Maybe he's going to have an encounter with syler and that's how he will get a few abilities all at once, maybe...

Comment

First off, Sylar is offically awesome now and my favourite character in the whole series, I love how every time we see him he is just doing something bad ass, and USING his abilities.

In regards to peter's power, or real lack of now, I do hope he gets some more of his old abilities back, but this is a problem that any medium dealing with this topic runs into every once in a while that I call the god complex, that is what do you do with characters who effectively become as powerful as god? I mean think back to the start of the season, Peter could was able to fly, electrokinesis, telekinesis, telepathy, phase shift, control space and time, probably also Niki's superstrength and capable of Micah's machine talk based on his being able to use DL's power from his brief encounter in the square at the end of season 1, and oh yeah, he was immortal...Come on its like he was the entire Justice League combined, he could have rewritten history and enslaved every person on the Earth if he really wanted-oh yeah I forgot that he can also cause a Nuclear Explosion just by getting angry or out of control, oh and invisible, also did he get the sonic shout from the guy at the beginning? what about all of future peter's abilties from their interation?-I mean what do you do with a character like that? same thing has happened with superman a couple of times over the years, I mean if you go back to some stories in his past, Superman is able to fly faster then light and even back in time, just based on his own abilities, sometimes superpowerful characters need to be knocked down a peg or two to maintain the balance, and while I agree that they've done that in a poor way by leaving Sylar at the top all alone now, but it is reasonable to decrease his powers a bit, although I do hope that they don't leave him as lame as he is now...

Comment

I thought the angle on Peter was that he was gullable and "too nice" of a guy; his own personality puting the restriction on his powers and therefore capping the god complex. He would never enslave anyone. I just can't imagine it. That was the deal that kept people's frustration balanced out with satisfaction.. Everyone was wondering when he was going to go "all out". He's just extremely ethical. I don't know how to explain that any further.

It still does not account for the logistics issue with the "touch powers". Or perhaps.. touching two people at the same time.. If that happens, I hope the writer's don't cause the two people hes touching to "switch" powers. That'd be terrible, but a means of "spicing things up" as they say.. or just answering that "what if".

Comment

Peter has never really been a god. More of a super human because he's not indestructible. If someone wanted to kill him they could easily.

I don't really get the writers' reason for powering Peter down. It just doesn't make since, I mean, he can still be knocked out, or killed. So what is the reason? He may of been pretty powerful, but for from too powerful.

I just hope the writers don't carry this on too long.

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎