Collapse
No announcement yet.

Peter's New Power

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just an idea. What if the power peter now has is his original power. Maybe he touched someone who had the ability to absorb multiple powers and hence became the old powerful peter???

Any takers

Comment

isn't that like asking the genie... Grant me all the wishes I want not just 3?

Comment

Haha, this was the most ridiculous thing ever. Please... "I don't know, some reason I can only hold one and then I get another and it's gone." That's so vague. I'm really not in the mood to have Peter go under Mohinder's study again, so let's just bring Peter back to his normal power, and quit messing things up.

Comment

I agree with you, HurricaneSam, they should give Peter back his original power.

I guess, I can see one reason for taking his original power away, though. If they didn't he would of absorbed everyones power on the plane, and who knows what powers he would of gotten, then. So he could of became pretty powerful there, but I still don't think he would be too powerful. Unless there was somebody on the plane that had invulnerability; then, he might be too powerful. But the question is, can Peter absorb that many powers at one time? Because, the second Claire takes that thing out of his nose, he would instantly start absorbing everyones power, probably.

The matter still stands, though. Like in Season one he had to think about how that person made him feel to use their power, right? So would he still be able to use everyones power? Some powers might be automatic like Claire's healing; some require concentration and thought to control. And those are the powers he, probably, has to think about the person to use.

I think the writes' just decided to take the easy route, and strip Peter of his power to keep this simple. Shame on them good storylines take complex writing.

Comment

I think taking away peters powers was the best thing ever.. he's become more of a badass since he lost then.. it would be as fun and as much of a challange for peter and the rest of the "good guys" if he had all kind of powers....

I have to admitt his new power is quite lame.. eventhough i think it will be more fun to see Peter using it in combat and hey in most heroic stories the hero is the underdog. this is no exception.

Comment

OK, this is how I see it... And you all can flame be about it if you want.

What if this IS Peter's original ability. Throughout the series, Peter could absorb multiple abilities just by being around them. But there are a couple things we haven't be taking into account.

First off, when have we seen Pete's abilities reset to ABSOLUTE ZERO?... In the beginning, Pete already had his power, so we can't say when or how it first manifested. At first he thought his ability was being able to fly but later found out his ability was to copy others. Which means his ability was already developed enough to take multiples. And when he was reset after exploding, he still had his ability. This is the first time Pete's ability was taken away completely. Which means he had nothing, ZERO... This may be Pete's ability in its original state, which means it should develop close to the ability we've all grown to love/hate...

And secondly, (but most important) this isn't the same Pete. This Pete is harder, more defiant and resolved. Before, Pete would give anything to have his brother's affection. This Pete is dead-set on opposing Nathan. The key to empathy is being open to change. You can't be empathetic and closed-minded at the same time.

Comment

Working...
              X
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎