No announcement yet.

Peter's New Power

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by yanky820
    I really agree with this ... i think that peter does has his fathers powers, just that it's in an early stage. Maybe with Ando he'll be able to really focus more and understand his true power, because if there is any truth to any of the story for every future peter he will have multable powers, and I think seeing that he can't heal right now we all know that he's going to get his scar very soon. But I do think that peter will get multable powers again there just dragging the story a little more then what it needs to be. Which sucks but what can we do.

Put aside all the rambling I did: Peter having a similar power or exact power as his father Arthur does seem to be the case. I like the idea of copy and pasting powers as opposed to cut and paste like Arthur. They need to explorer Andos powers because it seems so insignificant of a power to himself but to others with abilities its god sent.

Comment

Originally posted by j-kent
      no one knows how any of this stuff would work at a genetic and molecular level. It would be presumptuous to say that his power is "hard-coded" because this is fiction.

For the purposes of this show and his powers being different, it would be logical to explain his new power as a result of these "special" people and Peter having abilities that are polygenic. Inheriting a quantitative trait means that it depends on multiple genes and the environment. For all we know, one could carry a range of abilities within their genes. Just like human height, you can finalize anywhere 2-4 inches above or below your height in regards to polygenic inheritance. To drive it home, a continuous characteristic like eye color, you can carry a trait for brown eyes from pa and blue from ma...for all we know Peter could be a carrier of multiple genes that express different powers.
      OK, after going to and watching the part where Mohinder said that. I believe he said something more along these lines, "Each individuals blood chemistry is unique, these abilities could manifest in an infinity number of ways." So I don't know if he's saying that the ability can change or not. If I even quoted the right part, he might of said it somewhere else.

And yes, this is fiction and we probably shouldn't think about it too much, but they're the ones that brought up the whole DNA thing or something like it.

Comment

Dont like how they changed petes power but i am assuming ando will give him a supercharge to his ability and be able to keep multiple abilities by touch

Comment

It's obvious why they made Peter's new power like this, because otherwise, he would be simply too powerful to be a fugitive, just like Sylar. They can't have a all-powerful Peter saving everyone and stopping Nathan's goons, that would defeat the purpose of the "Fugitives".

Comment

Then this is simple a bad storyline. I don't think they should keep restarting Peter just to make him need help from the other heroes nor do I think they should do it to make him fit into their messed up storyline.

I don't know if anyone else has seen this, but season one was mostly about Peter and him saving the world. ever since they moved away from that the show has just gone downhill, or so it seems.

Comment

Originally posted by Level5
              Then this is simple a bad storyline. I don't think they should keep restarting Peter just to make him need help from the other heroes nor do I think they should do it to make him fit into their messed up storyline.
              If he didn't needed help from the others, he would stop Nathan one day. And that makes bad TV. Peter's powers worked on season 1 because the story was about a mystery. Now it's pretty straightfoward.

The reason why Sylar works on the Fugitives with all his powers is because he doesn't care about anyone but him. And he has a purpose. Everyone else is running away from Nathan's goons.

Comment

Peter wasn't unstoppable when he had all of his powers. Sylar's been caught many times even though he still has his powers. I don't think he would stop Nathan, Peter isn't Sylar, he thinks too much and is too nice to do what is needed.

I think Peter becoming very powerful would of made a better storyline, though, just think about it. The U.S. Govronment would need people like Sylar to help capture and contain Peter. It would be a war between the superhumans.

Comment

Originally posted by Level5
                  Peter wasn't unstoppable when he had all of his powers. Sylar's been caught many times even though he still has his powers. I don't think he would stop Nathan, Peter isn't Sylar, he thinks too much and is too nice to do what is needed.

I think Peter becoming very powerful would of made a better storyline, though, just think about it. The U.S. Govronment would need people like Sylar to help capture and contain Peter. It would be a war between the superhumans.
                  Like Villains? Already done. Now that are after ALL superpowered, that's the point of this arc.

Comment

That has never been done, Peter lost his abilities in the 6th episode of volume 3.

Comment

What bugs me about the tired old "Peter is overpowered" argument is the assumption he knows what powers he has and how to use them. The way he was he never knew what powers he had or how to use them unless he saw it. Those were the powers he used most often - the ones that he saw how they were used or were used on him. He was a "Jack of all trades, master of none".

Add to that the way Peter is, empathic - the ability to understand and share the feelings of others and I see that as another way to limit him. He reached out to people and tried to help them. He even has an aspect of bringing people together.

The only way I see him becoming too powerful is if he lost the empathic side of his character and went dark/evil, somewhat turning him into Sylar

Having said that, if they HAD to limit him, I'm okay with him having to touch a person to get their ability ... but I want him to be able to keep it. I am NOT okay with it being just like Arthur's. Arthur was a ruthless person and took what he wanted. That is NOT Peter.

One ray of hope for me is if they keep to the idea of having powers grow and expand. Then, maybe, Peter can at least get back to keeping the abilities.

Comment

I for one hate the idea of Peter having Authur's power. I think that would completely destroy his character.

I really hope this one evolves into his original power. Changing Peter's power is just really bad, I still can't believe that they've really done it. It's just plain dumb of the writers to even go there. I don't like it and it looks like I'm not alone.

Comment

The real question was... when peter injected himself... HE KNEW he was going to get nathan's power.... What if it gave him natural gas emanating glands? He knew he was going to be able to absorb nathan's power and then flew away with him.

Anyways... I am sure that his power will evolve again and he will be able to use his powers. He has always been sort of a nerve wreck which disrupts your brain functions

Comment

Originally posted by the highlander
                            The real question was... when peter injected himself... HE KNEW he was going to get nathan's power.... What if it gave him natural gas emanating glands? He knew he was going to be able to absorb nathan's power and then flew away with him.

Anyways... I am sure that his power will evolve again and he will be able to use his powers. He has always been sort of a nerve wreck which disrupts your brain functions
                            I really hope that is true. I pray that's true. Ha ha.

Comment

Originally posted by the highlander
                              I'm sure his power now is his original power but hasn't fully manifested yet. At what age did Peter's ability 1st manifest? Angela said he got her 1st power from her. Then it was Nathan and probably the power of the older man he cared for. He never absorbed his fathers power, neither his version of the power a taking ability or the mental ability he had. I assume his powers manifested later after his father "dies" in the 1st few episodes of Volume I. Once they manifested he took powers from whomever came in range. His power could have worked, but maybe he had to touch you to take your power at 1st. He would not have known to do it, nor was he put in peril so his power could activate. I can not agree that that his powers are going to change to a new one unless he is somehow less empathic because of all whom have betrayed him and he is closing himself to others.

Comment

Just a thought, since a lot of people brought it up and it confused me so many times earlier. Daphne saying to Ando, " You killed Hiro so he's alive right?" or something similar... Not sure how she even knew about that, but I guess Hiro told her or something since Hiro told her where they hideout. But I think she said that just to cheer him up/ give him hope. During that future when Ando killed Hiro it was over the formula lol... and there is no formula right now so that future is gone why would he even kill Hiro in the future now. Same goes to saying Peter blowing up New York and his scar in season 1. He didn't blow up New York cuz Nathan intervened and a lot of other factors changed making that 5 year in the future never becoming like that. So bottom line, once the heroes actually change the factors that leads on changing the future by a lot it stays that way (season 1: new york doesn't blow up hence no 5 year future where evolved people are being chased down, season 2: Peter changing the present/future to make sure the events doesn't add up in getting the virus out.

Another great example is they mention how Peter killed a lot of people because he was the bomb he killed (Micah, Ando, etc) That being said does that mean no matter what Micah and Ando will die in the hands of Peter?

If I'm wrong about this lol... then it's just bad writing in the writers part and in trying to say that if Ando killed Hiro in the future then that means Hiro is alive until Ando kills him if that's what he wants to. Then they going to have to show Peter killing Ando and Micah somehow doesn't even have to be the same way, and 2 Sylar has to kill DL for phasing and Candiance which he did kill but didn't get the power. So as you can see it doesn't add up which lead to me saying that she only said that to give Ando some hope, and the way Ando repeating that quote over and over is to show that he really is encouraged that Hiro is alive. Although I'm sad Hiro lost his time maniuplation power and most likely wont get it back, this was where the writers kept messing up the stories all beacuse of the time power they were just never consistent in this area, maybe because they had so many writers writing different episodes about the future that their ideas weren't fully connected.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎