No announcement yet.

Triplet's review is on the News page

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TOMophilus
    Calm down, Clanaists! Triplet has explained what she meant. You are so Lana-ified that it seems you donīt even want to understand her.

I often find Tripletīs reviews too benign, so I am glad to see her this time criticize what needs to be criticized!

----- Added 2 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by triplet
    I don't really want to get into a virtual shouting match with you. I didn't like what she did for the reasons I stated in the review.

If you think I was wrong in how I came to my conclusions, that is certainly your opinion, but I don't feel the need to change a thing in my review at this point.
    I don't see any reason for any change either. The review was terrific, and the message you conveyed was a very important one.

----- Added 4 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by suzieQ
    I am asking her to EXCLUDE the part where she compares Kristin's work in GBD and her "approving " Lana's storyline......like Kristin had a choice or it was totally up to her to decide we have NO WAY OF KNOWING! Can you honestly say that YOU KNOW what Kristin thought of felt about all aspects of the storyline. Again, it is ALL SPECULATIVE to everyone. SO NO, it is NOT fair to ASSUME anything.

How Triplet "feels" about the episode , I could really care less about, because I disagree. Not only do I disagree I find her assessment inaccurate......throw in the poor objectivity and you get a very weak and poor review. That is my opinion and I am entitled to express that.
    Here's a link to an interview with KK who states she had a lot of input in this storyline. Now you know!

Also, IMO Triplet's assesstment was dead on!! The episode stunk.
    Last edited by Mickey_Bickey; 02-09-2009, 04:47 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

[quote=Mickey_Bickey;4451980]

----- Added 2 Minutes later -----

I don't see any reason for any change either. The review was terrific, and the message you conveyed was a very important one.

----- Added 4 Minutes later -----

Here's a link to an interview with KK who states she had a lot of input in this storyline. Now you know!

Also, IMO Triplet's assesstment was dead on!! The episode stunk.[/quote

I donīt know what is the problem with Kristin having a lot of input in the storyline.Was a bad storyline for the running of Clois?Yes , no doubt.Was a bad storyline itself?I donīt think so.Also I found obvious that Lana wanted becoming Super:first , she has been a victim all her entire life and needed to change this , like everybody in her situation , plus stealing the suit she achieved the power to do that and helped clark from being destroyed by Lex.So I donīt read her intentions as "become a diferent person to be able to stay with Clark" , I read them as "finding herself after the last chaotic years".Donīt forget that this character since season 1 wanted to help people.

So I think that her actions arenīt against GBD intentions.

Comment

Originally posted by Mickey_Bickey;4451980

Here's a link to an interview with KK who states she had a lot of input in this storyline. Now you know!:D

[URL
        http://blogs.nypost.com/popwrap/archives/2009/01/kristin_kreuk.html[/URL]

This still does not say what input she had, you can only speculate.

Either way, Kristin seems content with Lana's story, it still does not mean that GBD needs to be a topic of this conversation. This IS about Smallville only!

Comment

Originally posted by suzieQ
          This still does not say what input she had, you can only speculate.

Either way, Kristin seems content with Lana's story, it still does not mean that GBD needs to be a topic of this conversation. This IS about Smallville only!
          No, it's not about Smallville only because it's based on the DC comics. WB actually has to approve what characters they use and how far the stories can go. Thus, Clois up until this season, the fact they can't say Superman or dawn the suit.

So, that's incorrect.

She had a lot of input. The story was crappy.

KK is a celebrity and using her celebrity status to promote GBD. What she does with her work does affect how others view her as a role model. Afterall, KK wouldn't have this fame if it weren't for this show and her fanbase in Smallville. It applies, and it was appropriate for Triplet to shed some light on this. Young viewers are watching her on screen just as they are other characters. Actors do have influence on some fans, especially young ones whether you want to admit it or not.
          ----- Added 11 Minutes later -----

I donīt know what is the problem with Kristin having a lot of input in the storyline.Was a bad storyline for the running of Clois?Yes , no doubt.Was a bad storyline itself?I donīt think so.Also I found obvious that Lana wanted becoming Super:first , she has been a victim all her entire life and needed to change this , like everybody in her situation , plus stealing the suit she achieved the power to do that and helped clark from being destroyed by Lex.So I donīt read her intentions as "become a diferent person to be able to stay with Clark" , I read them as "finding herself after the last chaotic years".Donīt forget that this character since season 1 wanted to help people.

So I think that her actions arenīt against GBD intentions.
          The only purpose this story served was to put Clark back where he was in high school. They put Clark's character through the Clana gauntlet just to make Lana Lang look like she's some superhero. Reality is Lana is Pete's future wife and bridesmaid to Lois Lane. She never should have had a story even remotely close to this especially in the middle of a great season. Clois can and probably will happen, because it doesn't matter what happened in Lois and Clark's life before they fall for each other. They end up together anyhow.

My point is that Clark's character was butchered during this story, and he's my favorite character. He's the one I tune in to see each week. Someone should have stepped up to the plate and simply said Clark Kent is the "end all be all" of this show end of story. It would have saved a lot of grief and made for much better TV.

Now the writers and producers have to do massive damage control. I'm sure TW will pull it off in Infamous. He's a good actor and director. Judging from his work he has a true grasp of the Superman mythology and what actual Superman fans like to see!
          Last edited by Mickey_Bickey; 02-09-2009, 05:43 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by boingo
            You can't and shouldn't speak for Kristin Kreuk!
            There was nothing wrong with Lana's storyline...it was a positive and heroic send off. If you don't see it that way; that it is fine. But you shouldn't question or malign Kristin's integrity or views because "you" didn't like it or had a different spin on the events. Lana's story arc showcased "empowerment", "growth" , and "heroism". All positive things in my book. If it wasn't so, it wouldn't have spurred so much anger and hate from some fans on this site. All one needs to do is read some of the responses on this board, which have more to do with Lana not 'deserving' of this form of heroic send off rather than it being degrading to the female empowerment of her character.

You don't have the right to "judge" anyone! Period. And that is what you are doing in questioning Kristin's principles...it is like me saying "I can't believe Erica Durance likes to be written as a person who promotes drinking, makes out with her boss, and has a self of entitlement. How can ED promote such a character?" < This is wrong! "I" as a fan can criticize certain traits about a fictional character (just like you do with Lana), but to question the integrity of the actress because you or I find something wrong with the fictional character is wrong on so many levels; very, very bad taste.
            I'm not a huge Clana fan, but I have to agree with this. I didn't appreciate the review. Lana's behavior in this episode, while questionable, does not reflect Kristen Kreuk as a human being, nor her admirable Girls by Design project. Furthermore, while KK had some say, she didn't have complete say over what the writers did with her character. I don't see anyone questioning Erica Durance as a person, for her character's choices.

And, to say that this was the lowest rated review you have ever given an episode? Um, okay. It wasn't THAT bad. I can think of several episodes that were much weaker.

As for Allison Mack's directing, for a FIRST time director, I think she did a beautiful job with what she had to work with (I've studied writing and film as well). It was admirable and I commend her for doing a great job. I liked the decisions she made. They were bold, and showed she has artistic vision, telling me she has great promise as a director. I appreciated the slow pauses, capturing each character's emotions beautifully, especially Tess. And the end scene, while not my personal cup of tea, I thought was great. I loved the choreography and blocking- very dance like.

I also read that Allison changed the bullet scene so that Lana stopped the bullet instead of Clark. While I'm not a fan of this creative direction to have Lana be a superhero, I think she made the right choice. The scene would have been much more anticlimactic if she hadn't made this decision. Anyway, while the episode wasn't perfect by any means, and the direction of the show I don't really love, it doesn't mean that this is one of the worst episodes in Smallville's history. I'm sorry, but I just don't see it. A 1.5 rating? Well, I guess you are entitled to your opinion, though next time I wouldn't bring Kristen's principles into question, I think it was just out of line.
            Last edited by Autumn; 02-09-2009, 05:46 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the link! Did you read it?
              Especially this part...
              I definitely did. I wanted there to be a confidence and contentedness of where she was in her life and the feeling that Clark is not the end all, be all. The writers had a very different viewpoint in certain areas, but we were both coming from a strong sense of self....What the writers came up with was really interesting and surprising"

"Confidence, contentedness, strong sense of self..." those are all traits that were reflective of Lana's character during her final arc imo. She did not "change" for Clark. There are so many examples, which emphasizes this, but for some reason they were completely ignored or left out in this review. Lana had had enough of the victim role and became self empowered. It is no different than a woman seeking a "self-defense class" after being attacked. Of course in the realm of Smallville everything is heightened, but it is the same form of a woman empowering herself. Kristin also adds "that what the writers came up with was interesting and surprising"< we can speculate all day and all night as to what the writers intentions were, how they differed with kk or how they were similar, and who's ideas weighed heavily in the final cut. That is why placing the burden of the episode on KK and "judging" kk is so wrong! Not only because the storyline did in fact portray positive elements, but because like I said it is of bad taste to question the actor's integrity because a reviewer didn't like the storyline. Poor taste.
              Last edited by boingo; 02-09-2009, 06:03 PM.

Comment

Triplet, I totally agreed with your review. And I'm happy that you pointed out what bad example for teenage girls Lana was displaying.

Comment

I don't know what KK's input was, or what she really thought about the story. All I know is that going out, stealing some experimental technology, then risking your life to have it grafted into your skin because you feel like this is the only way for you to do good in the world, or make a difference does not strike me as empowerment, or heroism. It strikes me as sad, and more then a little scary. In the context of this show, a character who feels like they deserve this sort of enhancement is a character to be wary of. That sense of entitlement smacks of Lex Luthor (who, BTW, would probably also tell you he was going to "protect the world" with it"). I would feel similarly if Chloe obtained it, Oliver obtained it, Lois obtained it, etc. ANY CHARACTER. Dismissing the criticism of the episode as "Lana hating" seems to a way to diminish others opinions. So anyway, again, this idea that Lana is all Super and wonderful and made of hearts and ponies, and rainbows just doesn't fly with me. She trains with some guy who used to torture Navy Seals to make them tough for a few months, and thats supposed to be all she needs to be able to handle this much power? I might've suggested at least that much time on a psychiatrists couch as well, so maybe she could figure out why she felt so inadequate being who and what she was.

So, given all that, I totally and completely agreed with the point Triplet made about the episode.

Personally, true heroism and empowerment of Lana *to me* would've been to see her comfortable in her own skin, honest and forthright in her intentions to Clark from the onset, and her making the final decision to walk away from SV not due to some external conditions. Now THATS empowerment, THATS positive, THATS growth, IMO.

Lana, the Super!Hero!, should never have been necessary if Lana the regular human was cool enough, and heroic enough all of her own. In the writers incessant need to make Lana better and shinier then everyone else, they in fact made her something less. JMO
                  Last edited by BadToad; 02-09-2009, 06:15 PM.

Comment

Especially this part...
                    I definitely did. I wanted there to be a confidence and contentedness of where she was in her life and the feeling that Clark is not the end all, be all. The writers had a very different viewpoint in certain areas, but we were both coming from a strong sense of self....What the writers came up with was really interesting and surprising"

"Confidence, contentedness, strong sense of self..." those are all traits that were reflective of Lana's character during her final arc. She did not "change" for Clark. There are so many examples, which emphasizes this, but for some reason they were completely ignored or left out in this review. Lana had had enough of the victim role and became self empowered. It is no different than a woman seeking a "self-defense class" after being attacked. Of course in the realm of Smallville everything is heightened, but it is the same form of a woman empowering herself. Kristin also adds "that what the writers came up with was interesting and surprising"< we can speculate all day and all night as to what the writers intentions were, how they differed with kk or how they were similar, and who's ideas weighed heavily in the final cut. That is why placing the burden on the episode on KK and "judging" kk is so wrong. Not only because the storyline did in fact portray a positive and heroic view, but because like I said it is of bad taste to question the actor's integrity because a reviewer didn't like the storyline. Poor taste.
                    Did I read it? No, I just posted something I had no idea about!

I wanted there to be a confidence and contentedness of where she was in her life and the feeling that Clark is not the end all, be all.

Sorry, but Clark Kent is the "end all be all" on this show! That tells me everything I needed to know about this storyline that only served to bring down Clark Kent once again so that Lana Lang's character can shine above all.

She could have been empowered internally, which is what she should have been. The story in Power was not one of a woman taking self defense classes. It was a cross between GI Jane with Demi Moore and Kun Fu with David Carradine!

First we have a 100 pound woman sitting in a bath of ice water without getting hypothermia, then we are to believe that she lifts an iron anvil that is probably at least 600 degrees with her forearms without even batting an eyelash! Sorry, but the story was terrible. It was so over the top, so ridiculous, so far fetched that it was laughable at best.

What should have been written was a story telling perhaps of Lana doing some good soul searching, coming back a wiser, more mature woman, independent and self assured. We should have seen Clark and Lana becoming friends and parting as such, and that's all.

Sorry, but this was the worst episode ever. As far as bad taste goes, I disagree. I not only find it in good taste to remark on that aspect, but I am grateful that there is a voice to say to young girls out there that they need not change anything about themselves to be accepted. Be glad with who you are! That was Triplet's message. You've missed her entire point.

----- Added 6 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by BadToad
                    I don't know what KK's input was, or what she really thought about the story. All I know is that going out, stealing some experimental technology, then risking your life to have it grafted into your skin because you feel like this is the only way for you to do good in the world, or make a difference does not strike me as empowerment, or heroism. It strikes me as sad, and more then a little scary. In the context of this show, a character who feels like they deserve this sort of enhancement is a character to be wary of. That sense of entitlement smacks of Lex Luthor (who, BTW, would probably also tell you he was going to "protect the world" with it"). I would feel similarly if Chloe obtained it, Oliver obtained it, Lois obtained. ANY CHARACTER. So, again, this idea that Lana is all Super and wonderful and made of hearts and ponies, and rainbows just doesn't fly with me. She trains with some guys who used to torture Navy Seals to make them tough for a few months, and thats supposed to be all she needs to be able to handle this much power? I might've suggested at least that much time on a psychiatrists couch as well, so maybe she could figure out why she felt so inadequate being who and what she was.

So, given all that, I totally and completely agreed with the point Triplet made about the episode.

Personally, true heroism and empowerment of Lana *to me* would've been to see her comfortable in her own skin, honest and forthright in her intentions to Clark from the onset, and her making the final decision to walk away from SV not due to some external conditions. Now THATS empowerment, THATS positive, THATS growth, IMO.

Lana, the Super!Hero!, should never have been necessary if Lana the regular human was cool enough, and heroic enough all of her own. In the writers incessant need to make Lana better and shinier then everyone else, they in fact made her something less. JMO
                    Well said, BadToad, especially the part I bolded.
                    Last edited by Mickey_Bickey; 02-09-2009, 06:12 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

To be perfectly honest here, if that review was handed to me as an assignment in my class, a D would have been a knid grade. A good review sticks to the theme of the story presented, nothng else. It would be like me reviewing The Autobiography of Benjamin Franklin in my American lit survey class commenting contiunally that I don't like it, and the Ben Franklin was very promiscious anyway, so why bother. Yes, Ben was. I'm sure everybody knows that Ben's reputation with the French was based on his many love affairs while in France, not to mention being a member of the British Hellfire Club whose only pupose was to host a monthly orgy. Why bring that up, because this figure of American history and literature was not perfect; however, his Autobiography is still a seminal work in our literary history and deserves to be judged on its own merits. Which I do, despite the fact that I happen to not like it personally (something my classes are often shocked to discover later on).

As a reviewer, your job is to review the show based on what the writers, director, and even actors tried, or didn't try to portray at that moment in time. To bring up any outside activities is irrelevent and unnecessary to the review. Further, the review fails to look at the basic theme of the show and the episode. The show, from the start, was not just about Clark's journey, but Lex's journey and Lana's journey. The point of the episode was to begin to bring that journey to a close. However, that was not the only point.

In talking about any work that is based around heroic ideals, one has to base it on something that most people who study the heroic myth will stress time and time again. Let me quote her from Karen Armstrong's [i]A Short History of Myth[/], "The myth of the hero was not intended to provide us with icons to admire, but was designed to tap into the vein of heroism within ourselves. Myth must lead to imitation or participation, not passive contemplation." If we accept that statement in relation to this show, then we can ask were Lana's actions meant to show that from Clark she learned not to sit back and be the perpetual victim, but to take charge of her own life? Putting the suit on, gaining powers was, for her, an act of empowerment, not an act of a desperate woman trying to win back someone else's love. Did the message succeed. I'm not completely convinced, but partly because the story line was rushed to meet the needs of the moment--KK's contract running out. That is where the review should have been written around. Then as a reviewer you can make your opinion known in an informed way. And in that way, you felt you didn't like the episode, then fine.

In closing, I've been reading Superman comics longer than most people on this board have been alive. My collection bought off the racks at the time spans the 1950s to the present (Actually my Batman collection goes back to the forties, but they were acquired over the years at auctions and comic dealers). I grew up in the time when Superman and Superboy accounted for almost 1.5 million comics on average sold a year and were always in the top ten of sales, if not one and two respectively. Now sales of Buffy, The Vampire Slayer Season Eight outsells both Superman titles combined, and unless there is a special event, rarely does Superman break the top ten. However, I find the general tone on most message boards today to be absolutely not worth my time to even read anymore since some seem to take great delight in denigrating the actor over the character. Simplyfor most who claim to like Superman seem to engage in behavior that is un-Supermanlike. In fact, we haven't learned to imitate the myth of Superman, instead we hold him up as a sacred icon thus making him a dead myth. As a reviewer, your job is to see how that myth speaks to us today. What is the line at the end of The Dark Knight, something abour, not the hero we want, but the hero we need?

Comment

Triplet, I love your reviews.

Not because I always agree with them, because I don't, but because they always make me look at the episode from a different perspective which I think is a really good thing to do.

I don't agree with you for the vast majority of things on this episode, but your reasons are clearly stated, well written, and you always give us many reasons and examples for things which is great. Good work!

Comment

Originally posted by sjleone
                          To be perfectly honest here, if that review was handed to me as an assignment in my class, a D would have been a knid grade. A good review sticks to the theme of the story presented, nothng else. It would be like me reviewing The Autobiography of Benjamin Franklin in my American lit survey class commenting contiunally that I don't like it, and the Ben Franklin was very promiscious anyway, so why bother. Yes, Ben was. I'm sure everybody knows that Ben's reputation with the French was based on his many love affairs while in France, not to mention being a member of the British Hellfire Club whose only pupose was to host a monthly orgy. Why bring that up, because this figure of American history and literature was not perfect; however, his Autobiography is still a seminal work in our literary history and deserves to be judged on its own merits. Which I do, despite the fact that I happen to not like it personally (something my classes are often shocked to discover later on).

As a reviewer, your job is to review the show based on what the writers, director, and even actors tried, or didn't try to portray at that moment in time. To bring up any outside activities is irrelevent and unnecessary to the review. Further, the review fails to look at the basic theme of the show and the episode. The show, from the start, was not just about Clark's journey, but Lex's journey and Lana's journey. The point of the episode was to begin to bring that journey to a close. However, that was not the only point.

In talking about any work that is based around heroic ideals, one has to base it on something that most people who study the heroic myth will stress time and time again. Let me quote her from Karen Armstrong's [i]A Short History of Myth[/], "The myth of the hero was not intended to provide us with icons to admire, but was designed to tap into the vein of heroism within ourselves. Myth must lead to imitation or participation, not passive contemplation." If we accept that statement in relation to this show, then we can ask were Lana's actions meant to show that from Clark she learned not to sit back and be the perpetual victim, but to take charge of her own life? Putting the suit on, gaining powers was, for her, an act of empowerment, not an act of a desperate woman trying to win back someone else's love. Did the message succeed. I'm not completely convinced, but partly because the story line was rushed to meet the needs of the moment--KK's contract running out. That is where the review should have been written around. Then as a reviewer you can make your opinion known in an informed way. And in that way, you felt you didn't like the episode, then fine.

In closing, I've been reading Superman comics longer than most people on this board have been alive. My collection bought off the racks at the time spans the 1950s to the present (Actually my Batman collection goes back to the forties, but they were acquired over the years at auctions and comic dealers). I grew up in the time when Superman and Superboy accounted for almost 1.5 million comics on average sold a year and were always in the top ten of sales, if not one and two respectively. Now sales of Buffy, The Vampire Slayer Season Eight outsells both Superman titles combined, and unless there is a special event, rarely does Superman break the top ten. However, I find the general tone on most message boards today to be absolutely not worth my time to even read anymore since some seem to take great delight in denigrating the actor over the character. Simplyfor most who claim to like Superman seem to engage in behavior that is un-Supermanlike. In fact, we haven't learned to imitate the myth of Superman, instead we hold him up as a sacred icon thus making him a dead myth. As a reviewer, your job is to see how that myth speaks to us today. What is the line at the end of The Dark Knight, something abour, not the hero we want, but the hero we need?
                          Nice post , as always Steve!

Comment

Originally posted by sjleone

Amen to every word you said. Great post and wonderful insights. Thank you.

Comment

Triplet,
                              Your review started out very strangely, but improved near the end when you got back to actually reviewing the episode. There was no need to attack Kristin personally. Many of her fans are highly offended that you did that.

I can tell from what you wrote that your own biases against Lana & Clana greatly colored your interpretation of the episode & caused you to greatly misinterpret the story the writers are telling. I'll add these thoughts:

Various thoughts on Power:

In the flashback, we saw Lana escape from her captors & go directly to Carter. This implies that she had previously been planning to search for him to undergo training, before she'd ever been incapacitated by Brainiac. This plan might have even been conceived as far back as when she faked her death. Maybe the induced coma, plus being forced to make the tape for Clark & then getting kidnapped just solidified her determination to move ahead with the plan, which maybe she had hesitated to do previously.

When she left Carter, she contacted Dr. Groll, taped their communication, and hid that at ISIS - which is when Chloe bumped into her.

I think Lana believed she couldn't be with Clark, that she was holding him back from becoming all he could be. She continued to believe this, even while continuing her training & planning to steal the Prometheus suit. I think when Clark came to her at the Talon and said "What about what WE need" she had an epiphany. I think she suddenly realized that Clark NEEDS her, needs love, her love, to sustain him in order to keep doing what he needs to do. I think she realized that she's NOT just a distraction to him, but that she's what motivates him to be a hero.

At that point, she apparently realized that being with Clark just might be a fringe benefit of her putting on the suit. From her conversation with Chloe, we know that she DID plan to tell Clark about it after she had done it. Maybe some part of her always harbored a hope that once she was in the suit, that maybe there would be a chance for her and Clark to be together, if he wanted that. But her primary motivation was to get out of Lex's clutches, and deprive him of the ability to ever use the suit. By using it herself, instead of destroying it, she got Dr. Groll to her side, away from Lex. If she had just destroyed it, Groll could have built a new one for Lex. From some episode way back, we know that Groll tried to get away from Lex, & was probably being blackmailed into helping him now. Groll took a huge risk to use the suit on Lana & claim it was Lex's orders. Maybe Groll assumed Lana would use it to kill Lex, thus solving his own problem as well. Otherwise, I'm sure Lex would follow through on whatever threats he made to entice Groll to work for him.

I think another reason Lana wanted to use the suit was so that Clark would stop being so worried about HER & be free to focus more on helping the rest of the world. She figured if she could take care of herself, Clark would stop worrying about her safety.

Her final reason to use the suit was her own desire to be able to do something significant to stop evil in the world, all on her own. This opportunity was something that she was in a unique position to take advantage of. Who else could pull it off & provide the world with another hero? Who else even knew about it? Lana was the one on the inside, who knew what Lex was up to. She feels an obligation to the world to stop Lex and people like him. I think she feels that fate or circumstances have placed her in a unique position to be able to thwart Lex's every move, not out of hatred or revenge, but out of a sense of duty to the world. Life has led her here; she chooses to make the most of it for the betterment of the world. And thus, her mother's prediction comes true: "I never made a difference here; but maybe my children can..."

----- Added 27 Minutes later -----

Especially this part...

"Confidence, contentedness, strong sense of self..." those are all traits that were reflective of Lana's character during her final arc imo. She did not "change" for Clark. There are so many examples, which emphasizes this, but for some reason they were completely ignored or left out in this review. Lana had had enough of the victim role and became self empowered. It is no different than a woman seeking a "self-defense class" after being attacked. Of course in the realm of Smallville everything is heightened, but it is the same form of a woman empowering herself. Kristin also adds "that what the writers came up with was interesting and surprising"< we can speculate all day and all night as to what the writers intentions were, how they differed with kk or how they were similar, and who's ideas weighed heavily in the final cut. That is why placing the burden of the episode on KK and "judging" kk is so wrong! Not only because the storyline did in fact portray positive elements, but because like I said it is of bad taste to question the actor's integrity because a reviewer didn't like the storyline. Poor taste.
                              I second that. Couldn't have said it better, boingo.
                              Last edited by SVsleuth; 02-09-2009, 11:05 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

I thought it was an excellent review, and I didn't feel that it was disrespectful to Kristin. She was just confused about the form this storyline took, given Kristin's input and the good work she is doing off-screen herself, trying to empower young girls.

I think the writers and Kristin's input on this storyline were coming from a good place, but somewhere along the way, something was lost in the translation.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎