No announcement yet.

Triplet's review is on the News page

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Triplet's review is on the News page

Triplet already posted her review for this episode. It's really interesting and she made very good points.

power is now my least favorite episode of all time

Comment

I love the review. She sums up everything I hated about Power perfectly

Comment

Thanks, I'm glad you guys liked it.

However, I'm getting some mixed reactions in PM and in comments to my user page.

*shrug*

I thought what I thought, it doesn't mean I don't like Lana or hated the Clark/Lana relationship, I don't hate Lana, and I (for the most part) didn't have a problem with their relationship.

I just try to be honest and it's honestly how I feel about the episode.

Comment

Triplet, you have every single right to post your review according to how you felt about the episode. I always enjoy reading your review, even if I don't entirely agree, because I understand that you are expressing how you feel about the episode.

Comment

1.5?

I acutally liked "Power" (I'm a little bit embaressed to say, since everyboyd else hated it)
            It was an entertaining episode, but still my least favorite episode of this season.

One thing I really hated though and can't get over that they did: Clana kiss on DP rooftop, what the @$£€ where they thinking???, that's clois territory!

Comment

Originally posted by BadToad
              Triplet, you have every single right to post your review according to how you felt about the episode. I always enjoy reading your review, even if I don't entirely agree, because I understand that you are expressing how you feel about the episode.
              It's weird....

Why do I get flack for saying what I think sometimes? Isn't the point of a review?

I'm used to it by now, I've been doing this for awhile, so it shouldn't surprise me what anyone says....

I think some think because I'm the site reviewer means I feel my opinion is more valid or carries more weight than theirs. I don't. My opinion is what it is, an opinion, others very well will feel differently about it and they do.

Some people think this episode was worse than I did. While others think that this is the perfect build up to the perfect ending to Clark and Lana's relationship...

*shrug*

To each his own.

I still have to finish my Requiem review, but as for this episode: I don't agree that what they did here was a good thing for either Lana or for Clark.

Comment

Triplet , I´m new on this boards and discovered your reviews in "Legion".I liked very much the review and then I started reading them all since "arrival".Congratulations because ,despite sometimes I disagree with you (in power for example), your points of view always seem objective.

Comment

I liked Power until I saw Requiem. Because I thought Power would be the build-up for the last down fall. I was hoping things would come out right in the end, but they didn't. Because, while Lana finally was faced with the consequences of her own mistakes, she parted as a hero-martyr. She made some very wrong choices in this arc, but those weren't acknowledged by her or by the others.

Comment

I disagree with the entire review, but that is not surprising. However, I didn't come out of lurkdom to discuss biases/opinions about a fictional character or storyline...over it.
                    What did impulse me to post is the complete disrespect and questioning of morals geared towards Kristin Kreuk which was completely uncalled for. You don't like Lana, fine but to criticize Kristin and her positive work in GBD, which is obviously something dear to her heart is low.

Lana's character did leave in a positive heroic fashion and not the way 'you' have deemed it to be, but I am not surprised you twisted and interpreted everything Lana related differently. Nothing new and to be honest not that big of a deal in the whole scheme of things....BUT to attack Kristin herself and questioning her principles...what gives you the right? How dare you do that? I don't care if you have issues with a fictional character or a fictional story on a tv show, but to slander Kristin's name (a real life person) and her time and efforts in GBD is just uncalled for and very disrespectful to the "real life" actress...I need to stop before I seriously go off...
                    Last edited by boingo; 02-09-2009, 12:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by boingo
                      I disagree with the entire review, but that is not surprising. However, I didn't come out of lurkdom to discuss biases/opinions about a fictional character or storyline...over it.
                      What did impulse me to post is the complete disrespect and questioning of morals geared towards Kristin Kreuk which was completely uncalled for. You don't like Lana, fine but to criticize Kristin and her positive work in GBD, which is obviously something dear to her heart is low.

Lana's character did leave in a positive heroic fashion and not the way 'you' have deemed it to be, but I am not surprised you twisted and interpreted everything Lana related differently. Nothing new and to be honest not that big of a deal in the whole scheme of things....BUT to attack Kristin herself and questioning her principles...what gives you the right? How dare you do that? I don't care if you have issues with a fictional character or a fictional story on a tv show, but to slander Kristin's name (a real life person) and her time and efforts in GBD is just uncalled for and very disrespectful to the "real life" actress...I need to stop before I seriously go off...
                      boingo, I couldn't agree with you more. I really wasn't going to waste time commenting about this review because it was wrong on so many levels of interpretation, but I cannot let this go without a comment.

What Kristin does with GirlsByDesign has NOTHING to do with Smallville, to even make a reference to it and make some inference of Kristin's principles is disingenuous and inappropriate!

Your reviews are YOUR opinions....."*shrug*".....yet, making a personal negative statement of the actress herself discredits your opinion as nothing more than bashing! This review is deplorable, and a revision should be something the "reviewer" should consider!

Comment

interesting analysis Triplet

Comment

Originally posted by boingo

When did I question Kristin's morals?

I said that I found it hard to believe that a woman that would dedicate a good deal of her free time to helping teen girls with their self-esteem (which I believe is the goal of Girls by Design) would actually approve of this storyline.

I have my own thoughts about GBD itself, but I find it hard to believe she would actually like this storyline and the way it shaped up.

Seriously.

This is the sole paragraph I have on Kristin and GBD:

Is this the message that Kristin wanted to send about Lana's role in Clark's life? She reportedly had input of some kind into the story. Is the woman who founded Girls by Design, an organization designed to help empower girls, really trying to tell young women that the only way to earn the love from another is to change who you are?
                          Maybe I didn't make my confusion clear, but my point was to say that I didn't think she would want to send this particular message....

I wonder what might have changed.

I can't think that Kristin liked the way this ended up anymore than poor Sam Jones liked his return episode being turned into a shill for Stride Gum in Hero.

Comment

Hi Triplet,

First of all thank you for reviewing these episodes. I always enjoy reading them. After reading this review for Power, I have to completely agree with the rating you gave it. It was the worst of the worst for me for so many reasons that were listed in your review and for many that weren't.

As far as your statements regarding the message that was being sent to young viewers across the world, I agreed with every single word of it. Not only do I think it was appropriate to touch upon this in your review, but I think it was responsible of you. I too don't like any message that conveys that girls need to change to be loved and accepted. KK had a lot of input in this arc as stated in her interview, and the way Lana Lang was portrayed in this episode doesn't solely fall back on the writers alone. I think any role model needs to be mindful of the types of roles they play as well as how they are depicted. Being true to yourself is the most important thing one can learn. So, thank you for that message!

I have to say I was disappointed in AM's choices for this episode. The only real scene I thought was riveting was when Tess murdered Regan. It could have been straight out of Good Fellas. I also thought Tom Welling's acting was off in this episode. I've seen a lot better from him in the past. Actually, I felt that you could have copied and pasted his scenes from prior seasons directly into this episode.

I'm curious as to why you "really didn't like the last scene". You never really elaborated on that much. I personally am a huge Superman fan, and that last scene was a disgrace on so many levels. I don't know who ultimately was responsible for having Lana Lang and Clark Kent share a kiss atop the DP, but they should offer an explanation of some sort. It was truly an act of blatant disregard for the whole Superman/Lois Lane relationship. Very disapponting.

Again, thank you, and I'll look forward to reading your review of Requiem.
                            Last edited by Mickey_Bickey; 02-09-2009, 03:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by suzieQ
                              boingo, I couldn't agree with you more. I really wasn't going to waste time commenting about this review because it was wrong on so many levels of interpretation, but I cannot let this go without a comment.

What Kristin does with GirlsByDesign has NOTHING to do with Smallville, to even make a reference to it and make some inference of Kristin's principles is disingenuous and inappropriate!

Your reviews are YOUR opinions....."*shrug*".....yet, making a personal negative statement of the actress herself discredits your opinion as nothing more than bashing! This review is deplorable, and a revision should be something the "reviewer" should consider!
                              I wasn't getting personal.

I only mentioned GBD since I think it's relevant for this review because the episode seems to go against what she seems to think is important...

I don't hate Kristin, maybe I'm not her biggest fan, but I wasn't trying to bash her at all in what I said.

----- Added 8 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by Mickey_Bickey
                              Hi Triplet,

First of all thank you for reviewing these episodes. I always enjoy reading them. After reading this review for Power, I have to completely agree with the rating you gave it. It was the worst of the worst for me for so many reasons that were listed in your review and for many that weren't.

As far as your statements regarding the message that was being sent to young viewers across the world, I agreed with every single word of it. Not only do I think it was appropriate to touch upon this in your review, but I think it was responsible of you. I too don't like any message that conveys that girls need to change to be loved and accepted. KK had a lot of input in this arc as stated in her interview. I think any role model needs to be mindful of the types of roles they play as well as how they are depicted. Being true to yourself is the most important thing one can learn. So, thank you for that message!

I have to say I was disappointed in AM's choices for this episode. The only real scene I thought was riveting when Tess murdered Regan. It could have been straight out of Good Fellas. I also thought Tom Welling's acting was off in this episode. I've seen a lot better from him in the past. Actually, I felt that you could have copied and pasted his scenes from prior seasons directly into this episode.

I'm curious as to why you "really didn't like the last scene". You never really elaborated on that much. I personally am a huge Superman fan, and that last scene was a disgrace on so many levels. I don't know who ultimately was responsible for having Lana Lang and Clark Kent share a kiss atop the DP, but they should offer an explanation of some sort. It was truly an act of blatant disregard for the whole Superman/Lois Lane relationship. Very disapponting.

Again, thank you, and I'll look forward to reading your review of Requiem.
                              The last scene just seemed forced to me.

It was over done too, the speech of Lana's was too much and it just went on too long.

I didn't like it much at all except for how Glen shot it.

However, I don't think anything belongs to just Clark and Lois like where he kisses a girl.

Given what happens next on that rooftop in Requiem, I think the kiss actually worked pretty well in a larger context...
                              Last edited by triplet; 02-09-2009, 03:34 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎