View Poll Results: Please rate Requium according to your gender

Voters
265. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm a female that really liked it.

25 9.43%
  • I'm a female that thought it was okay.

19 7.17%
  • I'm a female that didn't like it so much.

27 10.19%
  • I'm a female that hated it.

79 29.81%
  • I'm a male that really liked it.

30 11.32%
  • I'm a male that thought it was okay.

29 10.94%
  • I'm a male that didn't like it so much.

13 4.91%
  • I'm a male that hated it.

43 16.23%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Male and thought it was ok.

This is a good poll by the way. Maybe this is something that we can repeat after every episode? It's always interesting to see the break down on how gender view the episodes.

female or male, the majority that voted on this poll whatched it and hated it. That tells it all.

Its interesting, the girls seem to have almost an exponential curve favoritng hate where as the guys are all over the place...

I AM the villain. redkryptoniteisthebest's Avatar
    I'm a guy, and I definitely didn't think this was a chick episode. I'm not gonna lie, I nearly cried at the end.

Banned
    I am a female and I loved it!

Im a female that hated it. Judging by the breakdown, guess they misfired if they were trying to appeal to women. As a feminist myself there was not much to be proud of in this episode. Lana scheming and manipulating to be Lex's equal, and gaining power to be Clarks did not scream girl power to me. For Lana, being equal meant being exactly like the males she admired. She constantly changed to be like them. That is not empowering....If they were looking to make Lana equal the characters of Clark or Lex, they should have shown Lana's character finding her own way and shining in her own elements, not having her become like Clark or Lex. You don't have to have superpowers or be a superschemer in order to have a great destiny. I cannot say it enough, these last two episodes were a MAJOR FAIL.
    Last edited by Mrs. Superman; 02-22-2009 at 01:48 PM.

Incurable Postaholic lifelovedestiny's Avatar
    I'm a female that HATED it. And not all because I'm a Cloiser, well that's a lot of the reason, but also I just didn't like it overall, it was weird. I don't care for dark Ollie, and I hated that Clark didn't break up with Lana!

I'm a male and I came close to tears.....because it was so painful to watch this P.O.S.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Superman View Post
    Im a female that hated it. Judging by the breakdown, guess they misfired if they were trying to appeal to women. As a feminist myself there was not much to be proud of in this episode. Lana scheming and manipulating to be Lex's equal, and gaining power to be Clarks did not scream girl power to me. For Lana, being equal meant being exactly like the males she admired. She constantly changed to be like them. That is not empowering....If they were looking to make Lana equal the characters of Clark or Lex, they should have shown Lana's character finding her own way and shining in her own elements, not having her become like Clark or Lex. You don't have to have superpowers or be a superschemer in order to have a great destiny. I cannot say it enough, these last two episodes were a MAJOR FAIL.

I'm sorry for disagreeing with you on this... but the whole Lana trying to be equals to Lex or to Clark is all about Empowerment. She can't be better than either of them on the level that they are. Lex is a serious master mind with no minds close to competing to him and Clark's powers speaks for itself. Lana's decisions in this season was mearely a way to redeem herself for her past actions in season 7... in which I always found her to be cryptic. She always had it in for the Luthers and always in some ways resented Clark for being the hero when he he seemed like he didnt want to be. After she had his powers the first time, she seemed convinced she needed ot have them again. Lana's character was always the "Speak high and act low" type of mentality where she says she wants to do something and ends up not doing it out of fear. For the first time she actually seemed more ballsy than ever!

Im a male and I hated it

Lana pretty much stole Clarks stones and put em in her purse laughing and skipping out of the barn.

It will take a lot of work to restore Clark to where he was before this mess

I'm a male that really liked it. Only because i put lanas powers aside and enjoyed every other part.

Settling In
    I am a female who really liked the episode. I did not feel that Lana chose to wear the Prometheus suit because she was power hungry or scheming to try to be equal to Lex or Clark. Lana knew that the technology could not end up in Lex's hands because of the harm that he could inflict on others. Having once had Clark's powers, maybe she saw the potential to enhance her own abilities to help people even more than she normally would be able to. It’s true that she could have simply destroyed the technology, but maybe she didn’t want something that could be used to help so many people to be wasted. She knows that whoever wears the suit could be a threat to Clark and knows that if she were to wear the suit that she would not only be able to do good on a much larger scale than she normally would but would not have to worry about it being used to harm Clark. If the technology had been used by someone else, Lana would have no way of ensuring that it would be used for good and that it would not be used against Clark. Maybe that’s why she wanted to wear it herself. Many people aspire to positions of power in business, politics, the military, etc., not because they are power hungry but because they want to help people in a larger capacity. It seemed to me that Lana chose to wear the suit because it is how she wanted to good in this world. We may disagree about whether or not it was the best thing that she could have done with her life, but it was her choice. I thought they tried to make it very clear that she wanted the suit so that she could "imprint this stamp of positivity on the world" as Carter said. Indeed, Irma in Legion verifies that Lana does use her powers for good. Lana herself tells Tess that she did not put the suit on for protection but so that she could do good in the world. I think the writers tried to show that she has learned from her mistakes and has searched her heart and motivations and worked to prepare herself for the responsibility and sacrifices that come with wearing the suit. I do feel that she has learned from her mistakes in the past and wants to focus her life on helping to make the world a better place.

In the end, she could not have known how Lex would take out his revenge on both her and Clark. She will be able to go on and do much good in the world, but she will have paid a high personal cost that she could not have anticipated. I thought the ending scene between them was very well done and heartbreaking.

Quote Originally Posted by jlbtjb316 View Post
    In the end, she could not have known how Lex would take out his revenge on both her and Clark. She will be able to go on and do much good in the world, but she will have paid a high personal cost that she could not have anticipated. I thought the ending scene between them was very well done and heartbreaking.

Agreed fully! I think the scene was done in so much emotion and they played it so well their roles.

Banned
    How is this thread not a hate thread when the poll is catered to those that hate the episode, primarily because it's about Clark and Lana. And I'm not suprised by the result.

Where was the "I'm a ... and I loved this episode."?

I loved the episode because it honored the the heart of this show but gave Lana a reason to leave Smallville. It's was sad, beautiful, and promising. I couldn't have asked for a more appropriate and postive ending for Clana, because it left so many possibilites for them in the future.
    Last edited by Snowfire; 03-10-2009 at 09:21 PM.

I belong to the XX, and i thought it was ok. just ok. the end

~K

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast