Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Arthur/Gwen Relationship Thread

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh I adore Gwen! I was more Gwen/Merlin than Gwen/Arthur for most of the season though.

That second scene in "Le Morte d'Arthur" is delicious. I watched it over and over and over and over and... LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by ginnyfan
      Oh I adore Gwen! I was more Gwen/Merlin than Gwen/Arthur for most of the season though.

That second scene in "Le Morte d'Arthur" is delicious. I watched it over and over and over and over and... LOL!
      Well the show was selling Merlin/Gwen in the beginning and then somewhere in the middle they switched gears. So even though everyone is familiar with Arthur and Guinevere, the Arthur/Gwen on this show came as something of a surprise.

I wasn't an Arwen shipper either until they gave me something to ship. The way he says her name is a lovely bonus.

The finale was definitely set up for some development in season two, I'm pretty sure and I loved it too because it was more than him saying her name or her getting flustured (as she did in Moment of Truth) but there was some flirting coming from Arthur.

I've watched their two scenes from Le Morte probably a hundred times by now.

Comment

Hee! Yes the faith she has in Arthur is really lovely. I think she'd given him a couple of other pep talks before the one in Le Morte. The one right after her father died where she says something about the kind of king he'll be was really... powerful. I mean it was probably too short to be a pep talk but... that she still had faith in him in the face of her tragedy.

But yeah he's definitely flirting. I like the way he wants her to repeat what she said. I mean on one hand it really was encouraging and helped him pull through but on the other it's his old arrogance, wanting his ego stroked. Her insistence that she totally doesn't remember is so cute! She's blushing the whole time I'll bet. It gets me giggling, and Arthur it tickled by it too. Gwen's vehement denials never get old. She'll deny something right after she's done it! LOL!

Comment

gwen/arthur!!!!

i think the coolest thing is the whole love oversteps boundaries like status - hes the heir to the throne, shes a serving girl - very romantic lol

and also hes just a tad good looking lol

i like merlin/gwen but to be honest its a better friendship!

cannot wait till the us gets it and the cast get to go big time xx
          Last edited by ooglebug; 04-20-2009, 12:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ooglebug
            cannot wait till the us gets it and the cast get to go big time xx

It is suppose to be airing on NBC this June.

I've already seen all of the first season online but I'm going to watch it again on NBC for sure. It is the kind of series you can watch over and over.

You should see how Bradley James (Arthur) and Angel Coulby (Gwen/Guinevere) get along off set, they tease eachother in a wonderful way.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

The best Brad/Angel part is 5:26 - 6:18

Angel: How's it going Bradley? So, tell us about today.

Bradley: How do you think it's going, ANGEL?

Angel: How was the fighting?

Bradley: How do you think it was, ANGEL?

Angel: I see what you mean about me being a little better at this than you. Go on, how was it? Tell them. They want to know, their desperate! THEY WANT TO KNOW!

Bradley: It was, it was just complete and utter euphoria from start to finish. It was like the greatest moment of my life.

Angel: *giggles* Was it?!

Bradley: All rolled into one day.

Angel: Wow! Bloody Hell, that's pretty good.

Bradley: You're swearing, again! What is wrong with you?!

Angel: I'm really amazed you noticed, with how much you swear.

Bradley: Uh, not me . . .

Angel: Bloomin' Heck.

Bradley: Because I don't swear.

Angel: Ohh, you're so good. You're such an . . . angel.

Bradley: Yes. I am. If our names were actually a representation of who we are . .

Angel: *gasp*

Bradley: Then I'd be called Angel . . .

Angel: And what would I be called?

Bradley: And she'd be called . . . she'd be called . . . Hussy.
            It is just soo different from the Arthur/Gwen stuff, though Brad isn't too far removed from the prince in so far as behavior but Angel really is very saucy and self assured where Gwen is more meek and mild. However you can see how they have a great chemistry off set that towards the end of the season bled through onto the screen, especially that last scene in 'Le'Morte' where Arthur is teasing her and she pretends not to know what he is talking about.

I love them so!

Comment

Oh thanks for sharing the link to the diaries. I hadn't seen them. LOL! Hilarious.

Comment

Thanks to the rec of dustmite (on her lj), I watched the 10 and I totally fell in love with this pairing. I watched then the whole and Gwen & arthur are really a great (and original *despite the legend*) match. This pairing is really promising and refreshing, can't wait the serie II. (it's really long *sniff*)
                well, there are the diaries (so fun to watch!!!! especially the angel/bradley parts and the "je m'appelle Angel, je suis loser") and the dvds and other bonus!!!!

here a picture: Guess who is behind this cape? ^^
                http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/5097/merlin19.jpg

Last edited by kyra04; 05-06-2009, 06:36 AM.

Comment

Oh my gosh! Is that Guinevere . . . in a gown? WOW! She looks so pretty!

Where did you find that photo? Are there more? It looks like it might be from series/season two.

Comment

source is written on the photo.
                    yeah, it's during the shooting of serie II
                    Last edited by kyra04; 05-06-2009, 02:57 AM.

Comment

Thanks again for that lovely pic of Guinevere, Merlin and I'm guessing that is Arthur there.

I just can't get over that pretty dress they have her in.

I'm really hoping for more Arthur/Gwen interaction next series/season.

Comment

Thanks for letting me use that Gwen image to make an avatar, I still have my Bliss one up, but this summer Gwen will be sitting pretty there.

I wonder why they are pretty-ing her up, so to speak. I mean she has always been pretty but she just looks WOW in the purple dress. I'm pretty sure I can put this here, since it isn't spoiling anything other than Guinevere being gorgeous.

Hopefully it's because she'll be more of a love interest in season/series two. I don't want the ships to move along too fast but I'm really keen on having more Arwen interaction for sure. September seems so far away! :*(
                        Last edited by LovelyLoisLane; 05-05-2009, 02:37 PM.

Comment

great icon^^
                          I like this color on her. she is lovely. purple will be certainly her new season color (like the yellow/red for serie I)
                          can't wait for season II and more Arwen interaction !!! the waiting is horrible!!

Comment

lancelot

Hopefully Lancelot will return! it will be great to tease Arthur...just a little
                            -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
                            Vote on this Merlin on BBC poll: Which couple do you prefer?[forget about the folklore] (250785)
                            Last edited by uma2009; 06-11-2009, 05:07 AM.

Comment

So are Arthur and Gwen going to sneak around behind Giles's back until he's dead? That would actually be kind of funny.

Though I hope Merlin doesn't get thrown in the stocks, if he has to cover for Arthur.
                              Last edited by harryandginnyfanatic; 06-11-2009, 02:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by harryandginnyfanatic
                                So are Arthur and Gwen going to sneak around behind Giles's back until he's dead? That would actually be kind of funny.

Though I hope Merlin doesn't get thrown in the stocks, if he has to cover for Arthur.

I have a feeling there won't be anything concrete in series two, but some building moments. The youngsters are certainly out and about on adventures enough.

So probably it will be when they are away from the eyes of the court that most of that development will take place. Of course, I'm just guessing.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎