Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which departure from Smallville was the saddest?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jonathan's death for sure. i've not seen lana's last scene from requiem- but i really doubt it's sadder than the death of his father

Comment

• Jonathan's death, with Lana next. So sad for Clark

Comment

• Jonathan's death was to saddest for me..

Comment

• Jonathan's death.

Comment

• Jonathan's death never really bothered me. I was never a big fan of the character, as most of the time I saw him as a stubborn jerk. The saddest part for me was the effect it had on Martha, which Annette O'Toole portrayed very well. Otherwise, I was glad to see him go and I thought it actually propelled Clark's character forward.

The saddest departure for me would have to be Lionel. Such a fantastic character, wonderfully played by the amazing John Glover. There are points for most of the characters where I just can't stand them, but I can't think of ever having a moment like that with Lionel/Glover. He was always so great, especially in scenes with Lex/Rosenbaum. I was truly sad to see him go, but I could understand the reason for it.

Second would be Lana's departure in "Requiem." The episode itself is pretty lame, but that final scene between Lana and Clark is beautiful, and so well acted by Kristin and Tom. They both gave it their all in that scene and it was heart wrenching to see him try to kiss her through his pain and her tearing herself away. The scene can't redeem the episode, but luckily I can easily just watch that scene on DVD. As a side note, I still think they need to bring Lana back once more, like around the series finale. They can't just leave her as Super Lana. I would like to see her come back, having found a way to get rid of the kryptonite, but having her and Clark realize that they are no longer on the same path and can just be friends. That'd be nice.

Comment

• Honestly I think Alicia's death was the saddest by far with Jonathan Kent @ a very close second. Though Jonathan had a better send off than Alicia. Lionel's definatley comes in 3rd. After 7 seasons it was actually sad to see him go as well.

Lana on the other hand, while it was a touching scene it really isn't anything to shed a tear over. I could go on and on with her and Clark's relationship over the years so her departure was a blessing in disguise.
              Last edited by BigT; 03-16-2010, 10:35 AM.

Comment

• Lex!

Comment

• Jonathan's death for sure and his funeral as well as the goodbye video.
                  I think Lana's goodbye in Requiem was real sad too though. With the melody and I think Tom and Kristin did a great job.
                  But Jonathan's death always makes me teary eyed that's for sure. Changed the whole show!

Comment

• Johnathon's was the saddest.

I hardly ever cry over shows/moves, but the bye bye video made me tear up

Comment

• Jonathan's death (I cry with the bye bye video in Vengeance), but Alicia's death was sad too!

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎