View Poll Results: So after the conclusion of the Lana arc, who would you say was "X"?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lana

8 14.29%
  • Chloeiac

18 32.14%
  • A combo of both Lana & Chloeiac

2 3.57%
  • No idea.....

28 50.00%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Gone

So who is X:The final installment.

So we will probably have to play the guessing game to find out who he is.PS3 last night recovered so many old Clark and Lana memories but they have yet to explain to us some things that have happend duing their tenure.Who is X is one of them.Another one is Oliver killing in cold blood all the while he was lecturing Clark in Bulletproof about the same thing.

I'm still wondering who were the guys that kidnapped Gina and presumably murdered her

Gone
    We saw that guy again in Sleeper and Quest.He was the accomplice of Edward Teague who was looking to protect the secret of the traveler.The reason why i say that this is the final installment is bacause i thought the X storyline had ties with Lex.With him out of the picture(presumably until MR comes back) so is the story.

Now that the Lana arc is over, was she really "X"?

After seeing the Lana arc conclude in Requiem, there's something that I just don't understand:

Who the hell was X?

In Bulletproof & Power, it seemed like Lana was watching Tess for a while and knew what she was up to, and obviously, what Lex did to her. We know that Tess received a message in Instinct from "X" saying that she wasn't ready yet after the crystal that forms the FOS disappeared.

My question is, based on what we learned in Bulletproof & Power, is "X" from the message in Instinct supposed to be Lana? Because this doesn't make sense.

In Power, it was shown that Lana was on a quest to be put through tests where her tolerance/threshold to pain was increased so she could become more like Clark. We also saw how she found out about Lex's "suit" and wanted to get it before Lex could.

In the meantime, things were going on in Smallville & Metropolis. Tess has the crystal, experimented with it, resulting in Maxima's appearance, and then lost it.

If Lana was away, increasing her threshold for pain, how could she have stolen the crystal? In Power, she did make a temporary stop in Metropolis when Chloe found her snooping around the Isis heater. But that was regarding the suit, as the contents of the safe proved, later in the events of Power.

Going back to the crystal---it suddenly showed up in Bloodline in a box at the Kent Farm. Clark opened it with Lois next to him, and upon touching it, was transported with Lois to the Phantom Zone. What gives? If Lana was "X", then it would mean that she reprogrammed the crystal to send Clark to the Phantom Zone. Why would she do that, and how would she learn to do reprogram alien technology?

Power showed that Lana's attention was focused 100% on finding the suit and stopping Lex. Something is really amiss here.

My opinion is that Brainiac was the one who stole the crystal in Instinct and was therefore "X". Here are all the signs:

1. Chloe was informed of the crystal in that episode by Tess

2. Chloe was inhabited by Brainiac in that episode

3. Combining #1 & #2 above, Brainiac would know where to find the crystal

3. Chloe, with Brainiac's intelligence, had the ability to reprogram the crystal

4. Brainiac, who in Instinct was in Chloe, had a motive to send Clark to the Phantom Zone, because regardless, his disappearance was favorable for Davis/Doomsday (whether or not Faora being freed was a pre-meditated goal or just a circumstance)

5. Sending the crystal in a box is something that Brainiac did in the past with the "silver kryptonite" in Splinter

6. The crystal was the elementary piece of the FOS, and as we saw later in Abyss, Brainiac had plans for the FOS, so even if Clark didn't return from the FOS, Chloeiac could have been the one to rebuild the FOS in Brainaic's style

So based on all these signs/facts, I just can't agree that Lana was "X". I would have to say it was Chloe, or at best a combination of Chloe and Lana. By the latter, I mean that Lana could have been spying on what Chloe/Chloeiac was up to at Isis and knew that she stole the crystal and used this knowledge to taunt Tess by sending her that message; implying that Tess not being ready was her lack of knowledge regarding what Lex did to her. But this is somewhat farfetched.

So I would still say that Chloeiac was X. My only question is, why would Chloeiac send Tess an email like that? It didn't seem like she had plans for Tess. Unless they never came to fruition based on what happened to Brainiac.

It's still weird. Lana being "X" doesn't add up because the motives of the crystal's theft don't make sense if Lana stole it. Chloe being "X" doesn't add up regarding the motives of why she sent Tess that email. This is what made me propose that "X" is actually a Lana-Chloeiac combo, but that seems too farfetched.

Banned
    Lana's trainer was part of Tess' team, so he could perfectly steal the crystal for Lana.

I thought Lex and whoever saved him from the Arctic was "X". The person that had saved him must've then had some sort of alien background to know the technology. Since I doubt they're going to go into that, I would agree with you that Chloeiac was "X".

I think it's Chloeiac. She sees Tess has crystal, next thing you know, it's gone! Hm...

Besides, as a few others have pointed out, sending the crystal to Clark was a good way to release Faora to push Doomsday to his evolutionary business. Seems like something Brainiac would do.

Quote Originally Posted by Timester View Post
    Lana's trainer was part of Tess' team, so he could perfectly steal the crystal for Lana.
    Yeah, but what about reprogramming it? Nobody but Brainaic had the ability to do that. Based on how Chloe killed Sebastian, there's some debate that Brainiac's pure logic-based traits influenced Chloe to do something she normally would have and could have influenced her to do other things in her daily life.

As far as reprogramming---the motives fit Brainiac.

As far as sending the message---the motives fit Lana.

This is what doesn't make sense.

Banned
    Talk about a plothole

When they have something big like the "X" plot to create all the buzz that it did after Instinct aired, they should have made sure that the plot following didn't have any holes and made sense.

I think that it's either Brainiac, Lex or a combination of both. If Lana had anything to do with it, it would've come out in her arc. I also don't see how Lana could get her hands on the FOS crystal. That crystal came from the Arctic and Lana was nowhere near there. Lex and his team were.

i first thought Lex, now i'm pretty sure it's Lana!

~H

Quote Originally Posted by myankskent View Post
    I think that it's either Brainiac, Lex or a combination of both. If Lana had anything to do with it, it would've come out in her arc. I also don't see how Lana could get her hands on the FOS crystal. That crystal came from the Arctic and Lana was nowhere near there. Lex and his team were.
    Actually the crystal was pulled out of the Arctic and Tess had it. She even showed it to Clark in Instinct, and asked for Chloe's help in cracking the code, since the crystal itself was a computer. But sometime offscreen in Instinct, it disappeared and then later reappeared in a box left at the Kent Farm in Bloodline. When Clark touched it, it sent him & Lois to the Phantom Zone.

All this makes me think it was Chloeiac (Brainiac-in-Chloe) who stole it in Instinct and reprogrammed it to send Clark to the Phantom Zone.

The crystal was the elemental piece of the Fortress of Solitude. Brainiac in Solitude was able to manipulate the FOS to open a portal to the Phantom Zone based on the programming in the black crystal that Clark was tricked into inserting. So we know that Brainiac has a history of manipulating the FOS (which the crystal is a part of) to open portals to the Phantom Zone, so I'm guessing he did the same with the crystal, which trapped Clark in the Phantom Zone in Bloodline.

So I think Chloeiac stole the crystal offscreen in Instinct and reprogrammed it offscreen just before the events of Bloodline and left it at the Kent Farm in that episode just like he left the silver-k at Lana's dorm in Splinter.

Here are the reasons I gave in my original post (before it was merged with another thread):

1. Chloe was informed of the crystal in that episode by Tess

2. Chloe was inhabited by Brainiac in that episode

3. Combining #1 & #2 above, Brainiac would know where to find the crystal

3. Chloe, with Brainiac's intelligence, had the ability to reprogram the crystal

4. Brainiac, who in Instinct was in Chloe, had a motive to send Clark to the Phantom Zone, because regardless, his disappearance was favorable for Davis/Doomsday (whether or not Faora being freed was a pre-meditated goal or just a circumstance)

5. Sending the crystal in a box is something that Brainiac did in the past with the "silver kryptonite" in Splinter

6. The crystal was the elementary piece of the FOS, and as we saw later in Abyss, Brainiac had plans for the FOS, so even if Clark didn't return from the FOS, Chloeiac could have been the one to rebuild the FOS in Brainaic's style

Quote Originally Posted by xrayvision View Post
    Actually the crystal was pulled out of the Arctic and Tess had it. She even showed it to Clark in Instinct, and asked for Chloe's help in cracking the code, since the crystal itself was a computer. But sometime offscreen in Instinct, it disappeared and then later reappeared in a box left at the Kent Farm in Bloodline. When Clark touched it, it sent him & Lois to the Phantom Zone.

All this makes me think it was Chloeiac (Brainiac-in-Chloe) who stole it in Instinct and reprogrammed it to send Clark to the Phantom Zone.
    You're right, I forgot about what happened earlier this season. It seems like a long time ago. I suppose Chloeiac could've taken it, but then there's the whole thing with Lex being able to see everything that Tess was doing. He had the camera in her eye so maybe he had somebody take it.

Quote Originally Posted by myankskent View Post
    You're right, I forgot about what happened earlier this season. It seems like a long time ago. I suppose Chloeiac could've taken it, but then there's the whole thing with Lex being able to see everything that Tess was doing. He had the camera in her eye so maybe he had somebody take it.
    The only thing is, how did Lex re-program it? He has some brilliant scientists, but none smart enough to re-program alien technology.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast