The bigger tear jerker...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reckoning and vengence had me crying real bad . = (

Comment

Neither...I never cry at TV shows. However, I think "Requiem" was sadder because Kristin Kreuk is a fantastic actress and delivered a strong performance. I never liked Jonathan much, so I didn't mind seeing him go. The final scene in "Vengeance" was sad, though.

Comment

TV was made for people like me who have easy access to their tear ducts...I cried during Ryan, Memoria, Reckoning, Pariah, that one with Wes Keenan in it, Veritas, the one that Lionel dies in, Bride...I could go on....yes I admit I cried at Requiem cos of TW's performance with Clark in physical pain, but the all time winner of the crying episodes is Vengeance. I bawled at the end

Comment

ok first of all i would say "promise" was the "biggest tear jerker" imo.....secondly i don't get the whole hating on lana thing..... clark's done stupid things because of her, true. however if we're saying that that's not realistic then we haven't been paying attention to most relationships.....Yes clark falls all over himself and thinks about only him and lana...but...1:he's not even superman yet he's still learning his destiny and 2:he's young aren't most guys his age chasin after the hottie????? Another question I have...Doesn't clark fall all over himself when he's older and he's around lois??? yeah that's superman's luv interest inevitably but why can't he love someone else before then? don't most of us? just my opinion guys....

Comment

Lana isnt half the character Jonathan was.

Comment

Originally posted by JosephKenny18
              Lana isnt half the character Jonathan was.
              Eh, I was never that keen on him. He always seemed quite cliched and cheesy, with little depth beyond the "good-hearted dad". Schneider played it quite well, though.

Lana always entertained me more, for some reason, even when some of her developments were cringeworthy.

Comment

Reckoning actually made me cry. In requiem if I ever had to cry, it was because of Lois, not because of Clana break-up. And Vengeance, that was really sad..

Comment

well, it's a matter of perspective. reckoning was pretty compelling melodrama, but as a comic book reader, vengeance made me feel kinda violated...Does that count?

Comment

Requiem.......still makes me tear up!

Tom and Kristin were outstanding together in the last scene!

Comment

• Originally posted by jjacobs
                      Requiem.

Reckoning didn't really make me cry. The final scene in Vengance made me cry FOR SURE.
                      Me, too! I thought that "Reckoning" was Really Sad, but it didn't hit me the way that final scene with Clark and Martha with Clark wearing his Dad's 'recovered stolen' watch, the video...everything about it from the moment that Sad guitar music started playing was Soooo SAD, IMO. Even today, if I watch Vengeance, I'll get watery eyes at the end or cry with Clark when he just wails on his mom's shoulder. It wasn't that way for me with "Requiem".

IDK, it's Weird, but It felt as if Lana Was sad to have to leave Clark, but she wasn't as sad as Clark was about it. I guess it might be because she told him that the life of a superhero was the life that she wanted. She'll Still have that, whereas Clark will just have to suffer without her until he heals some as is able to move on... CHOOSING to look Forward toward 'his' destiny rather than backwards at what he and Lana's lost.

Although, I didn't have that lingering sadness with "Reckoning" like I had with "Promise". I felt sad for days afterwards. Even though I didn't shed one tear for "Requiem", I'm still feeling sad about the 'whole' thing; meaning Clark and Lana trying to ressurect their romantic relationship and it's on the heels of Clark and Lois beginning to develop feelings for each other. The devastation that was Chloe's wedding, ALL of it. I'm still feeling it.
                      Last edited by Imzadia; 02-21-2009, 02:59 AM.

Comment

• IDK, it's Weird, but It felt as if Lana Was sad to have to leave Clark, but she wasn't as sad as Clark was about it. I guess it might be because she told him that the life of a superhero was the life that she wanted. She'll Still have that, whereas Clark will just have to suffer without her until he heals some as is able to move on... CHOOSING to look Forward toward 'his' destiny rather than backwards at what he and Lana's lost.
                        Cut to the very next episode and Clark has pretty much forgotten who Lana is. Another reason why I hated the way this darn story line ended, it was over and then Clark was all 'Oh Lana left, yeah, that kind of sucked oh well, hey Lois wanna go for ice cream?!'

Comment

• That montage with Clark pouring the ashes over at the truck, cut to Oliver looking at Lex's portait and holding a green kryptonite ring, not to mention Lana and Chloe hugging was one of the most powerful and emotional bits on the show.

In hindsight, most of S10 would have been more poignant if they'd cut out most of the talking head-drama and replaced it with brilliant camera work and shots & atmosphere.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎