Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Lois Lane officially a Second Choice?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by justsuper
    Look, I think the Lana arc was a mistake. Instead of Clark making an adult decision or Lana making an adult decision and moving on, both characters were forced into making a decision not to be together based on a physical impediment. Thus, Clark's character has regressed these few episodes. He's not the Clark we have been seeing and loving - so confident and being his own man - in season 8.

That being said, I rather enjoyed Requiem - especially after the disaster that was "Power." I thought the episode was well-constructed and made sense and the acting and directing were quite good. In terms of Lois being a second choice - let's not think of it that way. I mean, you can love more than one person. You can have a great love, then have an even greater love because you are a different person and have learned some things in life. That's what Clark can have with Lois in Season 9. So, this isn't a contest. It's not a second best thing. We know from Superman lore that Clark and Lois are destined to be together - so the love he shares with her is a different kind of love than he had with Lana. I worried about this Requiem episode - and though while not perfect due to the nature of this odd Lana arc - I can see Clois happening and Clark rising from the ashes. So, let your heart not be troubled Clois fans!
    Hugs!

I was going to say, Lois would only be second choice if Clark made it that way... it's up to Clark now to love her enough to prove that even if Lana came back green-k free he wouldn't go with her and would be with Lois out of more then just obligation.

Comment

Originally posted by borednow
      Hugs!

I was going to say, Lois would only be second choice if Clark made it that way... it's up to Clark now to love her enough to prove that even if Lana came back green-k free he wouldn't go with her and would be with Lois out of more then just obligation.
      Well said .

Comment

Just cancel this show. For real superman mythos stick to the comics, clearly the only thing that truly counts. This show is disgraceful.

Comment

This show is wonderful !!!!!! It is only the last 2 episodes that stink. It does seem that Lois will always be his second choice in Smallville but maybe TPTB know what they are doing. Maybe we can only see week to week. I hope that they have a much bigger picture and a great path to make Lois #1 and not by default.

Comment

NO SHE'S NOT! I'm sure PS3 will handle Clark-moving-on-from-Lana-to-Lois in a great way, I have faith in PS3!

Comment

Pissed off doesn't even begin to cover how I feel, but I ain't giving up on Clois yet.
              I just hope that they have brains to show us somehow, when Clark actually does fall for Lois, that Lois means so much more than Lana did. This has GOT to be proven on-screen somehow, it can not be left to us to imagine.
              I want to KNOW that when Clark and Lois are together, if Lana ever came back without the Krypto infection, Clark wouldn't want to just drop what he has with Lois and run back to Lana.

EDIT: I could've done without the line "In eachother's hearts, I will always be with you". Seriously, that was uncalled for. Talk about kicking a 'ship when it's down.
              Last edited by wafflles87; 02-06-2009, 12:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Krypto_marcus
                NO SHE'S NOT! I'm sure PS3 will handle Clark-moving-on-from-Lana-to-Lois in a great way, I have faith in PS3!
                How? I wish I could have as much faith as you, I am just so aggravated by this episode. I seriously do not understand how they thought this would be a good idea. They spent the first 10 episodes of the season establishing CLOIS and then just completely abandon it when Lana comes back! I dont get it.

Comment

You know, the writers were really impressing me, then they brought back Lana and just beat a dead horse til it was a skeleton. I suppose this would have been great had it been 3 seasons ago. lol I'm read for Clana to die. Lois needs to be Clark's first choice. She finally was becoming it and then Lana effed it up. I still have faith in the writers. I guess my hopes had been just too high. Oh well. I hope they can fix it somehow. I'm just disappointed with Clark and how he's been written.

Comment

I don't have that much hope, but I have some, some of that may be do to my refusal to watch tonights episode... I got the highlights, and I do believe it is possible to fix... I could write it in about two minutes... hell it's been written but now it is up to the PS3 to write it, let's hope they dig deep and do...

Comment

NO NO NO she's not a second choice !!!

Comment

I think most people have relationships before finding the one they marry. No big deal - especially on TV and especially on SV where it seems that the plots are all over the place. By the time Clois is ready , this will all be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by borednow
                          Hugs!

This is absolutely true. The arc will not affect how Clark's feeling develop for Lois in the future, and I'll look forward to seeing his character getting back on track and being with the woman who he should be with, and that's Lois Lane.

As far as I'm concerned the writers hit rock bottom, and the only way to go is up.

Comment

guys, please just listen, this is not the END of the season its the middle, they built up Clois at the start of S8 as the main relationship because it IS the main relationship to be resolved by the end of the season and by the end of it it will be so damn obvious it will make our heads spin, when you see the season in its entire form, and we know the ending, this whole middle disruption will be seen as just that the DISRUPTION of the story..the spanner in the works of clois. The trial and tribulations that clois must overcome before it becomes a reality.

I think the writers WILL pull it off, they will make it so we believe that lois is his one and only soulmate. They set it up in Instinct, Clark is simply blind to it at the moment but by the end he WILL REALIZE and clana, this whole clana crap in the middle will be nothing in comparison to the moment clark kent realizes he is utterly in love with Lois lane

trust me on this.

So what, Clana kissed on top of the DP..well just watch, they will top this, clark and lois will take a huge ass flight of the top of it and kiss in mid air! or something along those lines.
                            Last edited by DontCha; 02-06-2009, 05:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DontCha
                              guys, please just lietn, this is not the END of the season its the middle, they built up Clois at the etart as the main relationship because it IS the main relationship to be resolved by the end of the season and by the end of it it will be so damn obvious it will make our heads spin, when you see the season in its entire form, and we know the ending, this whole middle disruption will be seen as just that the DISRUPTION of the story..the spanner in the works of clois. The trial and tribulations that clois must overcome before it becomes a reality.

I think the writers WILL pull it off, they will make it so we believe that lois is his one and only soulmate. They set it up in Instinct, Clark is simply blind to it at the moment but by the end he WILL REALIZE and clana, this whole clana crap in the middle will be nothing in comparison to the moment clark kent realizes he is utterly in love with Lois lane

trust me on this.
                              I honestly hope you're right..but even if this wasn't about lois and clark, because we cloisers are obviously angry about that, but let's put clois to the side for a moment..I still thing it's incredibly stupid to have such a clana closure..she should have just come back, they talk some things over, clark realizes she's not his highschool love anymore and they stay friends..instead, [SPOILER]they gave lana some powers and she can't be near him because she would kill him..hello!![/SPOILER] This is just more than stupid..but hey, that's just my opinion.

Comment

Smallville isnt about 'ships, it is not the main point of the show. Wish everyone would look at Smallville with a little broader view, everyone who is distraught over Clois this, and Clois that....seriously. Stop being so narrow minded about the show, please.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎