Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Lois Lane officially a Second Choice?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by blink2matrix
    have you never ended a relationship with someone and forever loved them but just weren't in love with them? It's actually something I've noticed to happen somewhat often with people and their first loves. Clark didn't want to let go knowing the circumstances of why they were apart. He wanted a last time touching her. He did that and then goodbye to Lana (forever potentially). I don't exactly see how this goodbye played out means he can't FINALLY start a relationship with Lois and end up loving her more than he ever loved Lana. it can happen
    to answer you question, no i have never ended a relationship with someone and still loved them.

and i understand what you say, but imo he started recongising his feelings for lois in bride and then as soon as he saw blahna he dropped lois like a hot potato and let her walk away from him. then he's kissing blahna and sleeping with her. declares his love for her and wants to find a way to be together.
    but then in a few weeks will be in love with lois.

thats just poor writing and has spat on the whole superman myth. imo

so i still stand by what i said before. lois deserves better than this clark kent.

----- Added 7 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by BadToad
    She doesn't have to be a 2nd choice if they just don't do any Clois at all. If Lois comes back from Star City with the stars out of her eyes, and her head turned back around. She was only at the beginning of her feelings for Clark, so it would be easy enough to have her get over them quickly. Obviously PS3 couldn't not give a crap about Clois, or really anything that isn't Lana related. So, fine, whatever, then no need to hint at it, show anything, or go there in any way, shape or form.

Lois can, and should be, OK.

Clark will of course always be heartbroken because he couldn't be with the Saint of the World, but hey, since when was this show about Clark? Oh wait....

Really, just let Clark be single, let him be focused on being a good hero, let him focus on trying to make a difference in the world (Lana will, of course, be off stopping earthquakes, feeing the starving people, stopping global warning, and bringing about peace in the Middle East, because she's a superpowered hero now, Yo!). He can still be Superman. Just a sad, broken down Superman who isn't allowed to have love or happiness in his life. Isn't that an awesome tale for SV to tell?

your awesome. and i agree.

i now think the only way the writers can save sv in anyway is keep clark single. and maybe there might be hope that this sad pathetic man will turn out to be the intelligent and strong hero that has stood the test of time for 70 odd years.

but with these writers and exec producers i wont hold my breath.

and another fan bites the dust. but obviously they dont care.
    Last edited by lovinredkclark; 02-05-2009, 09:52 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by lovinredkclark
      to answer you question, no i have never ended a relationship with someone and still loved them.

and i understand what you say, but imo he started recongising his feelings for lois in bride and then as soon as he saw blahna he dropped lois like a hot potato and let her walk away from him. then he's kissing blahna and sleeping with her. declares his love for her and wants to find a way to be together.
      but then in a few weeks will be in love with lois.

thats just poor writing and has spat on the whole superman myth. imo

so i still stand by what i said before. lois deserves better than this clark kent.
      LOL at "blahna." i see what you are saying and respect it. I've always been a Clois fan but i always kinda had a soft spot for Lana and so it make me less inclined to dislike her and more inclined to be hopeful. I do and did realize while watching tonight that this is like 50 steps back in the Clois department but I know that all that is left for us now is Clois and that has me excited. I refuse to let this story arc hamper that for me, lol. Call it partial denial but I'm actually super excited to have Clois FINALLY start (i figured it couldn't with Lana's potential return at any moment but now she's gone so yay).

Comment

This begs the question, though: why on earth is Lois on the show, then?
        I'm not entirely sure anymore, and thats no diss on ED, or her take on Lois Lane. I don't even get the sense that these writers are all that interested in writing for her. If they gave her a strong, individual arc tied into her journalism career? Then I'd understand.

Comment

Originally posted by dru-zod2501
          Yes. Lois could never match up evenly with the Lana in Clark's mind.

I don't care if Clark is completely committed to Lois when they're together, Lana took a bullet for him in a way that Lois never, ever can. And now that Lana's officially in the hero business, she's in a position to better understand a part of his life that Lois can't quite grasp in the same way.

Lana: 2
          Lois: 0
          Totally agree. This is Smallville. And on Smallville, Lana is always in Clark's heart. I'm not talking about comics. Clois owns the comics, but Clana owns Smallville.

----- Added 1 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by Lori Lemaris
          What happened in Requiem just made our biggest fear come to a realization as CLOIS fans....The only reason now that Clark and Lana would not be together is because Lana is infected with Kryptonite and deep inside Clark's heart and soul, he loves LANA...and Lana is just around the corner watching Clark from afar...

Why cant they just send Lana to the future....so that Lois and Clark can start a fresh one and on a clean slate...Lois in the Present and Lana in the future. It would have sound more convincing. Since Lois is alive in the present and once she dies, Clark can go to the future. At least, both CLANAS and CLOIS are happy.

How in the world these writers going to convince us Clois fans, that our dear beloved Clark "falls in love" with Lois so hard....Hello...Oh poor Lois.......She deserves better.
          They can't. Best not to even try. Let Lois come back and be a good friend to him, because that's what he needs right now.
          Last edited by Clana4Life; 02-05-2009, 10:38 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by DorothyFan1
            I know you people are trying to keep your spirits up by claiming Lois is Clark's "next chapter"...but I'm sticking to saying the truth...Lois Lane is Clark's "second choice". In light of Requiem...you have no choice but to admit it.
            Exactly!! Her being infected with Kryptonite is the ONLY reason they dont end up together and thats crazy!!

Comment

I'm not entirely sure anymore, and thats no diss on ED, or her take on Lois Lane. I don't even get the sense that these writers are all that interested in writing for her. If they gave her a strong, individual arc tied into her journalism career? Then I'd understand.
              I know... I'm a Lois Lane fan, but it's pretty clear that they've dropped the ball on her... they just don't know what to do with her, unless it's shipping related. Once Lana entered the picture, that went out the window. And it looks like once Lana exits, they'll pick up right where they left off -- with no care of concern as to how that makes Lois or Clark look.

I think this is clear just by the fact that she's been gone for 4 episodes & they haven't bothered to give an explanation WHY. She's got a job in Metropolis, an apartment and a whole life.

YET, apparently, Chloe is TOO IMPORTANT to take time away from her life to go hold her brand-new husband's hand & Lois can take that same time away to hold her cousin's husband's hand FOR Chloe. And TPTB think that makes so much sense that they don't even feel the need to address it.

Yeah... clearly... these folks aren't giving much thought to Lois's place in this series. In the first half, it seemed like they finally figured it out and they gave her a prominent role in a very important arc (Clark's emerging dual identity and the DP) but that was completely thrown aside for episodes on Chlavis/Chimmy & Clana.

----- Added 2 Minutes later -----

She doesn't have to be a 2nd choice if they just don't do any Clois at all. If Lois comes back from Star City with the stars out of her eyes, and her head turned back around. She was only at the beginning of her feelings for Clark, so it would be easy enough to have her get over them quickly. Obviously PS3 couldn't not give a crap about Clois, or really anything that isn't Lana related. So, fine, whatever, then no need to hint at it, show anything, or go there in any way, shape or form.

Lois can, and should be, OK.

Clark will of course always be heartbroken because he couldn't be with the Saint of the World, but hey, since when was this show about Clark? Oh wait....

Really, just let Clark be single, let him be focused on being a good hero, let him focus on trying to make a difference in the world (Lana will, of course, be off stopping earthquakes, feeing the starving people, stopping global warning, and bringing about peace in the Middle East, because she's a superpowered hero now, Yo!). He can still be Superman. Just a sad, broken down Superman who isn't allowed to have love or happiness in his life. Isn't that an awesome tale for SV to tell?

Yup... pretty much.

I am REALLY hoping that Lois comes back and stays as far away from Clark as possible. I do NOT want her going back to falling for him.
              Last edited by eas; 02-05-2009, 10:52 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

I find it weird too that ED was not in 4 episodes consecutively.
                I remember ED said in an interview that KK and her do not really work together a lot. As far as I remember, I do not see them sharing onscreen time a lot during Season 4 to Season 8.
                Maybe they were trying to separate the two or something...either way, now that KK is gone from the show, I hope ED will be given more importance since she is portraying Lois Lane.

Originally posted by eas
                I know... I'm a Lois Lane fan, but it's pretty clear that they've dropped the ball on her... they just don't know what to do with her, unless it's shipping related. Once Lana entered the picture, that went out the window. And it looks like once Lana exits, they'll pick up right where they left off -- with no care of concern as to how that makes Lois or Clark look.

I think this is clear just by the fact that she's been gone for 4 episodes & they haven't bothered to give an explanation WHY. She's got a job in Metropolis, an apartment and a whole life.

YET, apparently, Chloe is TOO IMPORTANT to take time away from her life to go hold her brand-new husband's hand & Lois can take that same time away to hold her cousin's husband's hand FOR Chloe. And TPTB think that makes so much sense that they don't even feel the need to address it.

Yeah... clearly... these folks aren't giving much thought to Lois's place in this series. In the first half, it seemed like they finally figured it out and they gave her a prominent role in a very important arc (Clark's emerging dual identity and the DP) but that was completely thrown aside for episodes on Chlavis/Chimmy & Clana.
                ----- Added 2 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by 'Tonio09
                Exactly!! Her being infected with Kryptonite is the ONLY reason they dont end up together and thats crazy!!
                Oh god, you have no idea...I was screaming like it was the end of the world...Give LANA the ring to go the future!!!! Maybe they would have cure in 3009. As Ive said before it would give time for Clark to fall in love with Lois in the present and once she dies, Clark would go to the future and be with Lana...then both CLANAS and CLOIS are happy.
                Last edited by Lori Lemaris; 02-05-2009, 10:57 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

dont care anymore

Comment

whatever...

Comment

No she isnt!!!!

Comment

Even the soap opera's on Tv could not match that storyline

Okay, we are going to get a time reversal in Infamous so why didnt Clark do it for Lana?? Oh yeh thats because we have the spinoff from Smallville - Lana the super hero!!

Comment

I just have to ask why would you Clois fans even want them to be together when the writers have absolutely ruined Lois and Clarks character. They have ruined Lana, Lex, Clark and Lois IMO. This is why I barely watch the show anymore. Mostly because Clark to me will never be man enough, smart enough, tough enough to be Superman.

Oh yeah I am a clana fan but am actually glad it is over because the writers ruined that relationship to. But you have to admit after watching this episode and seeing Clark and Lana kiss on the roof of the Daily Planet last episode, how are they going to fix this mess to make it believable that Clark will fall in love with Lois?

Comment

Clark's a second choice right now in my book. I don't care what superpowers he has, Lois is light years ahead of him as a person. If anyone is settling right now, it'd be Lois.
                            Last edited by Seeya'round Smallville; 02-05-2009, 11:46 PM.

Comment

Clois for Season Nine!

Comment

Look, I think the Lana arc was a mistake. Instead of Clark making an adult decision or Lana making an adult decision and moving on, both characters were forced into making a decision not to be together based on a physical impediment. Thus, Clark's character has regressed these few episodes. He's not the Clark we have been seeing and loving - so confident and being his own man - in season 8.

That being said, I rather enjoyed Requiem - especially after the disaster that was "Power." I thought the episode was well-constructed and made sense and the acting and directing were quite good. In terms of Lois being a second choice - let's not think of it that way. I mean, you can love more than one person. You can have a great love, then have an even greater love because you are a different person and have learned some things in life. That's what Clark can have with Lois in Season 9. So, this isn't a contest. It's not a second best thing. We know from Superman lore that Clark and Lois are destined to be together - so the love he shares with her is a different kind of love than he had with Lana. I worried about this Requiem episode - and though while not perfect due to the nature of this odd Lana arc - I can see Clois happening and Clark rising from the ashes. So, let your heart not be troubled Clois fans!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎