No announcement yet.

They Cheapened Clois!!!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exactly, Jen. ITA with everything.

I recently watched those eps, and with fresh eyes and perspective, they do make sense, even if giving it the old college try was simply redundant at that point. But their attempt was half-hearted and nostalgic at best. They were two completely different people than even when Lana had first left him. They were two completely different people once Lana "died" at the end of season 6. Everything they had from then on, and in the AoS was just going through the motions.

Even when Clark and Lana talk on the DP rooftop at the end of Power, it's not ANYTHING like what he's said to Lois in the episodes since, with regard to his dreams, to his desires, to what he feels and wants. That moment, in hindsight now, makes even more sense to me. It was a pretty dream...but it was merely that. Had no substance and no lasting meaning.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Blade
      Lois is not a consolation prize. But it took me two years for this particular show to convince me, so this episode is still the most harmful thing that ever happened to Smallville, imo.
      Well if you watch the history, twice Lois has walked away from Clark when she felt his heart was still with Lana, Spirit and Bride, it was always her, girl is smart enough to know. She didn't walk away in homecoming, she's no CP. I never thought I'd be happy about those moments as I love Clois but now I am, Lois has always been shown to know better. Plus I love Clark's wtf! reaction when the punch lady brought up Lana and him being perfect,

Comment

• Well you gotta admit folks, when you look at how cloisers felt at the beginning pages of this thread to how they feel now about Clois, it's definitely interesting to see as to how so many things had changed for us within these last two years.lol

Makes me wonder at times that if any cloiser today could go back in time to the point where Requiem had just aired and show any amount of Clois scenes from Seasons 9 and what we have with 10, which scenes would have healed us back then?lol

Comment

• This episode has tainted sv clois for me. Lois will always be the consolation prize after this AOS.

Comment

• Originally posted by cloisthelegendbegins
            Well I'm done shipping Clois on this show. There's NO WAY this Clark Kent can be looking at Lois one episode never mind three episodes after this crapfest.
            I agree.

But I couldn't vote... my answer would be, Clark SHOULD have kept his eyes on Lois the entire time Going back to Lana for round 7 was a HUGE fail for me!!! What happened Before Bride and After Requiem was just fine... but the middle part Not sure how Clark could be made to look worse, in his romantic life

Comment

• Originally posted by lucky clois fan
              I agree.

But I couldn't vote... my answer would be, Clark SHOULD have kept his eyes on Lois the entire time Going back to Lana for round 7 was a HUGE fail for me!!! What happened Before Bride and After Requiem was just fine... but the middle part Not sure how Clark could be made to look worse, in his romantic life
              I still dislike the Lana/Clana arc in S8, but love what they did with Clois. He didn't hook with her until S9. He also finally faced his feelings for her in S9. His dance with her in HC was also similar to the one in "Bride." They did Clois right. Lana is not going to live too long. That makes so happy. Clois or no Clois. I was never a fan of Lana after S1.
              Last edited by Simba_Muffy; 03-14-2011, 10:38 PM.

Comment

• Right after "Requiem", yes I felt like Clois was cheapened and wasn't sure they could ever be credible. But I hoped that the writers could somehow, in the next couple of seasons, make me believe in Clois again.

And they did. I have loved S9/S10 and its Clois pacing/progression. But I'm still not over what happened in Requiem.

I KNOW he loves Lois. I know he said she's the ONE. I know he said he'd want to marry her in five days or in five years. I know he said she was the one he always needed. I know he said she was the love of his life. I know he said that there's nothing in this world that could prevent him from walking down the aisle. I know that he hovered when he was dancing with her and that in the virtual world of "Collateral", she got him to fly. I know that he smiles at Lois with that huge, goofy, FULL and FREE smile (even since early S4 in the "Facade" dunk tank) in a way he never really did with Lana. I know he said that he died when Lois left. I know he said he can't live in a world where she doesn't love him. I KNOW that I'm being selfish...but I do STILL need to know that he wouldn't go back to Lana if she ever came back...because that is the last unequivocally-unanswered question for me in the AWESOMENESS that is Clois. Could I assume that he wouldn't go back to Lana because of all the things that have happened in S9/S10? Sure, I guess. I just want verbal confirmation.

Am I crazy to hope for TOTAL closure on Requiem/Clana in the finale? Yea, probably...because it's been so long since S8 and maybe people's wounds have sufficiently healed since this AoS and that nobody cares anymore. But still, I guess it's true what they say about hope dying last.

Comment

• Thank you Tom for signing up for S9 & 10 because Requiem only left you wondering what ever happened to Lana when we got the conclusion of the original cast .....Lex turned evil now president who runs LexCorp....Chloe is now a mom living in Singapore....Ollie a hero.....Lois and Clark working in the DP very in love and horny for each other still after 7 years and Clark is Superman and again what about Lana?

Comment

• Originally posted by luvinChlark
                    they pretty much did...Lois will just be Clark's rebound
                    A "Rebound" is an illadviced relationship, that someone enters a few weeks after ending a serious relationship. I'd hardly call the Clana relationship in S8 "serious". More like two ex-lovers giving it one last try. After all, they had only gotten back together at the end of "Power" and then they broke up at the end of "Requiem". It was brief. Furthermore, Clark and Lois didn't start dating until S9 and had begun developing feelings for each other during the early episodes of S8. Heck, they were about to kiss, when Lana came back. Which takes me back to the matter of the S8 Clana relationship not being serious. A fear of entering a relationship sends Clark back into the arms of an old one. Because it's familiar, it's safe. He doesn't have to take the risk of being hurt, because the main issue (his secret), something he'd have to deal with when it comes to Lois, have already been dealt with when it comes to Lana. He knows she won't reject him for it.

Finally, Clark and Lana doesn't actually get back together until she gets super powers. So, the rekindled romance is more Clark dating another person with superhuman abilities, because he thinks it'd be easier. Another week, he'd realized his mistake and broken up with her. Heck, their final scene together shows a willingness to move on. Sure, saying goodbye may have been painful, but both parties were clearly willing to end it. Lana hesitated to answer Clark, when he asked if Dr. Groll found a way to undo the Kryptonite infection. Her hesitation hints that there was a way, but Lana chose not to do it. A few episodes before, Clark was given a Legion ring, but doesn't even suggest using it. Nor does he consider taking her to the Fortress to be cured. The Kryptonite situation just gave both parties an excuse to end it once and for all.

Comment

• Aww. I miss Clois. Yeah, you'd have to not know Clark/Superman at all to think that. He would be alone forever before he settled. When Lois is gone he is alone a thousand years, no one else for him. On the show when he had feelings for Lana he also had feelings for others (Kyla, Alicia) but once he realized he loved Lois there was NO ONE else for him. When he had feelings for Lana but she wasn't around (moved away, was with another guy or even when he thought she died) he moved on just fine. Life went on for him. When he started having feelings for Lois and she disappeared "Lois, I DIED when you left". He couldn't go on as Clark Kent without her. Clark to Lois : You are THE ONE and ALWAYS will be. Lana, Chloe nor anyone else is the one and they never will be. Clark to Lois : YOU are the LOVE of MY LIFE. Best of all his vows to Lois. He knows he is destined to live much longer than she will yet he doesn't say til death do us part. He vows that she is his companion FOREVER and he says "I pledge the REST of MY LIFE to YOU! So for SV Clark there will never be anyone but Lois FOREVER! Perfect.

Comment

• Originally posted by jon-el87
                        A fear of entering a relationship sends Clark back into the arms of an old one. Because it's familiar, it's safe. He doesn't have to take the risk of being hurt, because the main issue (his secret), something he'd have to deal with when it comes to Lois, have already been dealt with when it comes to Lana. He knows she won't reject him for it.
                        There was an earlier example of this in "Unsafe". In the opening scene, Clark's at the Talon, when two of the cheerleaders from "Devoted" come up to him and try to get him to go with them to a party. Right after, Martha asks why he couldn't date one of them. To which Clark openly expresses a conviction that his secret would end up ruining the relationship, like it had with Lana. Then Clark goes out and tries to enter an illadviced relationship, with his former stalker, because Alicia already knows his secret (So, it can't present any problems) and has powers of her own.

So, the Clark and Lana stuff in season 8, was just (to an extent) a repeat of the Clark and Alicia stuff in season 4. Maxima even notes in "Instinct", that Clark has deep feelings for Lois (hence, why he's able to resist her). The problem is a deepseated fear, that his secret will hurt her and ruin the relationship. Suddenly, life throws him a get out of jail free card. A girl, who already knows his secret, re-enters his life. He tries to re-enter a relationship with her, not out of real love, but a belief that this'll be simpler. He'll be with a girl, who already knows his secret and then gains powers of her own. He's trying to suppress his actual feelings and go for an alternative, that he thinks will be easier.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎