TV Ratings for "Requiem"

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Requiem will be one of the highest rated episodes of the season in terms of the TV ratings. However, what people need to examine is the reasoning for this. Whenever an episode has this much negativity surrounding it and is considered an episode that can make or break the series, people will tune in just based on that hype. They will want to see if they were right about their predictions and how the writers will make us all remember Lana. Look for the ratings to be at their highest in the second half hour because the episode will most likely end with how Clana ends.

Everyone (Clana fans and Clana haters) want to see how Clana will end. If Clana is handled properly with mutual closure, then it will make Clana fans happy because the relationship was respected and it will make everyone else happy because it won't screw up the rest of the season in regards to Clark and Lois. Although Bulletproof and Power provided a lot of error that needs to be fixed. If it is handled poorly by using an outside circumstance to end Clana like Kryptonite in Lana's skin, it will screw up the rest of the season.

The high ratings for this episode, will have nothing to do with the episode itself. It will purely be based on people tuning in for the hype. Nothing more.
    Last edited by vyperman7; 02-05-2009, 03:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kreukie
      I know, seriously. Smallville has the weirdest marketing team. It's like those times they had One Republic and Lifehouse on the series, they didn't even promote it in any of the trailers! It's like, what's the point of paying these bands to appear on your show if you aren't going to use it for your advantage to get at least their fans to watch?
      It sort of reminds me of the Abyss preview. Why not focus on Clark at the FOS, I think that would have drawn in more fans of the show then the Chloe preview they had(nothing against Chloe but Clark or something special(in this case Lana's last episode) is what draws fans in).

Originally posted by vyperman7
      Requiem will be one of the highest rated episodes of the season in terms of the TV ratings. However, what people need to examine is the reasoning for this. Whenever an episode has this much negativity surrounding it and is considered an episode that can make or break the series, people will tune in just based on that hype. They will want to see if they were right about their predictions and how the writers will make us all remember Lana. Look for the ratings to be at their highest in the second half hour because the episode will most likely end with how Clana ends.

Everyone (Clana fans and Clana haters) want to see how Clana will end. If Clana is handled properly with mutual closure, then it will make Clana fans happy because the relationship was respected and it will make everyone else happy because it won't screw up the rest of the season in regards to Clark and Lois. Although Bulletproof and Power provided a lot of error that needs to be fixed. If it is handled poorly by using an outside circumstance to end Clana like Kryptonite in Lana's skin, it will screw up the rest of the season.

The high ratings for this episode, will have nothing to do with the episode itself. It will purely be based on people tuning in for the hype. Nothing more.
      While I agree with what you are saying, I think that fanbase will be counteracted by the fanbase who has better stuff to watch this week(Bones for the most part but Ugly Betty as well can take a bite out of the audience)
      Last edited by Supsfan; 02-05-2009, 03:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tyson08
        This thread isn't to discuss your nonsense, please quit it and let's talk about the ratings for this particular episode.
        Word. Some people...

Comment

I've been doing my part to help ratings by telling people to watch it tonight! Now, do ratings include the fact that there are those who watch it by purchasing it through iTunes?

Comment

Originally posted by vyperman7

I agree with that... to an extent. Yes, it's true about the online fans, but the casual viewers (who make up the majority of the show's audience), who don't check out the show online, won't know anything about the hype. So I'm not sure how this would affect them...

----- Added 53 Seconds later -----

Originally posted by beatles4
            I've been doing my part to help ratings by telling people to watch it tonight! Now, do ratings include the fact that there are those who watch it by purchasing it through iTunes?
            No. However, it certainly doesn't hurt to download the episodes, because the CW/Waner Bros. still gets to see that data.
            Last edited by ClarkyBoy14; 02-05-2009, 03:54 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Lois doesn't bring ratings, Clark Kent/Kal-El/Superman does.

Anyway I predict between 4.2-4.3, but I'm hoping 4.5 or whatever Bloodline scored.

Comment

Just under 4 million. It has stiff competition, but it doesn't have AI sucking away viewers, either.

Comment

3.67 million

Comment

i say 4.3

Comment

I hope more than 4 million.

Comment

I am going to say 4 million.

Comment

Right now there are 1,436 people on K-Site

We could break the current record of 1,788 for Bride!

Comment

It will be close to 4 million.

Comment

Goodbye... Lana.
                              Hope you return for Season Nine.

Comment

Originally posted by SparkleforSmallville
                                Right now there are 1,436 people on K-Site

We could break the current record of 1,788 for Bride!
                                We broke a new record tonight with over 1800 visitors. This is the second time this season that the record's been broken. However, I don't think very many people are happy this time...

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎