This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

After last week,which I was surprised by the ratings,I expect anything

Comment

Well last episodes proves that lois lane doesn't bring the ratings. So i guess 4.20 mil.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman&Clana
        Well last episodes proves that lois lane doesn't bring the ratings. So i guess 4.20 mil.
        I'm still waiting for someone to prove Lois brings ratings.

Comment

I'm guessing 4.25mil.
          The competition is tougher this week with less repeats and no AI to
          tilt the scale. We'll see. But, hey!

~~~~~~~It's Smallville Thursday!~~~~~~~

*happy dance*
          Last edited by SparkleforSmallville; 02-05-2009, 12:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman&Clana
            Originally posted by Kreukie
            This thread isn't to discuss your nonsense, please quit it and let's talk about the ratings for this particular episode.

Comment

What would it take to prove that? There are too many variable to directly prove that without an actual scene-by-scene ratings comparison. I believe this is how/why shows like desperate housewives (a couple times a season) will do an episode where each character is individually emphasized on a different 15 minute mark. The first quarter is Susan flashback, the second is Lynette, the third is Gabrielle, the fourth is Bree. They do that to analyze the ratings to see which character brought in the largest audience. Without that done, there is no way to prove anything, but there is also no way to disprove it.

Comment

Originally posted by tyson08
                This thread isn't to discuss your nonsense, please quit it and let's talk about the ratings for this particular episode.
                WORD.

Why does everything have to be Lois v. Lana nowadays. It's so damn childish. Can we just discuss ratings?

I say this episode will do 3.8. Last week there were a lot of re-runs that helped Smallville. That won't happen this week, especially since Bones is brand new, and by the looks of the spoilers it will be very exciting.

Comment

Yeah, the Live+7 for Requiem may be higher.
                  I always say that and the dvr rating is always about the same.

Comment

Originally posted by SparkleforSmallville
                    Yeah, the Live+7 for Requiem may be higher.
                    I always say that and the dvr rating is always about the same.
                    What is the difference between the Live+7 numbers and the regular ratings?

Comment

Originally posted by nic25
                      What is the difference between the Live+7 numbers and the regular ratings?
                      Live ratings = regular ratings
                      +7 = Plus 7 days DVR Playback views

So, Live +7 includes both regular ratings as well as DVR playback views for 7 days.

Live/regular ratings are the most important ones, but DVR playback is gaining more importance.

Comment

Originally posted by davidbrenton
                        Live ratings = regular ratings
                        +7 = Plus 7 days DVR Playback views

So, Live +7 includes both regular ratings as well as DVR playback views for 7 days.

Live/regular ratings are the most important ones, but DVR playback is gaining more importance.
                        Thanks David

Comment

Originally posted by tyson08
                          Hey, where were you in the Bulletproof thread?

Comment

I guess we find out the effect of Bones on Smallville's rating tonight. If this episode goes down, it's not a good sign for the rest of the season. Personally I don't know why they didn't advertised it being Lana's last episode in the preview, I think that would have drove in more fans.

I am guessing 4-4.2M(last weeks rating + people curious about Lex + people who know this is Lana's last episode and curious to see how it goes - Bones fans who watch Smallville when nothing better on - People annoyed by Clana)
                            Last edited by Supsfan; 02-05-2009, 03:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Supsfan
                              Personally I don't know why they advertised it being Lana's last episode in the preview, I think that would have drove in more fans.
                              I know, seriously. Smallville has the weirdest marketing team. It's like those times they had One Republic and Lifehouse on the series, they didn't even promote it in any of the trailers! It's like, what's the point of paying these bands to appear on your show if you aren't going to use it for your advantage to get at least their fans to watch?

Comment

I'll guess 3.90 million viewers. I think the Toyman, Lex and Lana/KK's goodbye might bring in some viewers while the return of regular competition will hurt.

----- Added 1 Minutes later -----

I know, seriously. Smallville has the weirdest marketing team. It's like those times they had One Republic and Lifehouse on the series, they didn't even promote it in any of the trailers! It's like, what's the point of paying these bands to appear on your show if you aren't going to use it for your advantage to get at least their fans to watch?
                                Yeah, that was so dumb of the CW. When William Peterson left CSI last month, CBS had a ton of ads promoting it. Couldn't the CW have at least mentioned it to drum up more interest?
                                Last edited by ClarkyBoy14; 02-05-2009, 03:31 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎