Collapse
No announcement yet.

Clana/Lana Resolution - All Discussion

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The way it ended was touching, maybe, but not right.

Clark's unwillingness to let go of Lana was a major aspect of the character for many seasons. Their relationship should have ended because Clark realizes that he needs to move on, not because being next to her is literally hazardous to his health.

Sure he moved on with Lois, but if not for Lana absorbing all of that Kryptonite, the feelings he had for Lois would have died. So in the end we miss out on a character growth opportunity for Clark.

Comment

• This was a horrible idea that got executed really well. As many people have said it's trite, and it makes Lois look like the silver medalist. That said, it was done very well. In that ending scene I, for the first time in show, understood why Clark liked Lana in the first place. I loathe her, and it still hurt to watch that scene; it's probably one of KK's best performances in show.

Comment

• I will never think it was done well and I don't understand how people think it makes Lois look like a second choice. I have posted many thoughts on this subject in other thread's and am tired so I won't go into detail I just feel the whole ending was bad for LANA. Not Clana, I would have preferred they end in a mature way, end as friends. But we got what we got, they decided to show us that Clark's relationship with Lana had always been like kryptonite for him by turning Lana into kryptonite. It wasn't my favorite idea, but they did it. My issue though is what they did to LANA. I like her, I really and truly do, but the way they ended her made me want to ram my head through a wall. She felt so un-worthy of Clark and was so obsessed with Lex that the only thing she could do was steal a super suit in order to get it away from Lex and also be good enough to be with Clark. I hated that a show was telling impressionable young girls watching that you need to change in order to be good enough for someone. No, that's no it, she should have thought she was good enough on her own. After all, if you have to change who you are completely to be with someone, well, then the relationship isn't right.

Comment

• The stupidest thing about it is that it didn't provide Clana with any genuine closure. It was written as the two of them unable to be together because of external influences rather than the two of them coming to a mature conclusion that their day was done. I realise the writers needed to stall Clois as well as have Kristin fulfil her contract, and perhaps demonstrate the extent of Lex's influence on their lives, but it's the lack of proper closure on that relationship that hurt the show in season 8. It recovered the following season when Clark definitively moves on from Lana, as symbolised in Rabid when he removes her photo from his wallet and puts it away in his scrapbook as a memory from the past.

Comment

• It was a needed ending for Clana for the standpoint that these 2 were never really good for each other. There was always something keeping them from truly being happy with the other. It was a endless circle of them getting together, only for things to get in their way for them to break apart, over and over, again. And Lois wasn't second place for Clark because he had the means to go back in time with the Legion ring, to prevent Lex from making that kryptonite bomb and to stop him for good so that he and Lana could be with each other forever. And also, Clark could've folded and not build on his feelings for Lois, if he was never over Lana and not moved on from there.......but he did and fell so deep in love with Lois that Lana was a distant memory for him.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheSecretVampire
              It was a needed ending for Clana for the standpoint that these 2 were never really good for each other. There was always something keeping them from truly being happy with the other. It was a endless circle of them getting together, only for things to get in their way for them to break apart, over and over, again. And Lois wasn't second place for Clark because he had the means to go back in time with the Legion ring, to prevent Lex from making that kryptonite bomb and to stop him for good so that he and Lana could be with each other forever. And also, Clark could've folded and not build on his feelings for Lois, if he was never over Lana and not moved on from there.......but he did and fell so deep in love with Lois that Lana was a distant memory for him.
              Clark going back in time would just be a dumb thing for him to do. He learned that lesson in season 5. He knew that he shouldn't change that, because who knows what the consequence would be. Why would someone want to make that important character lesson about whether or not Clark wants to get with Lois? He did it the way he did, not because he didn't want Lana or because he wanted Lois, but because he'd learned his lesson from that before. And building up feelings doesn't mean someone is over someone else. I'm not saying whether he was or wasn't, just that it doesn't really mean that. Have a very great day!

God bless you! God bless everyone!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dagenspear
                Clark going back in time would just be a dumb thing for him to do. He learned that lesson in season 5. He knew that he shouldn't change that, because who knows what the consequence would be. Why would someone want to make that important character lesson about whether or not Clark wants to get with Lois? He did it the way he did, not because he didn't want Lana or because he wanted Lois, but because he'd learned his lesson from that before. And building up feelings doesn't mean someone is over someone else. I'm not saying whether he was or wasn't, just that it doesn't really mean that. Have a very great day!

God bless you! God bless everyone!

Yes, it would've been dumb....but I wasn't saying Clark should've done it. All I was saying was Clark had a option to go back in time to prevent something and be with Lana for good. I did like how Clana ended though because enough was enough and it was time to let that ship sail.
                Last edited by TheSecretVampire; 04-20-2016, 06:59 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎