Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lana having powers is homage to the comics!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lana having powers is homage to the comics!

I find it interesting that people have an issue with Lana having powers on this series, when really it's a homage to the old Superman/Superboy comics! Lana has been given superhuman strength more than once in the comics, look at these comic strips.

I found this comic strip interesting because of the Legion.

Credit to Sweet for most of the comic strips!
    Last edited by Kreukie; 02-04-2009, 12:45 PM.

I think It was really cool that Lana got powers!

Comment

Originally posted by Rinoa
      I think It was really cool that Lana got powers!
      Yeah, I liked the idea to begin with, but it's also nice knowing it's in the comics as well. Makes the whole idea not seem totally out of left field as some have tried to make it out to seem.

Comment

lana awesome with power, Lana has attained exactly what she wants - to be powerful like Clark to fight villains, because Clark was hollding her back 7 season
        Lana is Clarls equal,

Comment

Originally posted by Kreukie
          Yeah, I liked the idea to begin with, but it's also nice knowing it's in the comics as well. Makes the whole idea not seem totally out of left field as some have tried to make it out to seem.
          It still looks stupid though when it is actually played out on screen. And, I still think "Power" is an awful episode.

Comment

not sure if here the rite place 2 state this but it just my idea abt lana u guys remember that lex clone lana rite an no body is sure if he clone more than one . so maybe she a clone an there bunch of clone annoying lana around so that y the write alway play lana card. another thing this show is based on clark b4 he became superman so lois an clark canot happen on sv cause they fell in love wen he was superman cant happen , but with al n mil gone the new write chanaging the show how they wan c it. so in way thee mess with superman stories an lois n clark cant happen on sv wen the show was portrade 2 be abt clark b4 superman

like lana but her charater is annoying at times but love ur pages abt her

----- Added 13 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by zanaamen
            lana awesome with power, Lana has attained exactly what she wants - to be powerful like Clark to fight villains, because Clark was hollding her back 7 season
            Lana is Clarls equal,
            ok lana hvin power is kool but thing abt all the time she got power she wen coko power hungry amm killing ppl or wanting 2 kill ppl clark inculed so clark has not been holden her back he just try not 2 make her in murder .
            Last edited by rehana/chole; 02-04-2009, 02:28 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Just because it is in comics doesn't mean it shoud be addapted to the Smallville canon, nor that it fits in the Smallville universe!
              The fact is the character of Lana has been so poorly and inconsistantly written, that this latest arc seems forced and contrived soly for the purpose of making Lana Lang looking good and leaving the door open for a nother disasterous Clana renuion, when in fact that relationship never should have been began in the first place, since the two people involved are poisen of the purest kind to one another!

Comment

Originally posted by umm
                Just because it is in comics doesn't mean it shoud be addapted to the Smallville canon, nor that it fits in the Smallville universe!
                The fact is the character of Lana has been so poorly and inconsistantly written, that this latest arc seems forced and contrived soly for the purpose of making Lana Lang looking good and leaving the door open for a nother disasterous Clana renuion, when in fact that relationship never should have been began in the first place, since the two people involved are poisen of the purest kind to one another!
                Lana might have been written inconsistently, but she's always been passionate about helping people. Even in Season 1 she was volunteering for the blood drive, spending time with old people in a retirement home, etc. That's one aspect of her personality that's been written consistently.

So her wanting to have Superpowers to make a difference in the world, is believable and canon.

Comment

is this lanaville?

Comment

I especially like the "Super Bug Girl"! Perhaps this is what should have happened in Metamorphosis in S2!

Comment

Originally posted by Mickey_Bickey
                      I especially like the "Super Bug Girl"! Perhaps this is what should have happened in Metamorphosis in S2!
                      Please, Michele - it's Insect Queen! She's the "Queen B" for sure - Clark becomes simply a drone in her presence. It's been droning on for 7+ years but not for more than 24 hours and 45 mins longer.

Oops! I missed Super Centipede Girl. Sorry. That's my new favorite Lana for now! She can help "solve Clark's problems" faster than anyone.
                      Last edited by Jack-El49; 02-04-2009, 06:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack-El49
                        Please, Michele - it's Insect Queen! She's the "Queen B" for sure - Clark becomes simply a drone in her presence. It's been droning on for 7+ years but not for more than 24 hours and 45 mins longer.

Oops! I missed Super Centipede Girl. Sorry. That's my new favorite Lana for now! She can help "solve Clark's problems" faster than anyone.
                        Sorry, Jack! My bad!

Comment

Did someone call an exterminator??? I'm reporting for duty!

Comment

See? Lana has powers in Superman/Superboy series too. Maybe it's temporary. Don't blame the writers.

Comment

Kreukie - The problem is not the powers. The problem is that she is being made into Lex Luthor and Clark Kent's equal, at the same time (yeah, how that is even possible is beyond me). The powers are just part of this whole "Lana is a Superhero" agenda that PS3 are shoving down our throats. So I don't care if Lana's had powers in the past. She had powers in Wrath too. Point is that Lana is constantly being portrayed as being perfect and heroic when the ACTIONS in the show have NOT shown this. They keep on telling us that Lana is perfect, but we don't see it in her actions.

Based on the comics, I'm more interested in seeing when Lana will meet Pete, you know, her future husband and baby daddy.

----- Added 4 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by Kid Collins
                              Lana might have been written inconsistently, but she's always been passionate about helping people. Even in Season 1 she was volunteering for the blood drive, spending time with old people in a retirement home, etc. That's one aspect of her personality that's been written consistently.

So her wanting to have Superpowers to make a difference in the world, is believable and canon.
                              So Lana participates in a blood drive way back when and visits some elder people and suddenly she's a superhero all about caring for and saving people? Please. Lana saving people has never been her passion. Even last year with the Isis foundation all of it was just a front to spy on Lex. Chloe Sullivan has done much more than Lana would have ever done with the Isis because Chloe does care about helping others.

Lana is all about Lana and her life and her problems and the mean men who have done her wrong. Right now Lana is all about Lex and proving him wrong and proving that she is his equal and that she is good enough to be with Clark Kent, whom she's obviously feels inferior too (and with good reason, her character is atrocious).

So whoopie for Lana having powers in the comics. It doesn't make this current storyline any more credible. SV-Lana is POWER hungry and OBSESSED with becoming a great hero. Sadly she is not a hero and never will be a hero.

----- Added 8 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by Justin Murad
                              See? Lana has powers in Superman/Superboy series too. Maybe it's temporary. Don't blame the writers.
                              Lana is also a home wrecker in the comics so I guess we shouldn't blame SV-Lana for having no morals. In one incarnation she wants to tear a husband away from his wife and in another she is into torture and murder. Either way, her character sucks.

*leaves thread whistling "Gone in a day, baby! Gone in a day!"*

----- Added 10 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by LILVILLE
                              is this lanaville?
                              Well you see, in order to appease fans this became Lanaville for a few episodes. Once this hated character is gone no one will ever utter the word: Lana again. You'll see.
                              Last edited by Dresden; 02-04-2009, 08:20 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎