Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lana having powers is homage to the comics!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by melissan02
    Did someone call an exterminator??? I'm reporting for duty!
    Not to worry Mel. Clark's going to take care of that bug problem himself. Since we're posting comic scans, here's the one I like that's on topic about Lana:

Originally posted by Fallen One

Comment

Originally posted by Dresden
      Kreukie - The problem is not the powers. The problem is that she is being made into Lex Luthor and Clark Kent's equal, at the same time (yeah, how that is even possible is beyond me). The powers are just part of this whole "Lana is a Superhero" agenda that PS3 are shoving down our throats. So I don't care if Lana's had powers in the past. She had powers in Wrath too. Point is that Lana is constantly being portrayed as being perfect and heroic when the ACTIONS in the show have NOT shown this. They keep on telling us that Lana is perfect, but we don't see it in her actions.
      You choose to see as them trying to front Lana as being perfect, but it's obvious that she's NOT, but she's TRYING to do the right thing after going through the mess she was put through in life. It's caled - trying to make up for ones mistakes.

Based on the comics, I'm more interested in seeing when Lana will meet Pete, you know, her future husband and baby daddy.
      How does that NOT surprise me? I'm sure there's other members who would want to see that as well just to see Lana away from Clark, just like people LOVED Lana with Lex, regardless of the awful person he was. Donno why people pretend to care about canon, when all they care is to see canon when it fits the bill of their ship/character.

So Lana participates in a blood drive way back when and visits some elder people and suddenly she's a superhero all about caring for and saving people? Please.
      Clark went from a normal teenager working on a farm to then saving a whole gym of high schoolers. Why is that easy to accept? Because his name is Clark Kent and not Lana Lang?

Oh, let's not forget Oliver, he has done his share of mistakes in the past and look at him now. It's called progression, growth and willingness to make up from ones mistake. It happens!

Lana saving people has never been her passion.
      So we've NEVER seen Lana have the passion and willingness of wanting to help others?

Not in Shimmer, Hourglass, Obscura, Vortex, Nocturne, Accelerate, Exodus, Exile, Relic, Shattered, Gone, Scare, Ageless, Arrival, Lockdown, Zod, Promise, Subterranean, Action...to name a few off the top of my head where Lana willingly tried to help someone else and even put herself in danger by doing some of those things.

Even last year with the Isis foundation all of it was just a front to spy on Lex.
      Lana could had done something competely different if she choose to and used it as a front, yet she choose to do something that was proactive when it came to helping others.

Lana is all about Lana and her life and her problems and the mean men who have done her wrong. Right now Lana is all about Lex and proving him wrong and proving that she is his equal and that she is good enough to be with Clark Kent, whom she's obviously feels inferior too (and with good reason, her character is atrocious).
      Yeah, Lana trying to bring down Lex, is really selfish of her.

Don't see why Clark and Oliver waste their time either with Lex.

So whoopie for Lana having powers in the comics. It doesn't make this current storyline any more credible. SV-Lana is POWER hungry and OBSESSED with becoming a great hero. Sadly she is not a hero and never will be a hero.
      I had to look up the define meaning of hero and here it is:

A person noted for feats of courage or nobility of purpose, especially one who has risked or sacrificed his or her life.

Courage - Yep, Lana has a lot of that since season six.

Nobility - She has it in my book, but I doubt you'll agree.

Risked or sacrificed her life - Just look back to all the episodes I've listed above.

Lana is also a home wrecker in the comics so I guess we shouldn't blame SV-Lana for having no morals. In one incarnation she wants to tear a husband away from his wife and in another she is into torture and murder. Either way, her character sucks.
      I've seen all those comics scans for that story and Clois fans love bringing it up and dwelling on them since that's all they really have to hold against comic Lana, yet disregard all the other nice things she's done over the past 50 years in the comics towards both Clark and Lois.

But hey, totally not Lana's fault that the Clark/Lois relationship was/is getting boring that the Superman writers felt the need to throw Lana back into the mix.
      Last edited by Kreukie; 02-04-2009, 10:14 PM.

Comment

I loved these last 5 episodes of Clana. It was great! Lana will always love Superman/CK even if he is with Lois. She's always helped him. Protected him from the evil hands of Lex and others. Love Lana and Clark.

Comment

LOL! Ah, the Silver Age, a fun time in comics history!

Comment

Originally posted by SuperheroFan87
            LOL! Ah, the Silver Age, a fun time in comics history!
            lol, no kidding especially with a lot of that old history being retconned. It's interesting that Kreukie would scan that one comic with Lana dressed up like Superman as it's taken from an old series called Supermans Girlfriend: Lois Lane and in that comic both women got superpowers and duked it out over Clarks affections.

All of them are from pre-crisis as well when DC had mulitple universes.

Comment

The idea of lana having powers is fine, if they had a better actress playing lana it might not have came off so corny and dumb lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Habits
                It's interesting that Kreukie would scan that one comic with Lana dressed up like Superman as it's taken from an old series called Supermans Girlfriend: Lois Lane and in that comic both women got superpowers and duked it out over Clarks affections.
                Why is it interesting?

I didn't scan any of these comics and my main point was to show that Lana getting powers is homage to the comics, as it's been done more than once. Also Lois didn't get powers in any of those comics I posted above, it was just Lana. You most be confusing it with another comic where BOTH Lana and Lois get powers.

This one:

Another example of Lana with power.

Comment

Originally posted by Kreukie
                  Why is it interesting?

I didn't scan any of these comics and my main point was to show that Lana getting powers is homage to the comics, as it's been done more than once. Also Lois didn't get powers in any of those comics I posted above, it was just Lana. You most be confusing it with another comic where BOTH Lana and Lois get powers.

This one:

Another example of Lana with power.
                  I said interesting but I guess I should've said funny as you appear to be a Clana fan and yet you take a reference from a comic series called Superman's Grilfriend: Lois Lane.

And while yes Lana did have instances where she got powers they never lasted long and she was never considered a super-hero in the mythos. Which is what bugs the heck out of me as it seems to be the direction that TPTB are trying to shove down our throats with all the, "You have such a wonderful destiny, you have such presence, I'm Lex's equal, I'm Clark's equal crap."

As I said in another thread what they do in SV is fine and completely up to their own discretion as long as it stays in SV. When they write crap that projects outside of their SV take on things and impacts the mythos of the superman character that's where I have a big problem.

Unless of course DC comes out and relegates SV to an AU then they can do whatever they please as it doesn't affect the mythos at all.

Comment

I find it interesting that people have an issue with Lana having powers on this series, when really it's a homage to the old Superman/Superboy comics! Lana has been given superhuman strength more than once in the comics, look at these comic strips.
                    Yep, as has Jimmy Olsen, Lois Lane, Lucy Lane, etc. Those things were filler stories. The writer didn't have any good story, so they just threw in a story, where one of the supporting characters, briefly, gained powers. And then lost them, at the end of the story.

----- Added 9 Minutes later -----

Geez, give me Lois' superhero dream, in Superman #125, any day.
                    In it, Lois dreams that she gains Kryptonian powers, after a blood transfusion, from Superman. And what does she do? (It's her dream, so she can do anything, he mind would want. She could've fantizised about getting superpowers, which then promps Supes to marry her. But, she didn't) She takes own a costume & a red wig, calling herself "Power Girl" and starts to fight crime. Superman's only in one panel (in the dream, the real deal appears several times, next to Lois' hospital bed), where he asks her, to watch over Metropolis, while he's gone.
                    It's actually quite a good story (especially, as it was published in 1958 & features a strong, independent female character. Not the usual "Wanna be Mrs. Superman" Lois Lane, of the 1950's), I'd suggest you'd find a re-print.
                    Last edited by jon-el87; 12-08-2010, 10:48 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

If they wanted to make Lana a hero why not turn her into the Insect Queen, they could have gotten bugboy back for that episode.

Comment

Still dont get this at all.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎