No announcement yet.

Peter change

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Level5
    I thought he had to actually get on some emotional level with the person he's absorbing the power from before he could actually absorb it. Like when he took Ted's power, he looked at him for a little while and then seemed to absorb his power.

like the definition to the word empathy is: understanding and entering into another's feelings.

Can he do that by just passing by them?
    He did with Ted (Radioactive Man), he didn't get emotionally attached with him before getting his power.

Nor was he thinking of Hiro when he went to the future to see the devastated New York.

Comment

Originally posted by targis
      I guess he could level 5. Both Peter and Sylar have the empathy power. I guess Sylar was born with 2 powers intuitive aptitude and empathic mimicry. But Sylar didn't know about the empathic one for a long time so I think this will allow the writers to just give people new powers whenever they want to. Like they can say that Nathan all the sudden has mimicry also. the possibilites are endless on adding powers to characters.
      Well that says it right there. Remember for Sylar to absorb Elle's power he had to connect with her emotionally. But then that begs the question. How can Peter walk into a room and pick up everyones power? Because I just don't know, this show doesn't have enough consistency. It's always flip flopping around, making it almost impossible to follow.

Originally posted by STFanatic
      He did with Ted (Radioactive Man), he didn't get emotionally attached with him before getting his power.

Nor was he thinking of Hiro when he went to the future to see the devastated New York.
      You may be right about Ted, I don't know, but I know you're right about Hiro. When Hiro stopped time when Peter was on the train he probably wasn't even thinking about Hiro. So how could he possibly of absorbed Hiro's Power. Unless he had meant Hiro before?

----- Added 30 Minutes later -----

OK, doing a little reading about this and, I think, I understand it. He gets the power instantly, but can't use it unless he thinks about the person or the original source of the power. As stated here: http://heroeswiki.com/Empathic_mimicry

So that means when he met Ted, he would of only needed to think of him to use his power, Right?
      Last edited by Level5; 02-04-2009, 10:33 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Lets look at the facts, sad as they are.

1. As someone already said, re-watching the part when peter injects himself, the writers covered their base, he is DEFINITELY NOT flying before he touches Nathan, I have the ep in HD and just watched the part 3 times, he basically tackles Nathan, still on ground, in fact it doesn't show him flying at all while they are still in the building, only after it switches to the outside shot.

2. After Claire removes his constraints on the plane, he notices Suresh next to him, and makes a conscious effort to touch him, so I would say obviously he knows his power has changed, why touch him otherwise.

3. We can over analyze the part where he falls into Tracy, but I think the facts are there, he touches her, you see the power transfer and he reacts to pain after decking the guard, IMHO these two things taken together mean he lost the super strength power.

I understand making Peter less powerful, however him losing the ability multiple powers is a HUGE nerf, changing his ability to touch based rather than proximity would have been MORE than enough, that would mean powers would almost have to be "given" to him rather than "taken", that would put him kinda in line with Sylar also, since his powers are "touch based" in a sense

Lots of questions on Peters ability, hope they don't drag out the answers.
        Last edited by Jun; 02-05-2009, 02:23 AM.

Comment

I don't see why they had to make him less powerful at all. I also don't like it, they shouldn't be messing with his character like that if you ask me.

I guess all we can hope for now is that his ability somehow gets stronger. Until it's back to the way it was before the 3rd volume happened. Probably not going to happen though.

Comment

i noticed that you didn't see the others use their powers after peter touched them. What if he has some weird power swapping thing now?
            He touches Nathan, Nathan has no power, Peter can fly.
            Peter touches mohinder, gets super strength loses flight, mohinder can now fly (that's how they escape falling out of the plane)
            Tracey gets super strength and peter can freeze.

just speculation but its like musical chairs with powers. seems like the kind of twist the crummy season three writers would go for

Comment

Hey, I just thought of something. If Sylar can empathically take powers, if Peter touches Sylar... wouldn't he get his empathic mimicry back?? And then we wouldn't have to debate anymore haha.

Comment

I guess that might work if he touched Sylar and took it from him, but how is he going to even get close to Sylar now? I mean, he might as well be powerless if all he can have is one power at a time.

Comment

I guess he could always touch Hiro go back to when he could absrobed powers from a distance. He could touch himself and get his orignal powers back. Oh forgot Hiro don't have his powers no more. I guess he would have to touch speed girl and get Ando to charge his powers so he could time travel

Comment

Again. Super strength does NOT make you invulnerable. Many of you on this page seem to think that Peter got hit/hurt after touching Tracy. The guard hit him with the rifle. That knocked him down. He then touched Tracy. Now maybe he then couldn't use super strength then. I don't know, neither do you.

However. Nikki had super strength and could still get hit and hurt. The Haitian's brother has invulnerability and not super strength. Why pray tell do you assume that Super Strength gives invulnerability as well when Nikki and Suresh never displayed it once?

Comment

• If you read Heroes wiki you'll see that Mohinder's power isn't just super strength. It's more like strength, senses, flexibility, and stamina. I assume his increased stamina makes him stronger. Like when the black op guys, or whatever you call them, tried to take him down. It took serval tasers just to the ground.

You may be right though, but the way he was holding his hand in pain after punching one of them. That kinda says that he lost Mohinder's power.

Comment

• Well then that info on Heroeswiki is incorrect. Thus far we have only seen Mohinder display super strength. We have seen him with those other side abilities but that was when he was bug/lizard man due to his imperfect formula. After he was exposed to the perfect formula, all the other side affects disappeard and we have only seen MO' with super strength. And untill we see him display anything else, then we are to assume that he only has super strength now, no matter what heroeswiki says.

When they got Mo' they nailed him with a taser on the shoulder and he ran away to HRG, who then took him out with one taser shot. More durable than normal perhaps, but not by much.

----- Added 3 Minutes later -----

Also when Peter took his ability, we did not see Peter display anything other than super strength. And Mo' got hurt with his ability, as did Pete before acquiring Tracy's.

----- Added 16 Minutes later -----

Exposure to a version of the formula enhanced with the catalyst caused his lesions to disappear, but Mohinder retained some other aspects from the ability. His strength remained enhanced enough for him to easily rip a taxi door off it's hinges, hit another person with it, then hold it up as a shield to block tasers being fired at him. Whether or not he has retained the other aspects of his ability remains unclear. (A Clear and Present Danger)

Taken from heroeswiki. SO he may have retained the other side abilities, but as it stated we haven't seen it in either Mo' or Pete when he borrowed Mo's ability.
                        Last edited by prairiefire; 02-06-2009, 07:31 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

• Well, nobody really knows what abilities Mohinder has right now, but it would seem that he still has super strength and increased stamina. The stamina would probably come with the super strength, though.

I'm looking forward to Monday so we can finally figure all of this out.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎